10-18-2016, 03:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); well i have a jb ps3 running on dex ps3ita previous of 4.50 i havent modded i quite sometime and was wondering if someone could help me out with a small step by step to get updated to get it back up and modding again. also i use a computer running on windows 8 if that helps any. just wanting to be able to get back on gta 5 and some cod and have some good fun again. big thanks to anyone willing to help me out.
10-18-2016, 06:08 PM #2
Originally posted by doothejew242 View Post
well i have a jb ps3 running on dex ps3ita previous of 4.50 i havent modded i quite sometime and was wondering if someone could help me out with a small step by step to get updated to get it back up and modding again. also i use a computer running on windows 8 if that helps any. just wanting to be able to get back on gta 5 and some cod and have some good fun again. big thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

Step 1: Update Firmware.
- Downgrade to 3.55 DEX.
- Then install the desired 4.80 DEX Firmware.
Step 2: Update Homebrew on system.
- Apps like Mutiman and CCAPI and others will need updating to work on the updated firmware.
Step 3: Install any update pkg's for any games that require an update.
- For any games that required an update, update the EBOOT used for those games.
Step 4: Check for updates and compatibility of Various mods and RTM tools you use for games. Download and use the updated versions.
Step 5: Spoof to OFW and have fun.
10-18-2016, 06:21 PM #3
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
well i have a jb ps3 running on dex ps3ita previous of 4.50 i havent modded i quite sometime and was wondering if someone could help me out with a small step by step to get updated to get it back up and modding again. also i use a computer running on windows 8 if that helps any. just wanting to be able to get back on gta 5 and some cod and have some good fun again. big thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

No need to downgrade to 3.55. Just install any DREX CFW of your choice. Then start modding from there.
10-18-2016, 07:32 PM #4
okay is there anything that needs to be took of the ps3 before i update to DREX?
10-19-2016, 03:07 AM #5
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
okay is there anything that needs to be took of the ps3 before i update to DREX?

Any installed spoofers, if any. Uninstall them then delete them.
10-19-2016, 04:12 AM #6
cool thanks a ton guys with yalls help and some common scrolling ive got it up and online again. now just getting all the other fun stuff in line coming back to me like riding a bike
10-19-2016, 06:50 PM #7
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
cool thanks a ton guys with yalls help and some common scrolling ive got it up and online again. now just getting all the other fun stuff in line coming back to me like riding a bike

was the information useful that was given or do you still require assistance?
10-19-2016, 08:26 PM #8
it was useful. i am up and running. This subject can be closed or deleted thank you for the help

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo