Post: Need a tip for a new guy entered the jailbreaking world
01-04-2017, 09:04 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to play PS2 games in my ps3. What should I do? I have a reactpsn and ps2 placeholder. I won't Continue coz I am afraid that I have to downgrade my ps3 again.
01-04-2017, 09:31 AM #2
Originally posted by steamboat View Post
I want to play PS2 games in my ps3. What should I do? I have a reactpsn and ps2 placeholder. I won't Continue coz I am afraid that I have to downgrade my ps3 again.

Note: All files and folders are case sensitive so please pay attention when creating folders!

1. You can either make a game back through multiman from your PS2 disk or you can transfer a downloaded PS2 ISO to dev_hdd0/PS2ISO (you can do this via USB drive or FTP client i.e. Filezilla)
** MAKE SURE that ps2 game that you are dumping is properly patched and encrypted or else this tutorial or any tutorial will not help you! **​

2. Place ReactPSN.pkg to root directory of your USB
3. Now extract PS2 Classics Placeholder R3 and place the following three directly to the root of your USB:

• [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.pkg
  • exdata (folder)
  • klicensee (folder)

4. Now plug your USB to the Right port (USB port closest to your bluray drive).
5. Now install react PSN (do not run it from games menu yet)
6. Now install PS2 Classics Placeholder
7. Once installation is complete, now you need to create a new user account with name aa

8. Now Login to your new account “aa” and run ReactPSN. At this point you will notice that your screen will go black for few second and your ps3 will reboot and your “aa” user account is automatically renamed to “reActPSN v2.0 1rjf 0edatr” (it can be named different if you are using a version other than what I have supplied below).

9.Now login to your regular account, open multiman and scroll to “Retro” column. Any game that you have dumped in “PS2ISO” folder should be displayed there.

10.Select the game you want to play and press “X” only once. Now multiman will start processing your PS2 iso and will convert it into a PS2 Classic. Depending on ISO file size processing times may vary so be patient and let multiman process your ISO properly.

11. Once multiman is finished processing, you will notice that “[PS2 Classic]” will appear infront of your game’s name. Now load that file just like you would load your PS3 game and multiman will send you back to XMB.
12. Scroll to PS2 Classics Placeholder and launch your PS2 game!
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR CONSOLE. I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED THIS METHOD AND IT WORKED FOR ME.

person who wrote this tutorial.
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by TheMightyMoJo ; 01-04-2017 at 07:34 PM.
01-04-2017, 04:23 PM #3
Originally posted by TheMightyMoJo View Post
Note: All files and folders are case sensitive so please pay attention when creating folders!

1. You can either make a game back through multiman from your PS2 disk or you can transfer a downloaded PS2 ISO to dev_hdd0/PS2ISO (you can do this via USB drive or FTP client i.e. Filezilla)
** MAKE SURE that ps2 game that you are dumping is properly patched and encrypted or else this tutorial or any tutorial will not help you! **​

2. Place ReactPSN.pkg to root directory of your USB
3. Now extract PS2 Classics Placeholder R3 and place the following three directly to the root of your USB:

• [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.pkg
  • exdata (folder)
  • klicensee (folder)

4. Now plug your USB to the Right port (USB port closest to your bluray drive).
5. Now install react PSN (do not run it from games menu yet)
6. Now install PS2 Classics Placeholder
7. Once installation is complete, now you need to create a new user account with name aa

8. Now Login to your new account “aa” and run ReactPSN. At this point you will notice that your screen will go black for few second and your ps3 will reboot and your “aa” user account is automatically renamed to “reActPSN v2.0 1rjf 0edatr” (it can be named different if you are using a version other than what I have supplied below).

9.Now login to your regular account, open multiman and scroll to “Retro” column. Any game that you have dumped in “PS2ISO” folder should be displayed there.

10.Select the game you want to play and press “X” only once. Now multiman will start processing your PS2 iso and will convert it into a PS2 Classic. Depending on ISO file size processing times may vary so be patient and let multiman process your ISO properly.

11. Once multiman is finished processing, you will notice that “[PS2 Classic]” will appear infront of your game’s name. Now load that file just like you would load your PS3 game and multiman will send you back to XMB.
12. Scroll to PS2 Classics Placeholder and launch your PS2 game!
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR CONSOLE. I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED THIS METHOD AND IT WORKED FOR ME.

Jailbreak needed for this one? Or not?
01-04-2017, 04:50 PM #4
Jailbreak needed for this one? Or not?

Yeah you need a jailbreak but somegames you can play on the ps3 if you have the disc
01-04-2017, 07:07 PM #5
Yeah you need a jailbreak but somegames you can play on the ps3 if you have the disc

Okay. Here's the problem. I just downgraded my ps3 to 3.55 so is it possible to play ps2 games with your method?
01-04-2017, 07:11 PM #6
Okay. Here's the problem. I just downgraded my ps3 to 3.55 so is it possible to play ps2 games with your method?

Once your Ps3 is jailbroken? if it is then yes it will.

Last edited by TheMightyMoJo ; 01-04-2017 at 07:14 PM.

The following user thanked TheMightyMoJo for this useful post:

steamboat
01-04-2017, 07:21 PM #7
Once your Ps3 is jailbroken? if it is then yes it will.

Hey help me jailbreaking my ps3. Last time I tried to jailbreak it. I have to downgrade my ps3 because it's fake.
01-04-2017, 07:22 PM #8
Hey help me jailbreaking my ps3. Last time I tried to jailbreak it. I have to downgrade my ps3 because it's fake.

Just post the link and please no survey or password
01-04-2017, 07:22 PM #9

What CFW do you want to go to?
01-04-2017, 07:25 PM #10
Just post the link and please no survey or password

Give me the best of the best. As long as I can use MULTIMAN and play ps2 games

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo