01-16-2017, 11:01 AM #1
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello Fellow NGU Users!

Due to the recent Issues with IP Blocks or whatever I figured it'll be best to start using a VPN on my console.

Now, I have a few questions regarding this subject.
- Does using a VPN on PS3 completely eliminate the risk of getting your IP Banned or Blocked?
- Is it possible to get IP Banned when using a VPN?
- What VPN is best to use for this kind of situation?
- What are the common issues people are having when using a VPN.

Just to note! I am not IP Banned, however I was to take extra precautions to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Thanks, iZady
01-16-2017, 11:15 AM #2
Originally posted by iZady View Post
Hello Fellow NGU Users!

Due to the recent Issues with IP Blocks or whatever I figured it'll be best to start using a VPN on my console.

- Does using a VPN on PS3 completely eliminate the risk of getting your IP Banned or Blocked?

Just to note! I am not IP Banned, however I was to take extra precautions to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Thanks, iZady

Other's might have more insight on this than me but as for the first question no I do not believe using a vpn completely eliminate's the risk of "receiving" a ip ban or block

As for the the other question's "Is it possible to get IP Banned when using a VPN?" I imagine it is probably possible if even a option sony has.

"What VPN is best to use for this kind of situation?" That's really all up to the user's discretion to suite there need's best you can have a look here at my vpn resource thread: You must login or register to view this content.

"What are the common issues people are having when using a VPN" Not really to much I can say on issue's user's may face but off the top of my head probably just general set up of the vpn.

Dacoco has a nice thread you can refer to for setting up a vpn of your choice. You must login or register to view this content.

Seeing as your also a elite member you could give Octolus vpn a shot but bear in mind his is in beta but atm is free you can find it here: You must login or register to view this content.

If you choose to use Octolus vpn I am not sure if he had his set up with using console's in mind so it's worth a shot.

The following user thanked Maniacal Madman for this useful post:

iZady
01-16-2017, 11:51 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
Hello Fellow NGU Users!

Thanks, iZady

Using a VPN doesn't completely eliminate the risk i would think, but it would deffs lower it quite a bit.

and it is possible for the VPN IP to get banned, but if ur on a good VPN and you keep changing servers it should be alright.

the best VPN it probably all depends, you would want one with high speeds and low ping.

and people have connection issues actually connecting their VPN to their PS3, or having the PS3 connect to the internet thru their VPN

The following user thanked Kronos for this useful post:

iZady
01-16-2017, 12:46 PM #4
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Maniacal
Other's might have more insight on this than me but as for the first question no I do not believe using a vpn completely eliminate's the risk of "receiving" a ip ban or block

As for the the other question's "Is it possible to get IP Banned when using a VPN?" I imagine it is probably possible if even a option sony has.

"What VPN is best to use for this kind of situation?" That's really all up to the user's discretion to suite there need's best you can have a look here at my vpn resource thread: You must login or register to view this content.

"What are the common issues people are having when using a VPN" Not really to much I can say on issue's user's may face but off the top of my head probably just general set up of the vpn.

Dacoco has a nice thread you can refer to for setting up a vpn of your choice. You must login or register to view this content.

Seeing as your also a elite member you could give Octolus vpn a shot but bear in mind his is in beta but atm is free you can find it here: You must login or register to view this content.

If you choose to use Octolus vpn I am not sure if he had his set up with using console's in mind so it's worth a shot.

Thank You very much for that! I'll take them points into consideration!

iZady
01-16-2017, 12:48 PM #5
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
Using a VPN doesn't completely eliminate the risk i would think, but it would deffs lower it quite a bit.

and it is possible for the VPN IP to get banned, but if ur on a good VPN and you keep changing servers it should be alright.

the best VPN it probably all depends, you would want one with high speeds and low ping.

and people have connection issues actually connecting their VPN to their PS3, or having the PS3 connect to the internet thru their VPN

Appreciate the response Kronos!
I'll keep all the points in mind!!
01-16-2017, 12:54 PM #6
Kronos
Former Staff
Appreciate the response Kronos!
I'll keep all the points in mind!!

no problem, anything else needing help with?
01-16-2017, 01:31 PM #7
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
no problem, anything else needing help with?

Nope! Everything else is good Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo