Post: How do you use a debug EBOOT with a disc game that never got a patch?
01-17-2017, 11:40 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all,

I'm on Rebug 4.81.2 DEX (debug settings set the way everyone says they should be and cobra off) and want to get the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy running with a debug eboot in order to make use of the advanced debugger that comes with Target Manager.

I tried searching for this, but thanks to the popularity of modding in GTAV and COD games, that is what 98% of results are, which doesn't help me.

I already made the debug EBOOT (I got the original from the disc) via the normal method with converting to elf and then using make_fself, but I don't know where to place that thing. The game never got a patch, so there is no dev_hdd0/game/BCES01503/USRDIR folder to put it in.
There also is one .ppu.self file per game on the disc, do I also have to do something with those?

Thanks in advance
01-17-2017, 12:43 PM #2
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by kawasaki161 View Post
Hi all,

I'm on Rebug 4.81.2 DEX (debug settings set the way everyone says they should be and cobra off) and want to get the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy running with a debug eboot in order to make use of the advanced debugger that comes with Target Manager.

I tried searching for this, but thanks to the popularity of modding in GTAV and COD games, that is what 98% of results are, which doesn't help me.

I already made the debug EBOOT (I got the original from the disc) via the normal method with converting to elf and then using make_fself, but I don't know where to place that thing. The game never got a patch, so there is no dev_hdd0/game/BCES01503/USRDIR folder to put it in.
There also is one .ppu.self file per game on the disc, do I also have to do something with those?

Thanks in advance

If you're playing from a disc, backup your game to the HDD and replace the eboot directly in the GAMES folder (dev_hdd0\GAMES\<game_id>\USRDIR).
01-17-2017, 01:43 PM #3
Originally posted by Legended View Post
If you're playing from a disc, backup your game to the HDD and replace the eboot directly in the GAMES folder (dev_hdd0\GAMES\<game_id>\USRDIR).

Thank you very much. Works perfectly.
01-17-2017, 02:05 PM #4
Thank you very much. Works perfectly.

No further questions?
01-17-2017, 02:16 PM #5
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
No further questions?

Not at the moment.
But before I forget I'll just leave this here for anyone that might end up looking at this thread and is trying to get the Ratchet and Clank collection running with Target Manager: You'll need to turn the .ppu.self files into debug files (option 4 in True Ancestor and then make_fself) to get it running, the EBOOT does not suffice.
01-17-2017, 02:36 PM #6
Not at the moment.
But before I forget I'll just leave this here for anyone that might end up looking at this thread and is trying to get the Ratchet and Clank collection running with Target Manager: You'll need to turn the .ppu.self files into debug files (option 4 in True Ancestor and then make_fself) to get it running, the EBOOT does not suffice.

Not the first time someone's needed to debug a self file instead of eboot.
01-17-2017, 05:03 PM #7
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Not the first time someone's needed to debug a self file instead of eboot.

Of course it's not, but at least it's written somewhere now. This way someone without much experience can find it through google. In fact this thread already is #1 hit when searching for "ratchet and clank collection debug eboot"

I remembered how frustrating it was to find threads that ended in nothing or "nvm fixed it" with no explanation how. This one won't be one of them.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo