02-14-2017, 05:40 AM #1
Dean7
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, everyone. I'm interested in Jailbreaking one of my PS3's I have four. 1 orginal 60GB fat that I need to repair and 1 PS3 slim CECH 3001B that needs a power eject ribbon cable replacement to power on. Currently ordered two replacement ribbons from China. Should get early next month at the latest. 1 Slim CECH 2001B has a disk drive that doesn't take disc not sure how to correct issue. The lens is fine though. I know if it's jailbreakable I could just use an external HDD for backups of games that I already own. I also have a 2001A that is perfectly fine. I want to know if I buy a e3 flasher kit could I downgrade any of these systems to jailbreak? I asked many people, and they either say you can or you can't. I want to know the truth. The CECH 2001A and B are both on OFW 4.81 which is the latest. I would prefer to use one of these models for the jailbreak.

I plan to buy this, and yes I have a 64GB microSD class 10 card with adapter and tools to open consoles. You must login or register to view this content.

I plan to follow this guys tutorial to the T. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Dean7 ; 02-14-2017 at 05:44 AM.
02-14-2017, 06:47 AM #2
Originally posted by Dean7 View Post
Hi, everyone. I'm interested in Jailbreaking one of my PS3's I have four. 1 orginal 60GB fat that I need to repair and 1 PS3 slim CECH 3001B that needs a power eject ribbon cable replacement to power on. Currently ordered two replacement ribbons from China. Should get early next month at the latest. 1 Slim CECH 2001B has a disk drive that doesn't take disc not sure how to correct issue. The lens is fine though. I know if it's jailbreakable I could just use an external HDD for backups of games that I already own. I also have a 2001A that is perfectly fine. I want to know if I buy a e3 flasher kit could I downgrade any of these systems to jailbreak? I asked many people, and they either say you can or you can't. I want to know the truth. The CECH 2001A and B are both on OFW 4.81 which is the latest. I would prefer to use one of these models for the jailbreak.

I plan to buy this, and yes I have a 64GB microSD class 10 card with adapter and tools to open consoles. You must login or register to view this content.

I plan to follow this guys tutorial to the T. You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

Dean7
02-14-2017, 02:27 PM #3
Dean7
Little One
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Not sure what your post means. I see CECH 21xxB what's with the x's? Are you saying that I can't downgrade unless if I'm on OFW 3.40? That really sucks if that's what the 3.40 means. Unless it means you can downgrade to 3.40?
02-14-2017, 02:33 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Not sure what your post means. I see CECH 21xxB what's with the x's? Are you saying that I can't downgrade unless if I'm on OFW 3.40? That really sucks if that's what the 3.40 means. Unless it means you can downgrade to 3.40?

X means any firmware with the preset variables. 3.40, you need an E3 Flasher in order to downgrade it, so yes, you can. (CECH)
02-14-2017, 03:45 PM #5
Dean7
Little One
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
X means any firmware with the preset variables. 3.40, you need an E3 Flasher in order to downgrade it, so yes, you can. (CECH)

Thank you! I don't know why so many people were telling me it couldn't be done. Do you think $60.00 is a good price to have someone do it for me?
02-14-2017, 03:58 PM #6
Sparrow
Big Papi
Thank you! I don't know why so many people were telling me it couldn't be done. Do you think $60.00 is a good price to have someone do it for me?

$60 =Z You can do it yourself for so much cheaper...
02-14-2017, 04:17 PM #7
Dean7
Little One
Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
$60 =Z You can do it yourself for so much cheaper...

How if the kit cost $70 on ebay? I posted the link on my first post.
02-14-2017, 04:19 PM #8
Sparrow
Big Papi
How if the kit cost $70 on ebay? I posted the link on my first post.

Wow the price has skyrocketed for an e3 now... Got mine for like $30 last year, just sold it on after downgrading.

I personally wouldn't pay $60 for it tho.
Last edited by Sparrow ; 02-14-2017 at 04:22 PM.
02-14-2017, 04:26 PM #9
Dean7
Little One
Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
Wow the price has skyrocketed for an e3 now... Got mine for like $30 last year, just sold it on after downgrading.

I personally wouldn't pay $60 for it tho.

Nobody local wants to do it cheaper, someone wanted $75.00, and this one guy was asking $185.00
02-14-2017, 06:57 PM #10
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Nobody local wants to do it cheaper, someone wanted $75.00, and this one guy was asking $185.00

Just do whatever best fits your money length, but yeah no problem. Does this conclude your issue sir?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo