02-18-2017, 04:32 AM #1
iDon
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello all,

I want to be able to put retro games on one of my PS3'S. Now on what latest CFW I have to be on for that to happen? can I be on the latest CFW or is there a certain firmware I need to be on? Also where would I get a good list of retro games, or a how to guide on installing them. Any help would be appreciated.
02-18-2017, 12:04 PM #2
Right
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by iDon View Post
Hello all,

I want to be able to put retro games on one of my PS3'S. Now on what latest CFW I have to be on for that to happen? can I be on the latest CFW or is there a certain firmware I need to be on? Also where would I get a good list of retro games, or a how to guide on installing them. Any help would be appreciated.

if you have webman, its pretty simple. get the iso's of the game you want and run them Smile. unless its like n64 then you will need to find a emulator or use for that particular system

The following user thanked Right for this useful post:

iDon
02-18-2017, 03:54 PM #3
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Right View Post
if you have webman, its pretty simple. get the iso's of the game you want and run them Smile. unless its like n64 then you will need to find a emulator or use for that particular system

Yea all I want is emulators but a good one. So o need to be on a certain firmware ?
02-18-2017, 04:44 PM #4
Right
Can’t trickshot me!
Yea all I want is emulators but a good one. So o need to be on a certain firmware ?

I dont think so. Im on rebug 4.80.1 and it works fine. what where you planning on running cus certain emulators for certain roms/isos
02-18-2017, 04:57 PM #5
iDon
I’m too L33T
Like NES games. I heard something like snex9. Would be good. Know of a tutorial ?
02-18-2017, 06:09 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
Like NES games. I heard something like snex9. Would be good. Know of a tutorial ?

It's pretty easy to do. Im sitting on rebug 4.75.3 and play oldschool games all the time.

1. Connect your ps3 to filezilla, create a folder(directory) named "ROMS" inside dev_hdd0/
2. Inside the "ROMS" folder, you can place other folders for your systems (for example ("SNES" folder, "NES" folder, "SEGA" folder,"GameBoy" folder)
3. Inside your system folders, you can place the roms(games) for each system in their designated folder. (for example (nes roms in "NES" folder, snes games in "SNES" folder, etc)

I don't have the links to the emulators that I'm using atm, but some of the links you find may not be compatible with your firmware, in which case you probably just need a different version of the emulator..
You can look here for some You must login or register to view this content..

You just simply install the package and the emulator should show up on your XMB games column.

Run the emulator, and navigate to the games

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

Right
02-19-2017, 12:46 PM #7
Kronos
Former Staff
Seems to be Answered, if you have any more questions feel free to make a new thread

Thread Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo