06-27-2017, 02:03 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I recently picked up a fat backwards compatibility 4 port*usb ps3 with card readers. it had never been opened or used!!! that being said, it*was already on version 2.20. needless to say, I upgraded to some nice rebug cfw. Now I am at a cross road with some of the research ive been doing on my model ps3 (ceche01). A lot of thread and videos I watch say I should just crack it open now and put new thermal paste on it before it over heats But I did already adjust the fan speeds and standard cell temps.*So*in theory it should never over heat. I don't want to chance it tho and hear how shitty sonys thermal paste is. So, should I crack this brand new never used fat ps3 open and re-paste it or should I leave it as is???
06-27-2017, 04:17 PM #2
Disable control fan utilities then check temps in some heavy games. If fan is quiet enough for you i think you shouldn't open the console. For what?
I bought my CECHC with cell overheat problem and of course i opened with ihs removal. But if you don't have problems... Sleepy Head

The following 2 users say thank you to ShakotanGX71 for this useful post:

BurtE, nlaflex45

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo