07-15-2017, 04:07 PM #1
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello,*

From the beginning, I am using a JB ps3 i bought a few days ago. It was working just fine for those few days. Later, i got a red screen with a bunch of different languages on boot up after i inserted a reliably safe 2tb hdd through USB. In english, this message reads "a serious error has occurred." I have tried every recovery option, even total factory reset, in the recovery menu to no avail.*

Next, i tried to update the CFW. The ps3 asks for 2.45 or above with my original HDD. I tried installing rebug 3.55.4 REX, it said "no applicable data found." then i tried a newer*REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX update, and it gave me a code that read "a serious error has occurred, please contact technical support" with the error code from the title. I tried many different versions of REBUG to get either of those messages every time.*

I would appreciate some help or suggestions. Thank you for your time.*
07-24-2017, 02:32 PM #2
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
bump. i need answers plz!!!!!!
07-24-2017, 03:02 PM #3
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by ProPieEater View Post
Hello,*

From the beginning, I am using a JB ps3 i bought a few days ago. It was working just fine for those few days. Later, i got a red screen with a bunch of different languages on boot up after i inserted a reliably safe 2tb hdd through USB. In english, this message reads "a serious error has occurred." I have tried every recovery option, even total factory reset, in the recovery menu to no avail.*

Next, i tried to update the CFW. The ps3 asks for 2.45 or above with my original HDD. I tried installing rebug 3.55.4 REX, it said "no applicable data found." then i tried a newer*REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX update, and it gave me a code that read "a serious error has occurred, please contact technical support" with the error code from the title. I tried many different versions of REBUG to get either of those messages every time.*

I would appreciate some help or suggestions. Thank you for your time.*

1. Downgrade to 3.55 DEX.you will have the RSOD still. No XMB or anything.
2. Upgrade to 4.65 D-REX Rebug. This has an RSOD Bypass built in.
3. Run RSOD Fix pkg.
4. Update to whatever cfw you want (I usually install latest rebug)

The following 2 users say thank you to BurtE for this useful post:

Dro, Smokey90
07-24-2017, 04:54 PM #4
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
1. Downgrade to 3.55 DEX.you will have the RSOD still. No XMB or anything.
2. Upgrade to 4.65 D-REX Rebug. This has an RSOD Bypass built in.
3. Run RSOD Fix pkg.
4. Update to whatever cfw you want (I usually install latest rebug)

Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as i get home..
07-24-2017, 04:54 PM #5
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as i get home..

np lmk how it goes Smile
07-26-2017, 03:59 AM #6
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
np lmk how it goes Smile

IT WORKED!

So, to be fair, i really couldnt find any 3.55.4 DEX on the rebug website. I tried 3.55.4 RE, but it said "no applicable data was found" when i tried to install it

I just tried my luck with the 4.65.2 D-REX (since it was asking for 2.55 or above) and it installed! now the RSOD is gone!

Im not sure if you meant the downgrader (9.99) at first, but i had toggled flags on this ps3 so i didnt get why i should use that.

In the process of fixing this, i had formatted the hdd in hopes that it would be an HDD issue, but it didnt work. Do i need to use the downgrader to toggle QA flags again now that i formatted?

thanks a bunch!
07-26-2017, 04:04 AM #7
ProPieEater
Bounty hunter
np lmk how it goes Smile

Also i don't quite understand what i did wrong to receive such an error. All i did was use the ps3 for oldschool games on PS2 and PS1 emulators that come with rebug or multiman or something.
07-26-2017, 11:46 PM #8
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
IT WORKED!

So, to be fair, i really couldnt find any 3.55.4 DEX on the rebug website. I tried 3.55.4 RE, but it said "no applicable data was found" when i tried to install it

I just tried my luck with the 4.65.2 D-REX (since it was asking for 2.55 or above) and it installed! now the RSOD is gone!

Im not sure if you meant the downgrader (9.99) at first, but i had toggled flags on this ps3 so i didnt get why i should use that.

In the process of fixing this, i had formatted the hdd in hopes that it would be an HDD issue, but it didnt work. Do i need to use the downgrader to toggle QA flags again now that i formatted?

thanks a bunch!

No problem, good to hear you fixed it Smile You shouldnt need to toggle flag again

As for rsod. Its usually caused by a corrupt area of the flash called VTRM, Samsung nors are prone to it (Cech L - Cech 20xx)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo