03-16-2010, 04:45 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys! I am kinda curious why nobody does any lights or etches on the PS3...They have a lot of room, even though stuff is packed in. I just got finished with my 40GB system, at least the lights. White on top, color changing (red-green-blue) on intake/exhaust.
[ATTACH]958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]962[/ATTACH]

I have more plans for it - the top of the power supply is off because I am forming plexiglass to the curve of it and etching the Final Fantasy logo (since America didn't get anything cool for the release of 13...) and am gonna try to cut out the badge (Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.) on the bottom to make it glow too. So far I think I have 45 LEDs in it, but the power drain isn't bad. Doesn't lag up the system or take anything away from it. They are wired to the 12V in the power supply, so they are pulling from the actual supply instead of the motherboard. Any comments are appreciated!

The following 4 users say thank you to millerlite546 for this useful post:

Cpt.S, KOOLAID106, ps3user123, S e t h
03-16-2010, 04:46 AM #2
S e t h
STONED [ON] OFF
i actually kinda like it dude! Thumbs UP!!
03-16-2010, 04:49 AM #3
i appreciate it...just like i said though, it's not quite done. I am debating whether or not to paint it and if I do, what areas to keep open to still look good. I will definately repost when the etch is done. I can't wait to finish it, but I am slammed with 360 repairs right now...
03-16-2010, 05:13 AM #4
TriipDaKiiNG
taylordtriplett
how did you do this? i have a slim id love to mod. as well as a 360 and wii
03-16-2010, 05:24 AM #5
It's kind of a pain in the butt...everything had to be removed from the case and I couldn't play it while I was working on it...I normally do 360s but I just got this thing and wanted to see what I could do to it. The 360 u can pop the case off and the only time I have to take the board out is when I'm soldering the main power lines. The ps3 u have to take it all apart and leave it like that til you're done...and I just bought final fantasy 13, so I couldn't have it left for a few days.
The 360s are fairly easy, the wiis not so much...the ps3 again is a pain, but there's so much room in the fat models. I haven't gotten into a slim, but I've heard it's real tight in the case. I would love to do one, but I don't have the ability to foot the bill for one right now...
I have a writing of it on ledlightingandmods.com using the same screename...there's a guy that has done a slim on there
03-17-2010, 05:19 AM #6
that thing looks sick, and the things you say you want to do to it would look great too...I just wish it wasn't such a pain and so much work so I could do this.
03-17-2010, 07:01 PM #7
B-Killa
Save Point
Thats DOPE!!! i cut mine up, added plexi windows n need to add led strip. which color are the two wires im looking for in the power supply(+,-). please help!! and GRATS! it looks freaking awesome! alot better than the rest i've seen.
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM #8
i really wanna do this to mine but i'm not sure how to do it.
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM #9
I have a write up of it on another site ledlightingandmods.com. The power supply stuff is on there too if u wanna take a lok at it for reference
03-19-2010, 06:55 PM #10
Cpt.S
Banned
Originally posted by millerlite546 View Post
Hey guys! I am kinda curious why nobody does any lights or etches on the PS3...They have a lot of room, even though stuff is packed in. I just got finished with my 40GB system, at least the lights. White on top, color changing (red-green-blue) on intake/exhaust.
[ATTACH]958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]962[/ATTACH]

I have more plans for it - the top of the power supply is off because I am forming plexiglass to the curve of it and etching the Final Fantasy logo (since America didn't get anything cool for the release of 13...) and am gonna try to cut out the badge (Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.) on the bottom to make it glow too. So far I think I have 45 LEDs in it, but the power drain isn't bad. Doesn't lag up the system or take anything away from it. They are wired to the 12V in the power supply, so they are pulling from the actual supply instead of the motherboard. Any comments are appreciated!

Really !
Belive me, This is awesome.

The thing i don't get is, Many of people do this.
But i NEVER see a good tut, they are usually like 10 years old and the PS3 looks really poor tbh.

But your's is awesome, I would post a good tut, even if its in more than one section.
(correct me if I'm wrong) I've never seen a really good tut on how to install them, I have a rough idea though.

With mine i was going to do like i did with a remote control car.
I added light's all over it and added a on/off switch connected to a battery.

I much rather having it connected to a battery so nothing can go wrong with the system.

So ye please post a tut or even just a video showing where abouts you put the LED's and how you installed there (like how you made them stay in place)

Really nice work !!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo