03-30-2010, 07:48 PM #1
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And i quote from his playstation 3 Blog:
Originally posted by another user
A note to people interested in the exploit and retaining OtherOS support, DO NOT UPDATE. When 3.21 comes out, I will look into a safe way of updating to retain OtherOS support, perhaps something like Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. I never intended to touch CFW, but if that's how you want to play...

Two things, some people seem to think CFW will enable some sort of piracy. It won't. It'll just be a custom version of 3.21 that doesn't lose OtherOS support. Hacking isn't about getting what you didn't pay for, it's about making sure you do get what you did.

And this is about more than this feature right now. It's about whether these companies have the right to take away advertised features from a product you purchased. Imagine if an exploit were found in Safari on the iPhone, but instead of fixing it, Apple decides to pull web browsing altogether. Legally, they may be within their right to do so, but we have to show them it's the wrong move for the future of the product and the company.

soo, looks like sony have shot themselfs in the foot, they have virtually speeded up the hacking of the playstaion 3.
04-04-2010, 12:32 AM #20
is thr an Eta on Geohot's release?...i miss playing Cod :/
04-04-2010, 04:25 PM #21
Originally posted by killcam1 View Post
is thr an Eta on Geohot's release?...i miss playing Cod :/

[nomedia="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIlpz-Ftkw"]YouTube- Bypass Sony PS3 Firmware 3.21[/nomedia]

This is an extremely easy fix that allows you to bypass updating your firmware, but still allows you to use the PSN. In the meantime, you'll keep Linux and play COD online while Geohot comes up with CFW.
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM #22
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Any word from him yet? I've bypassed, and I'm still waiting for him to come up with something.
04-05-2010, 04:02 AM #23
cool, but playing online is just so tempting...
04-05-2010, 04:09 AM #24
AgentPig007
Little One
hey i dont kno much about geohot but why cant he get sued
04-05-2010, 06:54 AM #25
Dank
Not Former Staff
Seems interesting^^ Personaly if i were sony.. i would've removed it too. If CFW that lets u play free ps3 games Sony would lose lots of $$ wouldn't u do that if that happend? nyways ... it still sucks they removed it and how teh ps3 slim doesn't have it T_T<--------slim owner
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM #26
-Kash-
Bounty hunter
[quote='[Sc0user_94];944393']thats exactly what i thought.... where going to wait 4 a cfw to be released and sacrificing online play ! if we update theres bound to be a way to downgrade to older firmware[/quote]

People, He barely started to make a CFW. This takes a big long period of time. If there is an actually a way. Meaning. That sony will find a stop to it. OK Its pretty pointless anyways. Because sony would start to use that banhammer like theres no tomorrow sensor in new firmware on the serverside meaning they block and possibly ban anyone that has this firmware we are not dealing with a psp were dealing with the undestructible PS3.
04-07-2010, 08:23 AM #27
Originally posted by jaw458 View Post
And i quote from his playstation 3 Blog:

soo, looks like sony have shot themselfs in the foot, they have virtually speeded up the hacking of the playstaion 3.

Tom how do u do the 8 prestige hack it tom
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM #28
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by evertontd View Post
Tom how do u do the 8 prestige hack it tom

What, that doesn''t make sense and for the prestige hack go to modern warfare 2 exploits and hacks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo