03-30-2010, 07:48 PM #1
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And i quote from his playstation 3 Blog:
Originally posted by another user
A note to people interested in the exploit and retaining OtherOS support, DO NOT UPDATE. When 3.21 comes out, I will look into a safe way of updating to retain OtherOS support, perhaps something like Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. I never intended to touch CFW, but if that's how you want to play...

Two things, some people seem to think CFW will enable some sort of piracy. It won't. It'll just be a custom version of 3.21 that doesn't lose OtherOS support. Hacking isn't about getting what you didn't pay for, it's about making sure you do get what you did.

And this is about more than this feature right now. It's about whether these companies have the right to take away advertised features from a product you purchased. Imagine if an exploit were found in Safari on the iPhone, but instead of fixing it, Apple decides to pull web browsing altogether. Legally, they may be within their right to do so, but we have to show them it's the wrong move for the future of the product and the company.

soo, looks like sony have shot themselfs in the foot, they have virtually speeded up the hacking of the playstaion 3.
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM #65
DSx
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Kash
I know thats why i stated it was just a rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true..

Yeah because he was VERY active in the psp homebrew scene then all of the sudden he just stopped out of no where and didn't post a reason or anything.
05-05-2010, 11:53 AM #66
Originally posted by diskreet View Post
relax dude. the original fw just came out. LoL.

His world will come crashing down...lolWinky Winky
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM #67
-Skyline
Anonymous
He says he doesn't have time... but as soon as the iPad (and iPod 4G I'm going to assume) got released he was BANG on it... funny that.
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM #68
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
DA/X will never get back into the game, trust! and Gen is leaving the PSP Hacking side of things so the psp scene is dead after they leave. Theres been no update from Geohot for a few weeks and i'm starting to doubt him. But ill keep waiting till i get a confirmation saying to update to cfw or ofw.
05-11-2010, 02:25 AM #69
blah604
Do a barrel roll!
still no update? i haven't touched my PS3 since i plat GOW3... safe to update? :P
05-11-2010, 10:29 PM #70
Riggzo
Do a barrel roll!
Seems like it. No ones got word of anything. Check mate PS3.
05-12-2010, 12:41 AM #71
z3j22p
Banned
I hope this works
05-16-2010, 03:23 PM #72
x-FuRY-x
< ^ > < ^ >
Yay, eisier hacking now :P
05-17-2010, 04:44 AM #73
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
I supose its time to update the ps3...