03-30-2010, 07:48 PM #1
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And i quote from his playstation 3 Blog:
Originally posted by another user
A note to people interested in the exploit and retaining OtherOS support, DO NOT UPDATE. When 3.21 comes out, I will look into a safe way of updating to retain OtherOS support, perhaps something like Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. I never intended to touch CFW, but if that's how you want to play...

Two things, some people seem to think CFW will enable some sort of piracy. It won't. It'll just be a custom version of 3.21 that doesn't lose OtherOS support. Hacking isn't about getting what you didn't pay for, it's about making sure you do get what you did.

And this is about more than this feature right now. It's about whether these companies have the right to take away advertised features from a product you purchased. Imagine if an exploit were found in Safari on the iPhone, but instead of fixing it, Apple decides to pull web browsing altogether. Legally, they may be within their right to do so, but we have to show them it's the wrong move for the future of the product and the company.

soo, looks like sony have shot themselfs in the foot, they have virtually speeded up the hacking of the playstaion 3.
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM #74
Riggzo
Do a barrel roll!
Yea dude i dont see it happening anytime soon. By the time they get it, i bet they'll have a few other updates out anyways. Hopefully they bring other OS back at least.
05-17-2010, 09:26 PM #75
dtown
Gobble
my thing is if we can install a os why the hell cant the be cfw hat allows you to access the internet and log in to psn and play games online there should be someone out there beside this kid just they are not coming forward
05-17-2010, 09:27 PM #76
o iReLoaDzZz
Bounty hunter
xbox is better "]]
05-19-2010, 12:42 PM #77
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
maybe you gotta save the size of the pup file edit what ever then reload the save size on top of that so the ps3 thinks its exactly the same. btw i finally updated.
05-19-2010, 08:23 PM #78
I've been without ps3 online ever since word of this cfw came out (I think it's been over a month) and I'm determined to wait it out because I've already waited this long. And i also want emulation of older game systems such as NES. And it is not as bad as copying ps3 games because it is LEGAL to emulate them if you own the original cartridge (which i own over 30 old NES games :P)

I just hope he gets this firmware out soon, i want to play cod with my friends soon...
05-20-2010, 11:24 PM #79
After I was screwed after the 3.21 update I havnt updated it to the one after that. Which ever one that was. I think I read 3.30 was suppose to disable everything on your Ps3. Or at least that is what I read. So I am still scared to death to update. And right now games work and trophies still work ect. So I have no real reason to update unless I know I will be getting Other OS back. If not then I will never update again. Besides since I got no job I can't buy anything on the PSN anyway so wtf is the point in updating if all it does is allow sign in? XP
05-21-2010, 12:05 AM #80
~pocketemo~
Ex-Console Gamer
Originally posted by .Spike. View Post
After I was screwed after the 3.21 update I havnt updated it to the one after that. Which ever one that was. I think I read 3.30 was suppose to disable everything on your Ps3. Or at least that is what I read. So I am still scared to death to update. And right now games work and trophies still work ect. So I have no real reason to update unless I know I will be getting Other OS back. If not then I will never update again. Besides since I got no job I can't buy anything on the PSN anyway so wtf is the point in updating if all it does is allow sign in? XP

If you can't sign in to psn you can not play games online & without online play games like cod & bfbc2 become worthless. (I rent games for campaign, I buy games for online)

If I cared about the other os & didn't up date the only game I still play is gta
the rest of my game library would be useless without online.

So considering the majority of people play online not updating takes away more then the ability to sign in it stops you from playing that $75 copy of bfbc2 or mw2 you just got.

For games like mag with no campaign what so ever you might as welll trash it if you don't update.

so sure if your happy playing offline you don't need 2 update.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo