03-30-2010, 07:48 PM #1
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); And i quote from his playstation 3 Blog:
Originally posted by another user
A note to people interested in the exploit and retaining OtherOS support, DO NOT UPDATE. When 3.21 comes out, I will look into a safe way of updating to retain OtherOS support, perhaps something like Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. I never intended to touch CFW, but if that's how you want to play...

Two things, some people seem to think CFW will enable some sort of piracy. It won't. It'll just be a custom version of 3.21 that doesn't lose OtherOS support. Hacking isn't about getting what you didn't pay for, it's about making sure you do get what you did.

And this is about more than this feature right now. It's about whether these companies have the right to take away advertised features from a product you purchased. Imagine if an exploit were found in Safari on the iPhone, but instead of fixing it, Apple decides to pull web browsing altogether. Legally, they may be within their right to do so, but we have to show them it's the wrong move for the future of the product and the company.

soo, looks like sony have shot themselfs in the foot, they have virtually speeded up the hacking of the playstaion 3.
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM #2
Martin710
Fallout: New Vegas
i love how he cannot be sued by the big companies for his exploits as it is not him that enables game images to be faked Happy
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM #3
-Kash-
Bounty hunter
lol. I agree. I don't want free ps3 games but to play older games like SNES and stuff i hope someone finds a way for that.
03-30-2010, 08:28 PM #4
so what, dont update the ps3? does that mean's we cant go online and stuff?
03-30-2010, 08:35 PM #5
|Josh|
Do a barrel roll!
did you read the post, he said he will make a CFW to bypass it
04-01-2010, 12:45 AM #6
DeAd_bLiTz
You talkin to me?
is the cfw out yet?
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM #7
diskreet
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by bLiTz View Post
is the cfw out yet?

relax dude. the original fw just came out. LoL.
04-01-2010, 10:36 AM #8
admiralvic
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by kash2327 View Post
lol. I agree. I don't want free ps3 games but to play older games like SNES and stuff i hope someone finds a way for that.

i love how people feel its wrong to steal something like ps3 games but ok to steal older onees... btw with other OS you could have already have done this -,_-,
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM #9
-Kash-
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by admiralvic View Post
i love how people feel its wrong to steal something like ps3 games but ok to steal older onees... btw with other OS you could have already have done this -,_-,

No, i dont care if you steal or not. I know i wouldnt want ps3 games on my hardrive taking up all the space. I dont have a blueray burner so i wouldnt even bother with trying to get a backup from a ps3 game. Too much hassle. Older games much easier too download and less hassle. However I'm going to update my ps3 right now. I cant wait on a CFW seems too me hes just trying to make it. Meaning this can takes week, months, never.
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM #10
dweab
Haxor!
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo