05-26-2010, 05:28 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Google Media Server On Ps3 *youtube on XMB*

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGAgtgHDpE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Google Media Server For PS3[/ame]

Here is Google's Desktop Sidebar with the Google Media Server Gadget. The gadget requires Google Desktop 5 or above. It allows media to be streamed to UPnP enabled devices, like the PlayStation 3.

Link or Google Server Gadget= You must login or register to view this content.

The setup was quite easy:

1. Download and install Google Desktop.
2. Download and install Google Media Server Gadget. 3. Internet Explorer asked to change the Security Settings to Intranet. We're not 100% sure of the risks in changing this. Read more here.
4. Turn on the PlayStation 3 and Login. You will see the default:Google:MediaServer icon on the XMB.
5. Go back to the PC and go to the Google Media Server Admin page and click on Devices. You should see your PS3's IP Address. Click on the box to allow access, Save.
6. Also select which folders you want shared.
7. You can now access Photos (Desktop, Picasa, and Picasaweb), Music, and Videos (Desktop and Youtube) on your PlayStation 3 with the help of Google Desktop Media Server Gadget.

Hope this helps and please thank and rep* =]

The following 3 users say thank you to NGU Agent Zer0 for this useful post:

aric, iiFaMoUzZ-, iLeet
06-02-2010, 12:19 AM #2
fat-e
I am error
Yup this works took me like two seconds to setup as well nice find man
06-02-2010, 03:26 PM #3
Originally posted by e View Post
Yup this works took me like two seconds to setup as well nice find man

thanks and +rep if i helped =]
06-02-2010, 03:48 PM #4
Very good, I'll try this right now Smile
Thanks, rep if I can.
06-03-2010, 07:06 AM #5
TehDogman
Little One
isn't this the same as if you have windows 7 so you can view you folders and stuff?
06-06-2010, 12:18 PM #6
Romen_Xelkorta
Are you high?
Originally posted by NGU
Google Media Server On Ps3 *youtube on XMB*

You must login or register to view this content.

Here is Google's Desktop Sidebar with the Google Media Server Gadget. The gadget requires Google Desktop 5 or above. It allows media to be streamed to UPnP enabled devices, like the PlayStation 3.

Link or Google Server Gadget= You must login or register to view this content.

The setup was quite easy:

1. Download and install Google Desktop.
2. Download and install Google Media Server Gadget. 3. Internet Explorer asked to change the Security Settings to Intranet. We're not 100% sure of the risks in changing this. Read more here.
4. Turn on the PlayStation 3 and Login. You will see the default:Google:MediaServer icon on the XMB.
5. Go back to the PC and go to the Google Media Server Admin page and click on Devices. You should see your PS3's IP Address. Click on the box to allow access, Save.
6. Also select which folders you want shared.
7. You can now access Photos (Desktop, Picasa, and Picasaweb), Music, and Videos (Desktop and Youtube) on your PlayStation 3 with the help of Google Desktop Media Server Gadget.

Hope this helps and please thank and rep* =]

you know there already is a program out called PS3 Media Server, but now its time to do a vs for this and the ps3 server, see which ones faster. do you mind?
06-07-2010, 12:45 AM #7
Originally posted by Xelkorta View Post
you know there already is a program out called PS3 Media Server, but now its time to do a vs for this and the ps3 server, see which ones faster. do you mind?

this is to put youtube on your XMB mate and i know there's a media server already :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by Clishem View Post
Very good, I'll try this right now Smile
Thanks, rep if I can.

thank you mate im glad i can help =] hit the thank Button down there if i helped lol =D
06-07-2010, 01:01 AM #8
Max21
Maggbot timeout!
Does my computer have to be on to have the youtube on my xmb?
06-07-2010, 02:41 AM #9
thanks just wat i need
06-07-2010, 02:55 AM #10
aric
New Kid
thanks man

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo