Post: An easier way to update lower FW to FW: 3.15 (BFBC2)
07-10-2010, 03:57 AM #1
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, so I was trying to find an easier way of updating my fatty PS3 at a FW: of 2.52 to 3.15 rather than using the PS3 Proxy Method, as I researched around an such, I didn't really find much, so I went back to my PS3 and messed around with it a bit, then I remembered before a while back I had MW2 inserted into my PS3, when I clicked "Update via Storage Media" it was going to have me update to 3.01, so I decided "Why not try other games?" as I went through game-to-game, I finally found the right one, BFBC2(Battlefield Bad Company: 2) so I updated using that, and There We Go! I was updated to 3.15! So here is a simple Tutorial for those of you who are not too sure of what to do.

This Method Was Found By Me! (I Hope Hahaha)

Credit Goes To ME and ME Only!

.::REQUIREMENTS::.

PS3 System with a lower System FirmWare than 3.15
BFBC2(Battle Field Bad Company: 2) You could just borrow it from a friend or rent it.

.::TUTORIAL::.

Step 1: Insert BFBC2 into your PS3 System.

Step 2: Scroll over to "Settings" on the PS3 Start up Menu, and select "System Update"

Step 3: Select "Update via Storage Media" and you should get a screen asking to install the update Version: 3.15 from "Location: Disc", click "Yes" and let it download and install.

So there you go! wasn't that easier than using a proxy? although, if you do not own BFBC2, it's probably easier to use the proxy or USB method, Also you will NOT beable to sign in online, You would have to use a Proxy to do that, such as the "PS3 Proxy Server GUI" which you could download You must login or register to view this content. (Thanks to CF3B5 for creating the program!)

Also, for others who have a lower FW: than 3.01 and for some reason want FW Version: 3.01, follow the same instructions, but instead of using "Battlefield Bad Company: 2" use "Call of Duty Modern Warfare: 2"

+rep would be much appreciated for the work I put into this thread, but I'm not going to beg like most people. =D
Last edited by Stugger ; 07-10-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: *Added* Update FW: 3.01 with MW2
07-13-2010, 03:59 AM #11
PAbrol
Gym leader
can you do it with a different game?

You must login or register to view this content.
ReP+ if i have helped or wanna kno how to make a call sign like mine
07-13-2010, 06:54 AM #12
Neh
Haxor!
Nice one lol

The following user thanked Neh for this useful post:

Stugger
07-14-2010, 05:14 AM #13
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
Originally posted by PAbrol View Post
can you do it with a different game?

Yeah, this works with all games, but different games give you different FW Versions, I just happend to find one that updates you to 3.15, you could test out any other games you have and see which one might set you at the version your looking for.
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM #14
PAbrol
Gym leader
Originally posted by Stugger View Post
Yeah, this works with all games, but different games give you different FW Versions, I just happend to find one that updates you to 3.15, you could test out any other games you have and see which one might set you at the version your looking for.

doesnt work i inserted mw2 into my ps3 and tried it but it just says that theres nothing there .. please help
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM #15
Samos95
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by PAbrol View Post
doesnt work i inserted mw2 into my ps3 and tried it but it just says that theres nothing there .. please help

thats probably because mw2 has a lower firmware on it than what your ps3 has, so it wont find any 'new' update data

The following user thanked Samos95 for this useful post:

Stugger

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo