Post: An easier way to update lower FW to FW: 3.15 (BFBC2)
07-10-2010, 03:57 AM #1
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, so I was trying to find an easier way of updating my fatty PS3 at a FW: of 2.52 to 3.15 rather than using the PS3 Proxy Method, as I researched around an such, I didn't really find much, so I went back to my PS3 and messed around with it a bit, then I remembered before a while back I had MW2 inserted into my PS3, when I clicked "Update via Storage Media" it was going to have me update to 3.01, so I decided "Why not try other games?" as I went through game-to-game, I finally found the right one, BFBC2(Battlefield Bad Company: 2) so I updated using that, and There We Go! I was updated to 3.15! So here is a simple Tutorial for those of you who are not too sure of what to do.

This Method Was Found By Me! (I Hope Hahaha)

Credit Goes To ME and ME Only!

.::REQUIREMENTS::.

PS3 System with a lower System FirmWare than 3.15
BFBC2(Battle Field Bad Company: 2) You could just borrow it from a friend or rent it.

.::TUTORIAL::.

Step 1: Insert BFBC2 into your PS3 System.

Step 2: Scroll over to "Settings" on the PS3 Start up Menu, and select "System Update"

Step 3: Select "Update via Storage Media" and you should get a screen asking to install the update Version: 3.15 from "Location: Disc", click "Yes" and let it download and install.

So there you go! wasn't that easier than using a proxy? although, if you do not own BFBC2, it's probably easier to use the proxy or USB method, Also you will NOT beable to sign in online, You would have to use a Proxy to do that, such as the "PS3 Proxy Server GUI" which you could download You must login or register to view this content. (Thanks to CF3B5 for creating the program!)

Also, for others who have a lower FW: than 3.01 and for some reason want FW Version: 3.01, follow the same instructions, but instead of using "Battlefield Bad Company: 2" use "Call of Duty Modern Warfare: 2"

+rep would be much appreciated for the work I put into this thread, but I'm not going to beg like most people. =D
Last edited by Stugger ; 07-10-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: *Added* Update FW: 3.01 with MW2
07-10-2010, 03:58 AM #2
You posted this in xbox, I said post it in playstation 3 exploits and hacks haha
07-10-2010, 04:00 AM #3
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
Oh shit, oops I should look before I click.. Lol, Can someone move it please? Thank You! Smile

The following user thanked Stugger for this useful post:

Omniplasma
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM #4
dm430
I defeated!
ya but wont it say u dont need to update you already have fw version
07-10-2010, 08:31 PM #5
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
Originally posted by dm430 View Post
ya but wont it say u dont need to update you already have fw version

I'm not sure I understand you? if you have a lower FW than 3.15 then this method will work, and if you already have FW: 3.15 then it will say you don't need to update.
07-10-2010, 08:33 PM #6
King Jamiɘ
Super Premium
Lol apart from the fact I told you to update using other storage media last night in the shoutbox
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM #7
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
Originally posted by King
Lol apart from the fact I told you to update using other storage media last night in the shoutbox

Yeah, by that you meant loading the 3.15 onto a thumbdrive and install it that way, didn't 'cha? :embarrassed:
07-10-2010, 09:01 PM #8
iZach
Space Ninja
mod remove this?
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM #9
Stugger
What is a Stugger?
Originally posted by ToXiNz View Post
mod remove this?

Now, why would a Moderator remove this?
07-13-2010, 03:25 AM #10
iRapeNoobz