07-13-2010, 03:33 PM #1
ghowden
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't know the sites attitude to linking so I'll c/p:

His name commands respect and admiration in the iPhone jailbreaking scene, then his fame grew even further after successfully hacking into the PS3. I can go on and on about the creds of this prolific developer, but now, Geohot bids goodbye to the hacking, the jailbreaking, and the community that eventually grew irksome to him.

You must login or register to view this content.

Since jailbreaking the iPhone 4, Geohot became more and more verbal about people's demand for his work. "Again, please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less."

The post was followed up with another one on his blog, expressing more of his dissatisfaction with some members of the community.

Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won’t say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning.

The real reason behind no release isn’t technical. It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.

So now, George Hotz says his farewell from the scene. Word's scarce on the "more formal goodbye" that he spoke of, but a goodbye is still a goodbye. Though there are many capable others who could keep the community alive, Geohot is still a big loss to the cause.

The following 2 users say thank you to ghowden for this useful post:

IW_JOSH, rokkafella-3
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM #2
willchop
just call me WILL
already forgotten :(
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM #3
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
ha and where is ps3 custom firmware? ha
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM #4
Arvindian
Error… Cat invasion!
This is a shock to the Hacking Scene. First Dark Alex From the PSP Hacking Scene leaves now GeoHot has left. Who next? Hunter? Unkn0wn? :( :( :(

This has made me soo upset i wanted to see the PS3 Custom Firmware :( .
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM #5
is it possible sony bought him? It seems to be a common tactic nowadays , companies who fear piracy.

The following user thanked rokkafella-3 for this useful post:

ミ●﹏☉ミ
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM #6
Durk
spending vbux, offer me..
Originally posted by 3 View Post
is it possible sony bought him? It seems to be a common tactic nowadays , companies who fear piracy.

sony and apple would have to buy him lol and i dont think thats happened

He had no intention of releasing the PS3 custom firmware hack etc. so it doesnt bother me too much as I really didnt see it being released anyway
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM #7
brookboy98
Little One
Originally posted by Arvindian View Post
This is a shock to the Hacking Scene. First Dark Alex From the PSP Hacking Scene leaves now GeoHot has left. Who next? Hunter? Unkn0wn? :( :( :(

dat would be cool though... wonder y hes leaving hes just getting started
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM #8
Originally posted by Arvindian View Post

he has the custom fw but hes not releasing it he knows his time is up and its time for the next generation to continue his and new work
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM #9
iZach
Space Ninja
R.I.P Geohot.
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM #10
ghowden
Pokemon Trainer
He was never going to make a custom firmware, especially when he got his iPad and iPhone 4 was released, but he was the one that found out how to crack the PS3 hypervisor, and jailbreak iphones, he will be missed from the scene, even if real developers think he's a pompous twat Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo