08-03-2010, 06:06 PM #1
Zonark
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Story
================

Okay so your playing your favorite game and all of a sudden you ps3 light starts blinking and it beeped at you your wonding whats going on? "WTF is a PS3 Load litter JAM!" Then You find yourself with it turning off. "FOOOOOCCCK!!! Noob Didnt Get To SAVVVE! L33T..." And when you try to turn it on you ps3 just looks at you blinking its light and beeping on occasion, then Sh#$ you see that Bast#$d Yellow Light...

The Tut
================

What you will need
1. Torx Screw driver
2. Phillips Screw driver
3. Flathead Screw driver
4. Hair Dryer Pref one with a cooling button
5. Replacement Thermal glue for Processors Pref 95% Silver
6. Rubbing alcohol!
7. Q-tips

Yes i said hair dryer...

Now if you wanna get your warranty label off without it voiding on you follow next step or skip to step2

Step 1
Remove HDD IMPORTANT!!!

Will Require a small Phillips Screwdriver
Caution! That blue screw is SOFT!
DO NOT USE MUCH PRESSURE TO GET IT OFF OR YOU WILL STRIP IT!
now take out the hdd
Get the hair dryer
Point it exactly on the warranty label and move it in clockwise rotations for about 3 minutes
then use the flathead on foot where the warranty label is and slowly pry upwards
BAM you got it off successfully now place it on something you can heat up with the hair dryer

Step 2

pry foot off on bottom of ps3 when its vertically stood up
use the torx screw driver to remove screw
push on ps3 logo on the top of the ps3 to remove shell cover
now start unscrewing the rest of the ps3 and get all the way to the bottom and remove the massive fan on the bottom to expose to processors and remove the clamps from the board as well from the top and slightly bend them move so it makes a tighter squeeze on them

NOTICE: the processors thermal glue probably doesnt cover the entire processors that would be the main problem

Now clean them off with the Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips
Try to make them as clean as possible.

now take ur hair dryer and have to motherboard faced so that you can see the processors directly now start heat up the board (remember to move the hair dryer in circular motions) for about 4 mins then use the cooling button on the hair dryer and start cooling down the board keep doing this for about 2 mins then flip the board over and repeat the process again after cooling it down flip it once more so the processors can be seen and repeat again this time let the motherboard cool for 10 mins

Now with the board cooled down, place the new thermal glue on the processor and spread evenly use a plastic card to spread it NOT YOUR FINGERS the oils from your finger will cause it not to work as effectively

Put the ps3 back together and give it a shot! now you will see ur yellow light is gone and your good to go! do let the console sit for about 2 hours b4 playing heavily thats just to allow safety to the consoles solder. While putting the ps3 back together make sure you connect everything properly
08-03-2010, 11:52 PM #2
mcstyle24
Gym leader
Your guide is good, But most importance is it needs video aswell.

Thanks for sharing
08-04-2010, 04:48 AM #3
Zonark
Keeper
I Have to say i agree sir as soon as i get another one for repair aka tomorrow morning woot i shall film and uploading it for all to see, have a good one and good luck to all enjoy im just glad i can share my knowledge with all. I promise a video asap
08-05-2010, 12:19 AM #4
mcstyle24
Gym leader
No probs, Take your time:y:
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM #5
suhel
Little One
thanks i will try this
08-12-2010, 08:33 PM #6
sounds pretty good. but what if i dont have a hairdryer, can i use anything else?
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM #7
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Originally posted by FMJ View Post
sounds pretty good. but what if i dont have a hairdryer, can i use anything else?

You can steam it off, just boil the kettel and hold the ps3 near the steam and it will make the sticker peal.
Just dont let any water in your ps3.
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM #8
ok thanks i gotta try this on my old (700 dollar) ps3. got the slim now.
08-16-2010, 11:19 PM #9
iZach
Space Ninja
Anyone know the signs of YLOD?
08-17-2010, 07:34 PM #10
sAmIzErE
< ^ > < ^ >
Doesnt work well with hair dryer u really need a heat gun im afrraid as a heat gun goes up to 350 degrees celsius and once u heat one side dont cool it as going from one heat to another could crack the board u need to leave it 15 mins no cooling unless u use a mild fan... plus i recommend putting some liquid flux on the gpu and cpu before reflowing(heating)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by FakezT View Post
Anyone know the signs of YLOD?

what do u mean the signs my ps3 was fine in middle of game of cod then bam green to yellow to red light then stuck on red one flashing and it wont turn on properly

also this is a 80% chance it will fix if it doesnt then its a dodgy power supply replace it Upside Down Happy

Last edited by sAmIzErE ; 08-17-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: needed to add something sorry

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo