Post: PS JailBreak PS3 Pics, Reviews, FAQ / Guide and New Videos!
08-19-2010, 11:59 PM #1
.Say Hi.
Rep is so 2010
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS JailBreak PS3 Pics, Reviews, FAQ / Guide and New Videos!

As a follow-up to our previous post from yesterday, today some PS JailBreak pictures, preliminary reviews, a FAQ / guide and fresh videos have arrived.

To begin, PS3JailBreak.com (temp down, due to traffic) has posted up pictures of the PS JailBreak instructions and cover letter (pictured below) along with the following additional PS JailBreak details, to quote:

• Do tools like SN Systems Target Manger work while this mod is being used? No Target Manager does not connect, it tries but fails.

• Can the USB Dongle be dumped? Possibly however initial common attempts to dump it have failed. The dongle is detected as an Unknown USB device in windows. It does not show up as a storage device. Trying to raw dump it with programs like Hex workshop also do not detect it since it doesn’t show as a storage device.

• Does the dongle only need to be used once to convert my PS3 to a debug unit? No, you must use it every time you want to play a backup.

Next up, redeaqth and thepinkydj have shared a new PS JailBreak videos below with another HERE:

[ws]jrsTTWpGfQU[/ws]

[ws]ZsBckuvmP7U[/ws]

Finally, PanaPoZi of Elotrolado.net has shared his preliminary Spanish review of PS JailBreak (roughly translated to English below) along with a PS JailBreak guide on how it works and Logic-Sunrise.com posted their French review (also roughly translated in English below).

ELO Review: "First of all, thank ChipSpain the sample received for lending in order to make this review.

Because of work, tomorrow morning I will not be able to dedicate all the time that I would, but at least I will try to play the basics until you can complete the review.

The sample sent by the manufacturer only has a memory stick (PS Jailbreak) and a sheet with some clarifications about the product. The most remarkable and important to us is:

• The PS is compatible with any PlayStation 3 model existing today (either FAT or SLIM).
• We realziar backups in both the Internal HD as an external HD.
• Works with all PlayStation 3 games.
• Supports homebrew.
• Upgradeable to add new features.

But the most imporant because it contradicts something that indicates on its website, is that it is essential to use a firmware version 3.41 on the console, because the files have been optimized for that version. No mention at any point if this feature is unique to the samples sent, or will be common in the final products, so far remains to be clarified.

I personally have been unable to initialize the device with a previous firmware version, more specifically with the varsiĆ³n 2.85, so I had to update the console to version 3.41.

REQUIREMENTS:

• 3.41 firmware installed on the console (at least for the sample to be sent).
• Download Backup Manager for your site and copy it to any external USB storage device formatted with FAT32.

OPERATION:

1. We always start from the console is off before connecting the USB PS Jailbreak. Depending on the console version you must:

PlayStation 3 *.- FAT. Just turn off the console from the rear switch.
PlayStation 3 *.- SLIM. It is essential to disconnect the power cord from the back of the console.

Connect to any USB port on the console, PS Jailbreak, taking care not to have anything else connected by USB.

2. Press the POWER button on the console and then pressed the EJECT button. We'll see how the two LEDs on the PS Jailbreak ignite while charging the console (10 seconds), then several things can happen.

That the Green LED is lit. This means that the PS Jailbreak is working properly.

That red LED is lit. This means that the PS has not loaded correctly Jailbreak. Usually this happens when not properly pressed Power sequence and then Eject.

If the end result is the bright red LED, we repeat the process from the beginning with the precaution of disconnecting the power cord from the back of the PlayStation 3 Slim or cut the current from the switch at the back of the PlayStation 3 Fat.

3. Once PS Jailbreak the device is loaded correctly, connect the USB external storage device with the Backup Manager to the console.

4. We went to the GAME menu and we move to the option "Install Package Files", to then select Backup Manager.

5. Once finished, if we move at the end of the Games menu will appear Backup Application Manager. Select it and run.

6. Once implemented, we must introduce the reader to the console the game we want to backup. If we make a backup on the external USB device, press the button O. You can select the destination of backup, and you can select from the USB external storage device or even the HD of the console.

7. To load previously created backup culaquier simply insert a game console (you can use the same game) and from the Backup Manager menu select the desired backup and press the X button. You can also delete backup by pressing Triangle.

The reason to have a game inserted in the drive of the console is simply to emulate the loading process.

8. After selecting the backup you want, then press the X button, automatically return to main menu of the console, more concerted Backup Manager option, and finally loading the game, just move once up to see how the desired game appears to us there. The selected and ready, we can play our backup!

I have no time now to test the online mode, or deepen what I like, so that as soon as possible I will realize the tests.

Anyway, we must bear in mind that once installed on the PS console Jailbreak, and can not be removed.

Greetings!"

PS JailBreak Easy Start-Up Instructions:

1. Visit [url]www.psjailbreak.com/downloads[/url] - download Backup Manager and copy onto any standard FAT32 formatted USB flash drive

2. Power off your console (For Fat model you can flick power switch in the back. For slim you must unplug power cable and re-plug out of back of console).

3. Insert PS Jailbreak into your consoles USB port (you should have nothing else plugged in)

4. Press power button on console, release power button and then immediately press the eject button (You will then see two lights while the console loads. If the light turns green then that means PS Jailbreak is working,if it turns red then that means you did not press power/eject in a quick enough sequence. If you see red light please un-plug your console from the wall and begin step 4 over again).

5. Insert USB key with backup manager downloaded on it.

6. On main system menu go to "Game", then "Install Package Files", and click to install Backup Manager.

7. Scroll down game menu and you will see Backup Manager application, please click on it

8. Insert your licensed game that you would like to backup into the drive, if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now. Click O button to backup game. You will be asked if you would like to backup to external hard drive (by clicking no it will ask you to backup to internal hard drive).

9. To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100's of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted. Scroll up 1 and you will see the chosen game that you have loaded from Backup Manager.

Click on it, an enjoy your games!

Some important points that there am no addition at the outset and I believe that they must consider:

• Backup of the GOW3 has taken approximately about 90 minutes in copying itself in the internal HD of the console.
• The way online works perfectly.
• It is impossible to apply updates in the games if they are being loaded from the PS Jailbreak, although these if that are applied perfectly if we loaded the game from the Blu-Ray.
• In the same way, it is impossible to skip the videos of the games if load from the PS JAilbreak.
• Although the Backup Manager is installed in the console, is essential that the PS Jailbreak is connected and activated correctly to be able to execute the Backup Manager.
• If the PS Jailbreak with the ignited console retires either it is hung or it goes out, and I do not believe that it is very good nor for the console nor for the PS Jailbreak.

In order to verify if the PS Jailbreak were compatible with versions previous of firmware to the 3,41, I have bought a new console, and with the haste to the hour to initialize it and the headache that I take today, I have been mistaken and I put the date of yesterday, sorry! A thing less than the one than to worry!"

L-S Review: "After 4 years, one of the best productuct if finally here : Launch ISOS from HDD, USB HDD, launch homebrew, and many more. Ok, let's go ! here are the main features :

The main features

• USB dongle, easy to plug, no need to open de PS3
• Easy to install, with a smooth GUI
• Can be used on all PS3 : Fat, Slim, US, EU, JP ...
• Disable Sony updates, prevent from bricks
• Support for all PS3 type of games (not BD movies, DVD, and other consoles)
• Direct copy from game to HDD, or USB HDD
• Homebrews support
• Easy to update via PC

Before give details, we just want to confirm: It works. What many people has been waiting for so long time is finally here. Remeber you'ill need a working drive. If your BD drive is down, forget the dongle.

Dongle, Plug n' Play and booting mechnism:

The dongle is here a prototype version, and final product could change. As you can see, a plastic white box present the product, in beautiful iron.

At this moment, the only thing I want to do is... plug it, and play ! On the dongle there are 2 leds. On the PS3, you must unplug power supply et plug it agin to enable the dongle. Just after plugged it, power on the PS3, and hit "eject". If everything is correct, the dongle led become green. :

Green: Dongle works, ready to rip and play
Red: Issue, restart, and retry
green/red: Dongle is booting

Once the dongle has booted, here is the screen. Just copy Manager.pkg on the HDD, or USB HDD.

When dongle is active, here is the series of steps to go through.

1) The Launch Manager
2) Now under the loader, with ability to rip ISOS
3) Iso is now loaded
4) You can see it on the XMB now.

And now, just launch it ! To rip a game, it's about 45 minutes. An original game must be inserted. You can choose the one you want Enjoy !"

Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!

You must login or register to view this content.

Source:

Last edited by .Say Hi. ; 08-20-2010 at 05:49 AM.
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM #2
Looks legit, but I'm not buying until a legit member of Nextgenupdate tests it. I'm so hyped Eek
08-20-2010, 12:07 AM #3
The guy will get arrested or maybe paid by sony.
08-20-2010, 12:09 AM #4
.Say Hi.
Rep is so 2010
People already cloned it. =D It might be free soon instead of $150. Eek
08-20-2010, 12:10 AM #5
shiver
chaos personified
I bought 2 Smile
08-20-2010, 12:12 AM #6
Originally posted by shiver View Post
I bought 2 Smile

CongratsSmile , Tell us if it's real so we can buy them too.
08-20-2010, 12:16 AM #7
shiver
chaos personified
Don't worry. I will have official reviews up as soon as I receive them.
08-20-2010, 12:21 AM #8
zakaria
Trap Spawner
Originally posted by shiver View Post
I bought 2 Smile

Have you tested out yet?
Or hasn't arrived etc?

EDIT: Didn't see the 2 posts after yours as they popped up while I was reading the thread haha.
Sounds good though Smile
08-20-2010, 12:22 AM #9
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
W00P Free games! This means I don't have to pay for new releases, but the games are gonna be big, so I might need a new, bigger hardrive Winky Winky
08-20-2010, 12:26 AM #10
teeth08
< ^ > < ^ >
so all u need is the software and a fat32 usb flash drive?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo