08-21-2010, 03:39 AM #1
dm430
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so we know this so called jail break is a jig. the usb has a coded chip soldiered on it that allows the exaction of this file so what do we know about how a jig works? we need to research this stuff we have the files know we just need a way to replicate this jig

File Here: You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked dm430 for this useful post:

sAmIzErE
08-21-2010, 04:02 AM #2
ryan saa
At least I can fight
and your point is? we will find out more about it on the 27th
08-21-2010, 04:09 AM #3
dm430
I defeated!
Originally posted by ryan
and your point is? we will find out more about it on the 27th

my point being that this is not a usb drive but a micro controller that send commands to the console to send it into service mode we need to know more about the coding of the chip attached to the usb device
08-21-2010, 10:35 AM #4
sAmIzErE
< ^ > < ^ >
yes then we can do it ourselves or someone could sell them at a cheaper price.

The following user thanked sAmIzErE for this useful post:

HOST Lee
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM #5
PS just got JB what will ps4 do then
08-22-2010, 05:09 PM #6
0xFa1z
Splicer
its a micro controller not an actual standard usb drive, it commands the console into updating which makes this unpatachable... nd lol if it took them 3 years to hack ps3, wonder how long will it take them to hack ps4
08-22-2010, 06:02 PM #7
^^ 4 years lol
08-22-2010, 07:46 PM #8
killer007
Gym leader
By the you find the micro controller that is require and got everything working.. Maybe 1-2months from now... Psjailbreak or some other knock off will be on the market for about half of the price And then let say the psjailbreak needs an update. Now you have to wait for another leak software and update.. Wasting too much..I whether speed time on making my homebrew apps...or exploit the ps3 system
08-22-2010, 09:16 PM #9
boombrshot
Little One
Originally posted by MrXxXO View Post
its a micro controller not an actual standard usb drive, it commands the console into updating which makes this unpatachable... nd lol if it took them 3 years to hack ps3, wonder how long will it take them to hack ps4

You must login or register to view this content.
Everything can be patched, so far every single exploit towards the sytem that has been opened publicly has been patched by sony, like look at xbox they made a update that stopped the nand from being flashed. There where some exploits through a usb with the ps3 and they all got patched. Sony will patch they're own jig files(apparently used to install the jb) if they need to.
08-22-2010, 09:36 PM #10
shiver
chaos personified
Actually not everything can be patched. It may require a new bootloader sequence which no one thinks they can do via update. Who knows though.

Files are useless unless you have a confirmed decrypted dump from the chip itself, which may require pulling it off its pcb board.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo