08-25-2010, 06:57 AM #1
jobush50
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Guys check this out:

And here's a Pin layout for chip on the actual psjailbreak hardware i threw together for you : You must login or register to view this content.

Full datasheet : You must login or register to view this content.

Oh, and for the record, the parts (not in bulk, but for a single unit, from connectors to chip and so on), is *********5.68 ($8.82), if you were making these things in bulk, that price drops to *********2.14 ($ 3.32) per unit.

People buying the thing at $170AUS either have more money than sense, or no sense at all.

I think it's about the software that makes the ps jailbreak so expensive.

The following 2 users say thank you to jobush50 for this useful post:

Big Poppa Bren, tenerifekid
08-25-2010, 08:06 AM #2
Gangxsta
Save Point
I thought the software was the package file thingy, I already downloaded that
08-25-2010, 09:25 AM #3
jobush50
Gym leader
Originally posted by Gangxsta View Post

Its useless atm, unless you get that 8 dollar stick.
08-25-2010, 10:08 AM #4
zakaria
Trap Spawner
I think its more the (former) monopolistic market of the dongle, rather than the software. When these guys first released, they were the only ones who could do it.
However this is definitely going to change since a Chinese group reverse-engineered it and are already knocking it off at cheaper prices haha. (Theres a thread on this already)
EDIT: dude are you serious.. It's one thing to copy paste from an external website, but from a thread thats posted a couple hours earlier is pretty stupid ahaha.
Last edited by zakaria ; 08-25-2010 at 10:11 AM.
08-25-2010, 05:38 PM #5
jobush50
Gym leader
Originally posted by zakaria View Post
I think its more the (former) monopolistic market of the dongle, rather than the software. When these guys first released, they were the only ones who could do it.
However this is definitely going to change since a Chinese group reverse-engineered it and are already knocking it off at cheaper prices haha. (Theres a thread on this already)
EDIT: dude are you serious.. It's one thing to copy paste from an external website, but from a thread thats posted a couple hours earlier is pretty stupid ahaha.

You must be the only one on NGU who doesn't copy paste from another website:p

The following user thanked jobush50 for this useful post:

Charmander.
08-25-2010, 05:41 PM #6
Originally posted by jobush50 View Post
that is true pretty much everyone does it
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM #7
wont ps3 just patch this instantly
08-25-2010, 07:59 PM #8
Guys check this out:

And here's a Pin layout for chip on the actual psjailbreak hardware i threw together for you : You must login or register to view this content.

Full datasheet : You must login or register to view this content.

Oh, and for the record, the parts (not in bulk, but for a single unit, from connectors to chip and so on), is *********5.68 ($8.82), if you were making these things in bulk, that price drops to *********2.14 ($ 3.32) per unit.

People buying the thing at $170AUS either have more money than sense, or no sense at all.

I think it's about the software that makes the ps jailbreak so expensive.

Originally posted by Gangxsta View Post

Its useless atm, unless you get that 8 dollar stick.

So far its all useless I have built 2 of them extact to the build specs, without the code that is loded in the PIC it is useless
08-26-2010, 01:15 AM #9
zakaria
Trap Spawner

Haha dude, I just said its one thing to copy from another website (as like you said, many people do), but you copy and pasted directly from a post a couple of hours earlier :|
What the hell is the point in that haha, your asking to be infracted?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo