FileZilla (downloaded & installed)
PS3 FTP Server (downloaded & installed)
PlayStation 3 connected to your Home Network
PlayStation 3 on v3.41 firmware (Click to download v3.41 firmware from Sony)
JailBreak Chipset or Dongle (Click for a list of compatible devices)
- Start up your PS3 and JailBreak it
- Start up PS3 FTP Server on your PS3 and click "Start FTP Server"
- Once the server is started, go back to your PC and open FileZilla
- On FileZilla, click "File -> Site Manager -> New Site"
- Look at the IP Address on your PS3; this will be the "Host" for FileZilla
- On FileZilla, the port you will use is 21
- The username you will use is FTPD12345
- The password you will use is blank (no password at all)
- At the top of the configuration window on FileZilla, click "Transfer Settings"
- Check the box "Limit number of simultaneous connections'
- Set the value to "1"
- Click connect and you should be connected directly to your PS3's HDD.