01-05-2011, 09:17 AM #1
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Please discuss anything related to signing homebrew here

I'm about to download the Git for the ps3 keys and see if i can sign the ftp, if i can, expect ftp on 3.55 by tomorrow.

UPDATE: i have gotten fwtool to work, i will try to sign the ftp as soon as i come back from a snow trip with my girlfriend today, i will send the signed ftp to people who helped for testing.
And to any mod that reads this, its not leaking, i am signing it with tools other than sdk, so i can post it in non premium section

UPDATE 2: i going to try to replace all the keys in fwtool with the keys required to sign homebrew executables, but i need a question answered, do i use appldr keys?

i just want to say, if you ask for the ftp, you aren't getting it, those who will get it, know who they are.

UPDATE 3: Well im sorry to say i've been beaten to it, I can't say who did it, and i can't say when it will come out, but it's been done and I have given up

I gave it my best shot, made some progress, lost a lot of hours of sleep, and learned so much

Hopefully someone signs it with Matt's algorithm, so non premiums can have it too Upside Down Happy

Big thanks to Dylan_Owns, ZoneTw0, and _Alfa_
Last edited by DCLXVI ; 01-07-2011 at 07:50 AM.

The following 22 users say thank you to DCLXVI for this useful post:

ツSparky, Okami, benzy, BriceC, DarkLiightz, Dylan_Owns, human193, ixfor1234, kimballjones, LazyFunker, malik-ramires, Pauly, Press ►, ProjectPartial, QS&SnD, RayJ_chugs, Slashey, sMoKiNyOo, Solid Snake, UMD, Waterguy469, zxz0O0
01-05-2011, 09:18 AM #2
Dylan_Owns
Master of teh internetz
Do you need to do it on Linux? If so, I'm gonna download a program to emulate Linux and contribute
01-05-2011, 09:21 AM #3
Originally posted by skylerleighty View Post
Please discuss anything related to signing homebrew here

I'm about to download the Git for the ps3 keys and see if i can sign the ftp, if i can, expect ftp on 3.55 by tomorrow.

WOO...FTP will keep me and everyone else busy for a lil' while as everyone starts to do some crazy s*** with Mw2 while fail0verflow will soon release their tools meaning we will be able to easily sign other .pkg's like Backup manager etc.

The following user thanked ProjectPartial for this useful post:

vettacossx
01-05-2011, 09:21 AM #4
ballakid77
Gym leader
There is a way to use windows instead and can't you just install cygwin and use that??? seems like You must login or register to view this content. used windows instead of linux but I could be wrong but yeah u can get cygwin and use that, that's what I was using but my comp froze on me so I have to start over :/
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM #5
Dylan_Owns
Master of teh internetz
Okay, so nearly all the credit for this goes to ZoneTw0
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM #6
Originally posted by Owns View Post
Okay, so nearly all the credit for this goes to ZoneTw0

thats pretty much right :/
Zone just replied to teh old thread:
Originally posted by ZoneTw0 View Post
Apparently the 3.55 EBOOT.BIN is signed and ready, i'm just missing to put it into a PKG. Winky Winky
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM #7
Dylan_Owns
Master of teh internetz
Lol yeah if you can do it on Windows I'll get the Backup Manager signed tomorrow... If not then someone else's gonna have to do it...
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM #8
ballakid77
Gym leader
Lol yeah if you can do it on Windows I'll get the Backup Manager signed tomorrow... If not then someone else's gonna have to do it...

You can try cygwin
01-05-2011, 09:37 AM #9
Dylan_Owns
Master of teh internetz
Originally posted by ballakid77 View Post
You can try cygwin

What else do I need for Cygwin?
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM #10
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.

It's going to take more than just a signature to make a backup manager work

We have to access syscalls the ps3 doesnt access unless jailbroken

So either rebug adds those syscalls somehow in a MFW, or we edit a few selfs to make jailbreaking work on 3.55, just to access those syscalls

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo