01-05-2011, 10:55 AM #1
gola
OVER 9000!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); kakaroto/others
3.55 CFW's(Both are the same file just on different file hosting sites, some say megaupload is faster download)
You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

3.41 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.

Wutangrza 3.55:You must login or register to view this content.

Tutorial:
Rename the downloaded file to PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Create a folder on the root(not already in any folders) of a usb and call it PS3.

Create a folder in the ps3 folder on the usb called UPDATE.

Then copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP into the update folder.

Then put the usb into your ps3, go to system update and update by device or whatever.

For example, I put the PS3UPDAT.PUP in the Folder F:/PS3/UPDATE/

NEW FEATURES IN THIS FIRMWARE:

-Other OS capability

-Save data utility put back in

-Game data utility

-Enables you to install signed .PKG files

PROOF ITS REAL AND FEATURES

Video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HIkmpJ-2M[/ame]

PIC by xd366:You must login or register to view this content.

UNTRUE MYTHS ABOUT THIS CFW

MYTH #1 This gets rid of my saves and game data!! Truth:This isn't true, it has save data utility and game data utility there in this new cfw download

MYTH #2 This will brick your PS3. Answer: no this will not brick your PS3, I have done it myself on two ps3s and it works fine.

MYTH #3 Sony can find people with this and ban them. Truth: No they can't, it runs exactly the same as official 3.55.

MYTH #4 You can't go online with this. Truth:You can go online, proof of this is the screenshot provided by xd366 as he's online with the custom firmware.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q:Whenever I put my usb with the firmware in it doesn't get recognised and says there is No applicable data found?

A: This means your doing something wrong, make sure the ps3 folder is on the root of your USB, for example mine was in F:/PS3/UPDATE if it was like that and doesn't work, then try a different usb device.

Also try this if all that doesn't work:
if your PS3 is still saying "no applicable update data was found" this is what to do,
1. Plug in your USB device with the update on it into a usb slot on the PS3.
2. Turn your PS3 off from the PS button
3. Hold the power button on the PS3 until the PS3 turns off again
4. Once the PS3 turns off again hold the power button until the ps3 beeps twice
5. Now a menu will come up, go to system update
6. Now just do what it tells you to do and it will install the update

Q: Can I host challenge lobbies on 3.55 or higher with this?

A: Not as of yet, you will only be able to do so once a FTP server program and backup manager is signed as official making it usable with CFW so you can put the patches and whatnot onto your PS3.

Q: When I try to run .pkgs, they don't work?

A: This is because they aren't signed as official.

Subscribe to my youtube for all the latest PS3 hacks and homebrewYou must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by gola ; 02-23-2011 at 08:27 AM.

The following 258 users say thank you to gola for this useful post:

_L@ND!NRoCk_, -Blackhawks-, -J-, -Syed-, ツSparky, +Sfx Krush, +vA.LooSe, $oulja, 020king, 3arc, 420, 890popbox, AbdulazizK, ak7, alexfoy1989, Alfa, Alpha, AndrewPS3, ashleycole, Asmel, AsTRoNiuMz, Axiom, balerdoni, Dank, bbk4614, bcb, beryce, BiggStankDogg, bkjf, BLACKUPDATE, bmxrcodol04, Bomb789, bonthan, Brian235026, bryan021794, Budz, Car Lover, chat912, chris48hour, chrisdocherty91, Chrome, CHuRCHYx, club-bomb-shizl, cluckin bell, Clutch Hunterr, cod4 sniperman, Correy, Counter1602, cr1t1c4l1404, CRACKbomber, Creepz, DanGFX, davirus_, davkay70, DEREKTROTTER, Dillon, DnVrDt, Domov, Dr.Fox, Drackos, Dreamcather, Dunkus, Durk, Dylan_Owns, eddydiep, eric15, SweatyMidgets, Extrazior, FatalHackz, FaTbOyOnAbiKe, FM|T xR3PMz, FuzzaMuzza, Galbiy, gerardwayz, Girby2K11, GNDOOOR_KILLER, Gshyne, HecmanHD, Helios, Hells, Heres_Kenny, HomeWorkPS, howigethere, HtD, human193, I'm A Rep Whore, iCoNiic, ihaxgames, iiFaMoUzZ-, iJokaa, ikbengekha, imsokool, ipodtouch44, Irish, Itz_Dylan, ixfor1234, jamal69rr, Jamesyy and 158 other users.
01-05-2011, 11:31 AM #20
Originally posted by Broseidon View Post
It gives you a custom firmware for ps3.. its like having a ps jailbreak features wise but its better

i no that lol, but can it do any homebrew yet?
01-05-2011, 11:37 AM #21
divybc
Former Staff
Originally posted by UnspokenDream View Post
i no that lol, but can it do any homebrew yet?

not as of yet but who know today or some point this weeks itl be ready .

The following 2 users say thank you to divybc for this useful post:

REZNET \|/, The Weeknd
01-05-2011, 11:45 AM #22
i just keep gettin error No applicable update data was found i have 60gig 4 usb ps3 on 3.55 use 8 gig pen usb and even tried 4gig sd card in the card reader on ps3 and no will not find i have renamed all as hould in CAPS i even copy pasted the names of file's and folders cant find it on ps3
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM #23
gola
OVER 9000!
Originally posted by davkay70 View Post
i just keep gettin error No applicable update data was found i have 60gig 4 usb ps3 on 3.55 use 8 gig pen usb and even tried 4gig sd card in the card reader on ps3 and no will not find i have renamed all as hould in CAPS i even copy pasted the names of file's and folders cant find it on ps3

Is it like F:/PS3/UPDATE then inside you have PS3UPDAT.PUP

???? It should work if its exactly like that, F:/ can be different though(only variable)
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM #24
ok thanks for the ps3 cfw, the ps3 scene is starting to heat up and i like it lol , can we sign in to psn with this cfw or will we get banned? and can we install backup manager??
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM #25
italianbeast007
Do a barrel roll!
Will this give other os to a slim ps3? just curious
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM #26
Originally posted by Broseidon View Post
Is it like F:/PS3/UPDATE then inside you have PS3UPDAT.PUP

???? It should work if its exactly like that, F:/ can be different though(only variable)

yes same as that although my drive is h im re downloading and format usb pen try again
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM #27
qwerew
Member Of The Pewdiepie Bro Army
Could I switch back to 3.55 OFM if I wanted to?
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM #28
iiFaMoUzZ-
Little One
Originally posted by qwerew View Post
Could I switch back to 3.55 OFM if I wanted to?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo