01-07-2011, 05:21 AM #1
vettacossx
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello all i dunno if this would work but i wanted to run it by the pros here on NGU because its a hair brain idea LOL Winky Winky:bye:

I was using Mathieuel's new PKG extraction tool and i found a PKG of grand turismo HD the full game and it seemed to install np on 3.55 CFW then i extracted the files from this PKG with math's new tool (thanks you kik ass) Natural being a curious stoner i started to peek around and noticed a the EBOOT.BIN and thought i wonder if these demo PKG could be used as a catylist for HOMEBREW EBOOTS IF THAT EBOOT WAS SIGNED LIKE THE ONE IN A OFFICIAL PKG?:tits::dance:Dancing

So is this gonna brick the ever lovin shit out of my ps3 or do nothing or maybe ...(preys to the game gods) allow me to have a SNES PKG! lol
Dancing
01-07-2011, 06:16 AM #2
Originally posted by vettacossx View Post
hello all i dunno if this would work but i wanted to run it by the pros here on NGU because its a hair brain idea LOL Winky Winky:bye:

I was using Mathieuel's new PKG extraction tool and i found a PKG of grand turismo HD the full game and it seemed to install np on 3.55 CFW then i extracted the files from this PKG with math's new tool (thanks you kik ass) Natural being a curious stoner i started to peek around and noticed a the EBOOT.BIN and thought i wonder if these demo PKG could be used as a catylist for HOMEBREW EBOOTS IF THAT EBOOT WAS SIGNED LIKE THE ONE IN A OFFICIAL PKG?:tits::dance:Dancing

So is this gonna brick the ever lovin shit out of my ps3 or do nothing or maybe ...(preys to the game gods) allow me to have a SNES PKG! lol
Dancing

Installing a corrupted pkg wouldn't brick most it would do would be freezing your ps3 or just not install at all...

Heres SNES Homebrew Thanks to Derektrottter
You must login or register to view this content.
01-07-2011, 06:24 AM #3
Originally posted by xCamoLegend View Post
Installing a corrupted pkg wouldn't brick most it would do would be freezing your ps3 or just not install at all...

Heres SNES Homebrew Thanks to Derektrottter

wait is this homebrew for 3.55 cfw or just jb'ed console
01-07-2011, 06:26 AM #4
Originally posted by bethka23 View Post
wait is this homebrew for 3.55 cfw or just jb'ed console

JB the guy that started this thread is attempting to replace the eboot with a Demos to see if it works on CFW.

The following user thanked xCamoLegend for this useful post:

bethka23
01-07-2011, 06:26 AM #5
vettacossx
Bounty hunter
WOW thank you so much for both providing a simple effective response and PROMT ONE to my question and for sourcing the snes emu thats gr8 news it seems things are moving right along! thanks again so very much your name precedes you sir you truly are a legend thanks again bud i appreciate that more than you know!HappyDancing

UPDATE:
well it seems im SOL on this idea to even try it .. Mathieuels tool wont extract the PKG so i can look for a EBOOT FILE in the SNES.PKG... It says :

select pkg is debug ps3 pkg this application only supports retail ones anyone know how to get the eboot file out of the PKG or if there is an eboot file in the snes PKG i saw waninkoko made some tools but I KNOW WANINKOKO i have used his CIOS for wii for a while i know better than to use a app he hasnt been deving for a long time hes a legend dont get me wrong but he also has a few historical "bad moments" and brick waves under his belt .. I suppose we will have to be patient (only been a few days after all) and see if math releases some more goodies for all this! Smile im open to suggestions thats why i came to discuss it on NGU love to hear what you guys think and would be willing to test if i can get a HOMEBREW EBOOT.BIN file to replace the one in the demo.

THATS ONLY HALF THE BATTLE

then i need to learn how to recompile a pkg and IF the pkg will work after replacing that file the more i think about it the more i feel like if i cant "resign" this or should i say IF we have to... Resign this then it wouldnt work and my whole theory goes down the tube the ole "to bad go shit in a hat and keep thinking" LOL
Last edited by vettacossx ; 01-07-2011 at 06:42 AM.
01-07-2011, 07:15 AM #6
Replacing a file in the pkg would cause the signature to report an incorrect length. Check Mathieulh's program and look for the 0x70 address comment (through notepad): check encrypted file length. In other words, you need to sign each pkg according to the size.

On a side note, I think the EBOOT.bin must be encrypted itself, so the 'replace with an unsigned one' wouldn't work.

Here, check my thread on the decryption algorithm from Mathieulh's decrypter:

Last edited by The Middle Man ; 01-07-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Extra Info

The following user thanked The Middle Man for this useful post:

egonadrian
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM #7
ZoneTw0
You talkin to me?
. .
Last edited by ZoneTw0 ; 03-03-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo