Post: Massive guide for dead rising 2 backup help and hack help!
01-20-2011, 03:21 AM #1
lucifer0512
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey guys so today im going to show you how to get The Dead Rising 2 Backup To Work Along With The Dead Rising 2 Hack. Credits to KysKidz For The Param.Sfo File, Geohotz For Jailbreak, Ripperd For Hack, Comgenie For File Manager And Rogero As Well, i think i got everybody lol,

Detailed Version I Suggest You Use This First

Ok So First Off, You Need A JailBroken Ps3 And I Use Geohotz Jailbreak for ps3 i find its the best one out there as of now but meh your choice, So after you have jailbroken you ps3, your going to need a backup manager, there are quite a few out there, i use multiman, and rogero (you only need one), so after you get this put it on your usb stick and put it on your ps3 (via install .pkg files) and back up your version of Dead Rising 2 (in both versions, Rogero, or Multiman, Just Have The Disc In Your Ps3 And Hit O T(wnload and install Comgenies Awesome File Manager, And The Dead Rising 2 ( UP0001-BLES00948_00-0000000000000000.pkg) and install that to your ps3 as well (again via your usb stick) after you install it you will have a dead rising 2 icon below your disc, dont get to excited were not done yet, go into comgenies file manager and on the first panel scroll down to Hdd0 then go to GAMES (GAMEZ if your using rogero) then go to Blus_30439 (this is us version, if you back up the other one from Uk it will still be Bles_0094Cool Man (aka Tustin) and go into that, then go into PS3_Game, And Then USRDIR, then scroll down to data (just have the little arrow go over top of it, dont go into it) now press select on your ps3 controller to turn the screen red, this means you can copy and paste anywhere, go to the right panel and go to Dev_hdd0/game/Bles00948/USRDIR and then go back to the left screen and press O and paste to the right hand side this will also take a few mins of your time so watch like 10 mins of tv or something and come back, after the stuff has been copied over just quit it (pressing the button on the middle of the controller and quit game, now you have to download this file Param.Sfo onto your usb along with the datafile.big i have uploaded for you (this is already modded so half the work is done for you) so go back into comgenies file manager, go on the first side to Usb_000 or Usb0001 (it depends on which slot u have it in doesnt matter same stuff) then on the other side go to dev_hdd0/game/bles00948 you will see that there is a param.sfo file in there, just copy the one over from your usb over to there, now go into USRDIR and go to data you will also notice there is a datafile.big in there, so again copy over and paste the datafile.big from your usb to the side on the right, then just quit game go start dead rising 2 from the xmb (not the disc just the icon thats already there) and you will NOT download the patch, just play offline u still earn trophies, then you just go start a game (obviously once you get to the safe house is when the hacks kick in) as soon as you walk out you will see the big door u came in and there are a hell of alot of weapons, hope this helps you guys out, ill put this in short form for all of you =D

Short Version I Suggest You Use This After Detailed Version

1. have a jailbroken ps3, download Rogero Backup Manager, And Backup Dead Rising 2 From The Disc.

2. Install Comgenies File Manager And The UP0001-BLES00948_00-0000000000000000.pkg To Your Ps3.

3. now you have to go into comgenies file manager and go copy the backup data file (dev_hdd0/GAMES/USRDIR/Data) to the Bles00948. (if it doesnt work remeber to press select before transfering it over)

4. Now Take the Param.sfo and copy into dev_hdd0/game/bles00948, then go from there into the usrdir then into the data folder, and copy the datafile.big to that folder.

5. Now Take Out Your Disc there will still be a dead rising 2 icon start it cancel the patch, play the game and hack!@!@!

NOTE!! after start up the game and quit it the icon will be gone! all you have to do is just reinstall the UP0001-BLES00948_00-0000000000000000.pkg then just open up comgenies file manager and go to dev_hdd0/game/bles00948 and just re-copy the param.sfo to there and do the same for the datafile.big (in the usrdir and data) and your all set to go, if you need any help at all i can help you here!, i wont ignore you lol. so have a go hope i helped you guys tell me how i did! thanks alot.

Lucifer0512

You must login or register to view this content. - Comgenie's Awesome File Manager

You must login or register to view this content. - Datafile.big

You must login or register to view this content. - Multimans Backup Manager

You must login or register to view this content. - Param.SFO

You must login or register to view this content. - Rogero Version 7.8 Backup Manager

You must login or register to view this content. - Bles00948 File (dead rising 2.pkg)

I kno its alot to read but it really does help, the short version is good if you already kno most of the stuff, if ur just starting to do this, the detailed version is for you!
Last edited by lucifer0512 ; 01-20-2011 at 03:28 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to lucifer0512 for this useful post:

cball0324, CRaZyY
01-20-2011, 03:22 AM #2
CRaZyY
Banned
Nice will try right now :y:
01-20-2011, 03:37 AM #3
lucifer0512
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks Bro! hope it works for you if not im here to help!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Bump Bump!!@!@
01-20-2011, 03:49 AM #4
Crustyclone
Bounty hunter
Is there anyway that you can still play online and have the hack?
01-20-2011, 05:03 AM #5
lucifer0512
Do a barrel roll!
no this is not disc related it is only through backed up games can you have hacks, the only online games that i kno that have hacks, is COD games, other then that i have no idea lol, but this is souly based on offline, if you download the patch, it will mess everything up and you have to restart the process all over again, lol thats why i posted this to help other people out =D

---------- Post added 01-20-2011 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-19-2011 at 10:52 PM ----------

Bump~~Bump~~ Still Helping People I Hope :P
01-21-2011, 09:17 AM #6
-Skyline
Anonymous
Well that's what I primarily want to do, play online, but all this "cancel the update" malarkey is stupid, there must be a simple fix as my copy works perfect except for a freeze when entering The Mall or the Silver Strip.

I'm not going to sacrifice online just to play the game from my HDD, for now I'm keeping my Zombrex Edition until a better solution is made.
01-21-2011, 09:33 AM #7
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
Why so detailed? I use to have Dead Rising 2 backed up to my PS3 (When i was on 3.41 JB) without no problems.
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM #8
omg copy/past gay isnt working just freezing
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM #9
pavandeepchani
Pokemon Trainer
Wow, xD was gonna say it was a copy and paste from PS3Hax but realised you were the same person, gotta give credit to you because you helped me with my tutorial with your DL links, thanks a bunch Happy
01-26-2011, 04:38 PM #10
Asmel
Are you high?
Thx for the guide! A little hard to read the detailed version but very good :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo