02-20-2011, 11:49 PM #1
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Seeing a wave of kids has arrived trying to make a quick buck, I'm making this thread as some kind of tutorial to know when a CFW is fake.

Current Fakes:
PS3Tuts.com
NowJailbreak.com
Ps3custom.host.sk - Thanks to will34
ps3jailbreak.iphoneworld1.com - Thanks to Starek
jailbreakmyps3.free.bg - Thanks to Starek
ps3toxic.blogspot.com - Thanks to Starek

<PM me more fake sites to add to the list>

How to spot fakes:

1. Survey

The most common, you see a kid claiming to have created a 3.56 CFW, then the link provided brings you to Sharecash or a CPA network.

2. Youtube

There are lots, I mean LOTS of fake youtube videos. I don't see how someone would upload to youtube first than any well-known PS3 hacking forum, if you see it in a trusted site like PSX-Scene, then most likely it's real.

3. Tools

Related to survey ones, the kid claims that a 'tool' will give you the CFW. It will most likely have a virus or something gay.

4. Copypasted tutorials

Related to survey ones, they give you a tutorial that looks convincing, but after reading slowly you may notice you have already seen it, like this:

You must login or register to view this content.
Come on, that fag copypasted that from Geohot's site.

5. Fake claims/setups

This is new, now they're not trying to make a quick buck with surveys, now they want to brick your PS3 or make you to update to 3.56. If you see a CFW in a website or youtube and it's not confirmed by PSX-Scene, but it's free to download, it's most likely setup, because when you see comments they're friends with the uploader or make ridiculous claims.

6. Lack of proof

They don't have download links, they tell people to subscribe/like the video. Some are really convincing and some are really retarded. Remember, IF YOU DON'T SEE IT IN A TRUSTED SITE, IT'S FAKE REGARDLESS HOW REAL THE VIDEO LOOKS.

With that being said, I hope to somewhat stop useless threads in this section about "3.56 CFW" with noobs posting "FAKE OR NOT?" or "has anyone tried this i dont want to brick" etc.
Last edited by SupaTrollioBros ; 02-21-2011 at 12:59 AM.

The following 18 users say thank you to SupaTrollioBros for this useful post:

@KLukas94, albania123, AlphaPoppy, AnthonyINFAMOUS, bdydrpkotaec, eekndot, flyboymarty10, GamingPresents, hacker103, HecmanHD, ibombo, iMAGEi, juliex877, mEdiivalXvirrus, om3ale, Sick_aSS_FoO, weedface, Winning
02-21-2011, 02:01 AM #20
u have a point there
02-21-2011, 02:05 AM #21
SirOcelot
Pokemon Trainer
This post is great, but at the same time common sense. It's just like the seat belt laws; if you are stupid enough not to wear one you deserve the consequences. Same goes with 3.56 CFW; if you get tricked so easily by believing a non-factor site and are a regular on this site, enjoy your 3.56. Hang around NGU Playstation 3 Exploits and Hacks section and keep your ear to the ground. If a 3.56 CFW truly happened, those forums would be blown the hell up.
02-21-2011, 02:33 AM #22
Helpful post thanks.
02-21-2011, 02:59 AM #23
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!
Originally posted by iTzEnVyHD View Post
thanks for post but that f'ing spoiler i try every time and fail what does it says

It has a hex number, nothing special at all.
f4 0f ef 34 03 f7 ab 3d 5f 07 18 f5 b6 ae 3f b4 96 09 0b a9
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM #24
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!
This deserves to be in the first page.
02-24-2011, 11:42 PM #25
UnrealReality
Sierra Leone
opposite of helpful, before you post think. if they honestly think someone they have never heard of made some random new cfw. then im sorry but they are probably just kids trying to make teh 1337z haxors pubzlic on teher psfree. no but really it would be posted on this site if it where real. case closed.
02-24-2011, 11:42 PM #26
Lucas_sick
Do a barrel roll!
I fink that were is alot of fake websites they do it to fu*k people up and to jack peoples bank accounts iTz quite sad dont you think
02-25-2011, 12:17 AM #27
Don't troll bros. Smile
02-25-2011, 12:19 AM #28
joejn27
Little One
Any 3.56 firmware is fake anyways. Only Chuck Norris has the real 3.56 CFW.
Last edited by joejn27 ; 02-25-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo