02-21-2011, 06:04 PM #1
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Geohot plans to hack Sony’s new Xperia Play aka the PlayStation Phone as soon as its launched. He is going to hack is despite the recent lawsuit between him and Sony. The lawsuit which clearly states that he shouldn’t do so. According to a post on his website he plans to make it his next project:

Originally posted by another user
My attempts at humor aside, I do take this whole matter very seriously. Again, it’s not about me, I was on the verge of quitting this stuff last June, and I would hate to be the one who sets a reputation for hackers that all a company has to do is sue us and we back down. In fact, I want the opposite reputation set, that the more a company tries to abuse the legal system, the harder we rally back. I will be the first person in line on the launch date of the Xperia Play, and itching to get my hands on the Next GEOHOT Project.

Geohot is also looking for help and donations to fight his battle with Sony, the response to far has been great according to him. Geohot is doing this to send a message to Sony, not to mess with consumers rights, when they purchase a product they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 11 users say thank you to ciunas for this useful post:

ꜛ  , AmanH, emersons35, iNoxx, ItsBarryBurton, maxrox, Mr.Pure420, River J, shaneod, spitlife, xCamoLegend
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM #11
Winning
Former Staff
He is so pro. I wish he was my brother or something.
02-21-2011, 06:45 PM #12
yey I can´t wait for the Sony NGP Jailbreak lol
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM #13
consteez
Do a barrel roll!
lol why? the xperia play's life span will be about as long as one firmware update
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM #14
Luciano2572
Are you high?
go geohot. jailbreaking phones isnt ilegal, so sony :dingding: and MAKE IT GEOHOT!
geohot is a beast, if he want to unlock something, wait, hes gona do it.
02-21-2011, 06:51 PM #15
consteez
Do a barrel roll!
geohots still the man. he doesnt have to do anything else and i'd still consider him robin hood 3.0 giving to the poor so they dont have to give to the rich

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Originally posted by soc18 View Post
yey I can´t wait for the Sony NGP Jailbreak lol

thats where its at!
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM #16
iloveyou2
Little One
most of you don't see how arrogant he is? He DOES NOT CARE about other hackers and is only in it for himself. He is NOT THE ONLY person being sued by Sony yet he asks for donations for himself only. All he wants to do is get more and more fame. what he preaches is right but the way he goes on about it is something I don't like. You don't advertise hacking, you keep it discreet. I hope he gets owned by Sony and/or other major companies because he is NOT the role model hacker. Role model hackers DO NOT GET CAUGHT!!!
02-22-2011, 06:21 AM #17
Originally posted by sh View Post
Yes he did, I believe that was the CNBC interview.

nope it was on G4 tv show, the interview only lasted like three minutes. but no, your wrong, G4. im right. Yup. Smile sorry, felt like being a d$%k
02-22-2011, 06:26 AM #18
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust
That kid has some balls

The following user thanked xScreamo! for this useful post:

Codi360
02-22-2011, 06:27 AM #19
aramik
Do a barrel roll!
i am so gonna get this phone

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.