02-21-2011, 06:04 PM #1
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Geohot plans to hack Sony’s new Xperia Play aka the PlayStation Phone as soon as its launched. He is going to hack is despite the recent lawsuit between him and Sony. The lawsuit which clearly states that he shouldn’t do so. According to a post on his website he plans to make it his next project:

Originally posted by another user
My attempts at humor aside, I do take this whole matter very seriously. Again, it’s not about me, I was on the verge of quitting this stuff last June, and I would hate to be the one who sets a reputation for hackers that all a company has to do is sue us and we back down. In fact, I want the opposite reputation set, that the more a company tries to abuse the legal system, the harder we rally back. I will be the first person in line on the launch date of the Xperia Play, and itching to get my hands on the Next GEOHOT Project.

Geohot is also looking for help and donations to fight his battle with Sony, the response to far has been great according to him. Geohot is doing this to send a message to Sony, not to mess with consumers rights, when they purchase a product they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

The following 11 users say thank you to ciunas for this useful post:

ꜛ  , AmanH, emersons35, iNoxx, ItsBarryBurton, maxrox, Mr.Pure420, River J, shaneod, spitlife, xCamoLegend
02-22-2011, 08:22 PM #38
irish-sid
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Czk View Post
Its a cell phone. Its legal to jailbreak it.

I didn't expect captain obvious to visit this thread. Nice to meet you. Outie
02-22-2011, 08:37 PM #39
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by sh View Post

Geohot plans to hack Sony’s new Xperia Play aka the PlayStation Phone as soon as its launched. He is going to hack is despite the recent lawsuit between him and Sony. The lawsuit which clearly states that he shouldn’t do so. According to a post on his website he plans to make it his next project:

Geohot is also looking for help and donations to fight his battle with Sony, the response to far has been great according to him. Geohot is doing this to send a message to Sony, not to mess with consumers rights, when they purchase a product they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

Great info mate. I checked out GeoHot.com and his new blog and all this is legit. Thanks mate.
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM #40
I guess suing him for hacking the PS3 just wasn't enough for him.
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM #41
ace.3
I defeated!
i remember him saying so when does the psp 2 coming out sort of joking though.
02-22-2011, 10:17 PM #42
147aaron
Do a barrel roll!
Yea i was reading that on his website and I started laughing
02-22-2011, 10:24 PM #43
SweatyMidgets
Swagger Swagger
ahah, GeoHot...............
02-22-2011, 10:53 PM #44
viralhysteria
I'm getting Xperia Play on the first day too, can't wait to see what he does with it :carling:
02-22-2011, 11:27 PM #45
wow when does it launch? hope he does jus to piss sony off more xD
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM #46
HtD
Dark Knight
Meh ive never gonna buy that crap so idc. Hack the ps3..again :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo