Post: Sony Face charges in court after geohot announcing the otheos removal
02-23-2011, 12:27 AM #1
REZNET \|/
The Land Of The Lost.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What's Happening in the Class Action Against Sony About Removing OtherOS? - Updated 2Xs

Monday, February 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM EST

I thought you'd be interested to know what's been happening in the litigation against Sony filed by customers upset that Sony took away the OtherOS capability on their PlayStation3's. Sony Computer Entertainment America, or SCEA, filed a motion to dismiss [PDF] the lawsuit. The court granted in part and denied in part. It has dismissed [PDF] all the claims against Sony except for one -- but with the right to amend -- and the one claim that survived is the one alleging that SCEA violated the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Right to amend means the plaintiffs can fix the deficiencies, if they can.
Some of you may conclude that there may be more justice in this world than you thought, when you reflect on the fact that now both Sony and George Hotz face claims of violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

The plaintiffs have 20 days to refile an amended complaint, but no matter what happens with those claims, the case will now proceed because the CFAA claim was *not* dismissed. And interestingly, this litigation is being heard in the US District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco. That's the same court hearing SCEA's litigation against Georg Hotz, but a different judge. And the plaintiffs have been following the SCEA v. Hotz case, and they noticed what they believe are contradictions between what Sony says in that case and what it says in this one.

source:You must login or register to view this content.
Geohot posted that site himself so its true.
And my opinion sony deserve to face this after removing otherOS from us.

The following 4 users say thank you to REZNET \|/ for this useful post:

ILovePie24!!, ninjaphantom, Slay No More, Xx-NukeClan-xX
02-23-2011, 03:19 AM #11
HOST Lee
IM A AWESOME
GeoHot Is My God And Like All Gods He Must Be Worshipped.

The following user thanked HOST Lee for this useful post:

THE_JMAN
02-23-2011, 04:58 AM #12
Originally posted by AceVirus View Post
If Sony brings back OtherOS I doubt many people will even know what to do with it. Good to know Sony is getting what they deserve though.

-off topic., but trippy a s s sig man, i need to get baked and look at that thing lollCool Man (aka Tustin)
02-23-2011, 07:40 AM #13
Honestly i dont knoe wats better your sig or what you wrote XD
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM #14
REZNET \|/
The Land Of The Lost.....
Originally posted by iloveyou2 View Post
as long as geonubz gets owned, i have no problem with sony getting owned XD

Just suck it cause geohot never did this cause of ur COD games.
Not his fault IDIOT...
he done this in the sense of achievement nothing else.
And im glad it ruined your cod it will teach you not to play bad games and buy killzone and play Playstation 3 at its highest potential
02-24-2011, 04:58 PM #15
Originally posted by SupaTrollioBros View Post
To steal from one source is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

That's still plagiarism, if you do research and get something from other sources, you still need to say who it was, the time you don't have to say it who it was, is when you actually do it yourself, which you didn'tNo
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM #16
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!
Originally posted by Hikarukagi View Post
That's still plagiarism, if you do research and get something from other sources, you still need to say who it was, the time you don't have to say it who it was, is when you actually do it yourself, which you didn'tNo

I didn't made this thread.
02-25-2011, 02:55 AM #17
iloveyou2
Little One
Originally posted by RazerFuZZioNzZ View Post
Just suck it cause geohot never did this cause of ur COD games.
Not his fault IDIOT...
he done this in the sense of achievement nothing else.
And im glad it ruined your cod it will teach you not to play bad games and buy killzone and play Playstation 3 at its highest potential

huh, i don't even get wtf you are trying to say? hacking in COD is for noobs and retards and i do not support it in any way. my cod experience is pretty awesome and I would buy killzone 3 but i'm not spending 60 right now after i spent 60 for mvc3 Your post is actually stupid because I never said my cod experience was ever ruined by his hacks and I don't see how they would ruin it because people already hacked since bo came out. Please use some common sense when posting, especially when bringing up an issue that I did not talk about. Sony did cheat people out of otherOS and i support their actions but they did cross a line and if they get owned then i'm all for it. Geonubz had no reason to do what he did, especially releasing the serial keys. If he wants fame, he should try something else. That's what I'm talking about. He didn't do shit for COD so I really don't know wtf you are talking about.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo