02-23-2011, 03:12 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a question and i know is going to be a noob question. But i am thinking about buying a ps3 from gamestop within the next week,what is the chance that it will be 3.55? Also, if it is 3.55 or under, can i mod it and go online? Also, what is the chance of me getting banned? Thanks Smile
02-23-2011, 03:21 AM #2
Nero.
Space Ninja
Originally posted by kill1nu View Post
I have a question and i know is going to be a noob question. But i am thinking about buying a ps3 from gamestop within the next week,what is the chance that it will be 3.55? Also, if it is 3.55 or under, can i mod it and go online? Also, what is the chance of me getting banned? Thanks Smile

well
i dont know if gamestop would be on 3.55 they get new ps3s all the time so your best bet would be to go with walmart
also if it is on 3.55 you can hack it
im pretty sure there is still a way to go online but i would buy 2 ps3s one on 3.56 and one on 3.55 cfw just incase one gets banned plus im guessing you are wanting to hack mw2 like everyone else?
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM #3
Originally posted by austinr00 View Post
well
i dont know if gamestop would be on 3.55 they get new ps3s all the time so your best bet would be to go with walmart
also if it is on 3.55 you can hack it
im pretty sure there is still a way to go online but i would buy 2 ps3s one on 3.56 and one on 3.55 cfw just incase one gets banned plus im guessing you are wanting to hack mw2 like everyone else?

Well the only place i can get it is gamestop, because i have gift cards, i recently spent alot of my money :( Also, MW2 would be one of the games, but i am sure there are many more things to do with a ps3 that can run homebrew. The thing is, i recently moved from new york to Tennesse(spelling?) and i would think that i alot of people wouldn't be buying that many ps3 from gamestop. Also, do you think i could ask if it was 3.55? Or would they not know? Or is there a way to check without opening the box in the store?

Thanks for being nice with your response, i expected someone to be a douche to me for being a noob. I have lurked NGU for a while, and finally decided to sign up.
02-23-2011, 12:21 PM #4
gola
OVER 9000!
I have a question and i know is going to be a noob question. But i am thinking about buying a ps3 from gamestop within the next week,what is the chance that it will be 3.55? Also, if it is 3.55 or under, can i mod it and go online? Also, what is the chance of me getting banned? Thanks Smile

Definitely do NOT buy from a games store if you want an older firmware PS3, they sell alot more and also restock alot more games consoles including PS3's than say Target.

Buy a PS3 from somewhere like target and I can just about guarantee you it will be 3.55.

Also, sony aren't really banning anyone atm, just warning everyone who uses PSN.
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM #5
Nero.
Space Ninja
Well the only place i can get it is gamestop, because i have gift cards, i recently spent alot of my money :( Also, MW2 would be one of the games, but i am sure there are many more things to do with a ps3 that can run homebrew. The thing is, i recently moved from new york to Tennesse(spelling?) and i would think that i alot of people wouldn't be buying that many ps3 from gamestop. Also, do you think i could ask if it was 3.55? Or would they not know? Or is there a way to check without opening the box in the store?

Thanks for being nice with your response, i expected someone to be a douche to me for being a noob. I have lurked NGU for a while, and finally decided to sign up.

okay if you ask they will say
"why does it matter?" plus how would they know? they dont open them they just get it
i mean i would sell those gift cards and buy one from walmart if i was you....
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM #6
I'm pretty sure GameStop would have newer PS3 Systems, which means 3.56 FW. If you ask, they might get suspicious, but then again if they want to know why, just make up some stupid story about how there's something wrong with your internet connection and it can only run 3.55 FW. (Which is when you run out of the store with your new PS3 in-hand and leave the money on the counter.) Anyways, I'm pretty sure they've come out with yet ANOTHER way to bypass the 3.56 FW Update, (Of course, AFTER I update.) so if you were lucky enough to get a PS3 System with 3.55 FW, you'd be in the safe zone. But overall, I would say the best bet would be to check Target, Wal-Mart, or maybe even K-Mart. Good Luck. Cool Man (aka Tustin):y:

P.S. The chances of getting banned are pretty slim if you only use the MW2 Hacks. The Homebrew, on the other hand, is another story. Sony is all over Homebrew Hackers like a sunburn on a 450 lb. man.
Last edited by iiTriikkz ; 02-23-2011 at 02:28 PM.
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM #7
Nero.
Space Ninja
Originally posted by iiTriikkz View Post
I'm pretty sure GameStop would have newer PS3 Systems, which means 3.56 FW. If you ask, they might get suspicious, but then again if they want to know why, just make up some stupid story about how there's something wrong with your internet connection and it can only run 3.55 FW. (Which is when you run out of the store with your new PS3 in-hand and leave the money on the counter.) Anyways, I'm pretty sure they've come out with yet ANOTHER way to bypass the 3.56 FW Update, (Of course, AFTER I update.) so if you were lucky enough to get a PS3 System with 3.55 FW, you'd be in the safe zone. But overall, I would say the best bet would be to check Target, Wal-Mart, or maybe even K-Mart. Good Luck. Cool Man (aka Tustin):y:

P.S. The chances of getting banned are pretty slim if you only use the MW2 Hacks. The Homebrew, on the other hand, is another story. Sony is all over Homebrew Hackers like a sunburn on a 450 lb. man.

dude, umm thats pretty much what i said
plus dont ask
they have NO CLUE what firmware it is on they dont open it if they did they would have to consider it used
02-23-2011, 08:44 PM #8
Originally posted by austinr00 View Post
dude, umm thats pretty much what i said
plus dont ask
they have NO CLUE what firmware it is on they dont open it if they did they would have to consider it used

Yes, you did say some of that. I just summed up what all I have understood and/or heard. No reason to get touchy. Cool Man (aka Tustin)
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM #9
Well, like i said, i only have Gamestop gift cards, and i do not think anyone would purchase $450 dollars worth of gamestop gift cards and i would not sell them cheaper than $440, i dont have much money right now. And do you think because i live in Tennesse i would have a better chance of getting 3.55? I don't think many people here would buy PS3's(no offense to any southern people) also, if i did get a 3.56 could i mod? if not, in the near future do you guys think i will be able to?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo