Post: [b]anyboady wanting to update to 3.56 try this please[/b]
02-24-2011, 04:40 PM #1
MRS14T3R
IM IN SONY HQ SPYING ;P
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK SO I'M WANTING SOME1 TO TRY THIS FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY BACKS UPS ON OFW 3.56 IF THIS WORKS U WILL BE A HERO Outie

OK B4 U UPDATE You must login or register to view this content.
THANKS TO LOTUS321

INSTALL THE BOOT TO XMB USING HIS TUT

NOW UPDATE AND SEE IF UR STILL ABLE TO BOOT THE BACK UP WITHOUT ANY MANGERS BECAUSE IF U THINK ABOUT IT U BOOT THE PSN GAMES OF OF XMB SO Y COULDN'T U BOOT BACKS UPS STRAIGHT FROM THE XMB PLEASE TRY AND GET BK TOME THANKS

OR IF ANYBODY ALREADY NOSE THIS WONT WORK LET ME KNOW THANKS AGAIN
02-24-2011, 04:43 PM #2
kuruptaz
Pokemon Trainer
Prolly won't work jus like all the other homebrew that you can't boot from the XMB, be cool if it did though
02-24-2011, 04:44 PM #3
MRS14T3R
IM IN SONY HQ SPYING ;P
Originally posted by kuruptaz View Post
Prolly won't work jus like all the other homebrew that you can't boot from the XMB, be cool if it did though
thats what i mean has any1 actully tryed this ?
or if there was somw way to change a psn eboot so it would boot a full game would be ace
02-24-2011, 04:49 PM #4
skeezymofo
Pokemon Trainer
I think the cod 4 pkg is sighed for 3.55 so it should work on 3.55OFW but it shouldn't work on ofw 3.56
02-24-2011, 04:54 PM #5
MRS14T3R
IM IN SONY HQ SPYING ;P
so u no wen u update does it automatically change the sighed pkg lets say for instance u have burn zombie burn wich u downloaded of psn dose the signed pkg change to 3.56
if so y is it not possible to trick the update into thinking its legit like if u mod a eboot from a legit psn game to work with a backup manger would that sign the manger to 3.56 ?
i may sound a bit dumb but im only trying to help :P
02-24-2011, 04:55 PM #6
Kush Friendly
Why don't you try it before you post...?
02-24-2011, 04:55 PM #7
Originally posted by lissa123 View Post
OK SO I'M WANTING SOME1 TO TRY THIS FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY BACKS UPS ON OFW 3.56 IF THIS WORKS U WILL BE A HERO Outie

OK B4 U UPDATE You must login or register to view this content.
THANKS TO LOTUS321

INSTALL THE BOOT TO XMB USING HIS TUT

NOW UPDATE AND SEE IF UR STILL ABLE TO BOOT THE BACK UP WITHOUT ANY MANGERS BECAUSE IF U THINK ABOUT IT U BOOT THE PSN GAMES OF OF XMB SO Y COULDN'T U BOOT BACKS UPS STRAIGHT FROM THE XMB PLEASE TRY AND GET BK TOME THANKS

OR IF ANYBODY ALREADY NOSE THIS WONT WORK LET ME KNOW THANKS AGAIN

This won't work because it hasn't been signed for 3.56 all that will happen is an error code will pop up. 0% chance of working
02-24-2011, 04:58 PM #8
MRS14T3R
IM IN SONY HQ SPYING ;P
Originally posted by 20 View Post
Why don't you try it before you post...?

because i only have 1 ps3 this is ment for people with more than 1 should put that on post really lol

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Originally posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
This won't work because it hasn't been signed for 3.56 all that will happen is an error code will pop up. 0% chance of working

read the post above urs couldn't we get it to do that ?
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM #9
Originally posted by lissa123 View Post
because i only have 1 ps3 this is ment for people with more than 1 should put that on post really lol

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

read the post above urs couldn't we get it to do that ?

The reason why it won't work is because the .pkg isn't actually properly signed, it's signed using a pair of static keys which will only work for a certain firmware. Normal psn games are not signed with a pair of static keys and that lets them continue to play on other firmwares.

The following user thanked MCPADDINGTON for this useful post:

MRS14T3R
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM #10
MRS14T3R
IM IN SONY HQ SPYING ;P
Originally posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
The reason why it won't work is because the .pkg isn't actually properly signed, it's signed using a pair of static keys which will only work for a certain firmware. Normal psn games are not signed with a pair of static keys and that lets them continue to play on other firmwares.

so as any1 figured out what allows the legit psn games to run on any firmware cause if its some sort of code surly we cud use it ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo