04-26-2009, 05:38 PM #1
daddar
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I used to use net tools for my lagging but it was too difficult to click the buttons ingame. so i decided to make a lagswitch.
the problem is that i dont have a modem so the only way to connect the lagswitch is from the wireless router to the ps3. when i flick it on i disconnect straightaway, even after entering the correct settings.
Can anyone please help me?!?!
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM #2
leukotic
Climbing up the ladder
I just posted this in the other thread where you posted...but I'll re-reply it here.

So you have one of those dual-routers where its a modem and router in one? Sadly, based on my own experience, there isn't much you can do besides what foolness mentioned, but even that will be very minor lag increase if anything at all.

The absolute key with lag is doing it behind a router, because when you sever the connection in front of the router, it drops the PS3's IP to protect the rest of the network, which means you lose connection to the PSN. When its done behind the router, the IP is left in tact (for longer at least) and lets you do a little more before the PS3 (or router) realize something isn't right.

If you do not have a dual router/modem...then you must have something besides just a router. Because routers in general (non-dual purpose ones) do not make the internet connection (for lack of better words), they are not designed to do that.
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM #3
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by leukotic View Post
I just posted this in the other thread where you posted...but I'll re-reply it here.

So you have one of those dual-routers where its a modem and router in one? Sadly, based on my own experience, there isn't much you can do besides what foolness mentioned, but even that will be very minor lag increase if anything at all.

The absolute key with lag is doing it behind a router, because when you sever the connection in front of the router, it drops the PS3's IP to protect the rest of the network, which means you lose connection to the PSN. When its done behind the router, the IP is left in tact (for longer at least) and lets you do a little more before the PS3 (or router) realize something isn't right.

If you do not have a dual router/modem...then you must have something besides just a router. Because routers in general (non-dual purpose ones) do not make the internet connection (for lack of better words), they are not designed to do that.

Exacly GJ +rep and i recommend you +rep him as well exacly what I would have said without the grammar xD
05-22-2009, 11:49 AM #4
ok just wondering if any body can help me but i have three different lag switchs ones a light switch the secound ones a toggle and the thireds a stand by push button the question is that the one stopd working please email me at [email][email protected][/email] with any help think you
05-22-2009, 06:02 PM #5
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
I only handle on ngu website
05-23-2009, 02:35 PM #6
daddar
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by wolfhound17 View Post
ok just wondering if any body can help me but i have three different lag switchs ones a light switch the secound ones a toggle and the thireds a stand by push button the question is that the one stopd working please email me at [email][email protected][/email] with any help think you

My solution to my problem has been solved so you can close this. But to wolfhound, read all of the other threads or make your own.
Thanks for your help everyone!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo