03-09-2011, 08:06 PM #1
Mr.Kane
Greatness
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
I had an idea, dont flame or post I am stupid things like this ect.. as I wanted to share it, its not the best idea but it was a thought.

Has the theme icon for "Install Package Files" been found? if it has when would happen if we modified it? would there be a way to add it to the XMB from a theme? We wouldn't be adding something new to the theme only making a file already there visible.

Thank you. Please post your opinions and theorys.
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM #2
Wondoh
Former Staff
You could add the logo but as for modding i highly doubt it im afraid.
Or if you mean as in once the image is there it may allow use of it?
I dont think the ps3 would recognise it
:( good theory tho
03-09-2011, 08:13 PM #3
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by WonderMan. View Post
You could add the logo but as for modding i highly doubt it im afraid.
Or if you mean as in once the image is there it may allow use of it?
I dont think the ps3 would recognise it
:( good theory tho

Needs a more in depth look i think, was a thought I had a few days ago but did not want to post incase I was stupid.
03-09-2011, 08:16 PM #4
Saul
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Both app_home and install packages use the standard folder icon for albums "tex_album_icon", they are enabled by adding stuff to dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_game.xml and dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_game_tool2.xml

If you are wondering about the star, that is just done with text, which you can see if you unpack explore_plugin_full.rco

You must login or register to view this content.
03-09-2011, 08:17 PM #5
yes i could use theme builder and if i has the image file i could put it as a icon quite easily but on 3.56 it wouldnt do anything and on 3.55 it would be useless
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM #6
Wondoh
Former Staff
Originally posted by Mr.KANE View Post
Needs a more in depth look i think, was a thought I had a few days ago but did not want to post incase I was stupid.

Yh i can see this being used to make fake custom firmware vids tho lol
Overall tho the ps3 will find it to just be an image. To actually make it use the same features as install package seems pretty impossible since i dont think you can add new sections into theme templates

If any of what i just said made any sense Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo