06-09-2009, 02:34 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I need help with installing Linux Yellow Dog version 5.0. I was trying to follow Outsider's Tut on installing Yellow Dog. I got to the part where you had to install linux and the text was scrolling down the screen really fast. The Tut said that I should have gotten a kboot text prompt and I did... But after that, it said that there were no UDF-Fs found and it said that about three times as the text was scrolling down and then it said "system cleanup (closing event mask)" and it was like all of a sudden somebody unplugged the AV cables from my TV (which is an HD TV in case that might be a part of the problem or be a clue that would help solve the problem....) and my TV wouldn't recognize that the PS3 was plugged in.:confused:(And yes, my PS3 was still on...) I would really appreciate it if somebody could provide any info. as to why this is happening because I really need that Linux on my PS3. It is probably just something stupid and little that I'm doing wrong... I do that often. lol... Thanks to whoever posts any info. I really do appreciate any help that anyone can provide...

Sincerely,
HeartofaSpartan

P.S. I am a bit of a noob to this whole hacking/modding thing.
Last edited by HeartofaSpartan ; 06-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.
06-09-2009, 02:59 PM #2
fraz422
PS3 Guru
The whole yellow dog linux is a bit old. There is much newer build so if its a hd tv it may have a new build.
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM #3
Are you saying that I should get new linux or something... I don't NEED Yellow dog, I just need an OS on my PS3 that will work well because my PC is HORRIBLE. Could you give me a newer version that's free if thats what I need?
06-09-2009, 03:07 PM #4
fraz422
PS3 Guru
You must login or register to view this content. try mine , you dont even need to format.
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM #5
Sweet, man... thnks
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM #6
fraz422
PS3 Guru
cool glad i help.Closed: Question Answered

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo