Post: Mathieulh: QA Flagged Ps3 - Enable Hidden Firmware Option ( Means CFW On Steroids)
05-14-2011, 02:14 AM #1
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); member a few weeks ago Mathieulh released a video of the QA flagged PS3? To refresh your memories; the QA flag is the internal console flag used by Sony, it enables hidden options and removes restrictions for both retail and debug consoles alike. It is used for QA centers and the R&Awesome face Department (there are 2 levels of QA flags, Minimum and Advanced). In short it could lead to a complete open PS3…and yes all the CFW, homebrew and backup manager your little heart desires.

You must login or register to view this content.

Well the method of how to “QA flag” your PS3 was never posted/revealed but since then plenty of hints have been given in attempts for the “scene”, and one of the first steps was to figure out the secret button combo. Well after weeks of people trying and moaning, the man behind the emulators – squarepusher 2 has released/posted information on exactly what that button combo was. Noobs do not try this – the guide below is still a work in progress and QA flag button combo is the icing on the cake.
How to QA Flag your PS3, the button combo:

1. Be on 3.55 OFW (no rebug): You must login or register to view this content.
2.Move the PS3 cursor/select “Network Setting“
3.Punch the following button combo with your PS3 controller: L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Dow
4. Thats it, the “Edy Viewer”, “Debug Settings”, “Install Package” Menu will now appear.
Notes and disclaimers:

Install Package is useless and can’t install homebrew at the moment – only signed PKGs (and the first one in root of USB only).
This is not all that is needed to QA flag your PS3, but its a big start for the community – we still need all the pieces to fully QA flag the PS3 and its the scenes job to “figure out the rest”.

Thanks to munky875821417 for news tip.

enjoy source ps3hax.com
Last edited by Stack0verfl0w ; 06-22-2011 at 02:26 AM.

The following 30 users say thank you to Stack0verfl0w for this useful post:

Alfa, AMNE, Arman M., b0snian, bryanakabid, Dante., DaveedDB, gamer89117, gunhead88, iDontExist, IRISH-SHAM1, jsonnerrr, Kallen, Karoolus, khalids19, killa skillz, kuruptaz, LIGHTDARKYIN, MateoGodlike, Monster-Energy, Norman, pooponme, PS3FFviewer, SavageRising, stuartlittle98, Swade, thabeast_32, UnTaMeD-KiD, vit., Wfloydboy16
05-14-2011, 02:21 AM #2
Goblom
Gym leader
all we need to do now is find out the button combo

The following user thanked Goblom for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon
05-14-2011, 02:24 AM #3
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by Goblom View Post
all we need to do now is find out the button combo

this could be the future to downgrading as kakarotoks says

The following 3 users say thank you to Stack0verfl0w for this useful post:

bryanakabid, iDontExist, PS3FFviewer
05-14-2011, 02:24 AM #4
ARVINLOCOx
Who’s Jim Erased?
Unmodifies fw downgrade and warez.?

An he won't release it ......
I really hate that douchebag he's just a tease

The following 6 users say thank you to ARVINLOCOx for this useful post:

djhazardous, jannu22, maradragon, pspdoggy1, Stugger, STyLe_JapaN
05-14-2011, 02:24 AM #5
Goblom
Gym leader
Originally posted by i
this could be the future to downgrading as kakarotoks says

as well as installing packages without the need to jailbreak. Smile
05-14-2011, 02:31 AM #6
Pillar2365
I use to give free rep :/
Nice post, I was about to do it myself.

Mathieulh won't release anyway, he doesn't want to have Sony up his ass 24/7. We must rely on someone else, with this little bit of knowledge it can help us.

The following user thanked Pillar2365 for this useful post:

ZachFean
05-14-2011, 02:33 AM #7
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by Goblom View Post
as well as installing packages without the need to jailbreak. Smile[/QUOTE if we had this it would be the end he is shellfish it could take someone a month and 23 days to figured this out if we knew were to implement the button sequence

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Originally posted by Pillar2365 View Post
Nice post, I was about to do it myself.

Mathieulh won't release anyway, he doesn't want to have Sony up his ass 24/7. We must rely on someone else, with this little bit of knowledge it can help us.

how could they sue psn is down were bored it there he should sue them it the same as geohot he didn't use psn what hell it down people should sue and mod it however they want

The following 3 users say thank you to Stack0verfl0w for this useful post:

bryanakabid, iDontExist, PS3FFviewer
05-14-2011, 02:33 AM #8
Joshhyyy-
I defeated!
Originally posted by i
While the PS3 scene is slow now a days and some of you are dreading for the return of PSN, Mathieulh has posted some interesting discoveries on his Twitter. Mathieulh has managed to QA Flag his PS3 and show the hidden options available for it. Before I go on, most of you are probably wondering what in the world does QA Flagged mean?

You must login or register to view this content.

To quote:

QA flag is the internal console flag used by Sony, it enables hidden options and removes restrictions for both retail and debug consoles alike. It is used for QA centers and the R&Awesome face Department, there are 2 levels of QA flags, Minimum and Advanced, this console has been set to the Advanced one.

Now Mathieulh has come out and said that he will not be telling us how he did this, but nonetheless very cool and it will be interesting to see where this will lead to.

To quote video description:

I just QA flagged my Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition console and I thought I’d show you the hidden options for the sake of it. (and because I was bored)

I am sorry for the unstable camera, I only have two hands and the options are hidden and require (along with the actual flag) a crazy button combo to pop up. (I kid you not)

Sorry I am not telling you how to do this, please do not ask.

Yes, this video is real

Here are some interesting Tweets made regarding this:

Mathieulh Mathieulh:
@dantezteam It’s an UNMODIFIED RETAIL FIRMWARE.

@KaKaRoToKS For various reasons, one of them being that you can warez with this, and the flag stays even after updating.

@KaKaRoToKS The QA flag happens to remove a bunch of restrictions that have the side effect of preventing you to warez.

@dantezteam The console is QA flagged, The firmware checks for this flag and will enable special features when it finds it.

@dantezteam Basically it’s what Sony themselves use to allow special debugging on their consoles and loosen restrictions.

@KaKaRoToKS By the way, Advanced QA flag enables downgrading, just my 2 cents… xD

+REP IF USEFUL

y do u always ask for rep?
05-14-2011, 02:34 AM #9
kingpukka
Do a barrel roll!
Mathieulh you are the coolest douchebag ever! I don't like you. :black:

The following 3 users say thank you to kingpukka for this useful post:

Goblom, maradragon, thabeast_32
05-14-2011, 02:40 AM #10
Pillar2365
I use to give free rep :/
Well we thought the same thing with Geohot and graf. Sony thinks that they still own our consoles even if we have paid for it.

Its not selfish, Mathieulh is a highly respected dev, if he chooses to not release what he has its up to him. I myself would love to have it also but I'm not going to get pissed at him about it. Also, Mathieulh saying " I was bored won't stand up in court.
Originally posted by i
as well as installing packages without the need to jailbreak. Smile[/QUOTE if we had this it would be the end he is shellfish it could take someone a month and 23 days to figured this out if we knew were to implement the button sequence

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

how could they sue psn is down were bored it there he should sue them it the same as geohot he didn't use psn what hell it down people should sue and mod it however they want

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo