Post: blu ray drive bypass firmware for people with broken/no bd drive
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM #1
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); did this for people who constantly p.m any way to load firmware with bad blu ray drive here it is enjoy
bluray-drive-bypass firmwares and some unbrick explanations

list of firmware bypassed meaning not needing a blu ray drive to use Smile
1. Rebug cfw BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
2. Watungrza 3.55 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
3. KMEAW 3.55 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE BDB 3.55:You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.
4. 3.55 OFFICAL BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
5. 3.41 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
6. 3.15 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.

Now in steps, we try this first if you are in a loop.

1. Power of the console, no lights on.

2. Take the HDD out the console

3. Put HDD on youre pc ( get a housing for it and usb it on youre pc something like this EXAMPLE ), i had mine for 10 euro, after the fix you can always use it, i bought a hdd for it 320gig for 40 euro , (or put it in a laptop if it fits, format it there , and take it out )

4. Get somekind of program for formatting the HDD , i used EASEUS Partition Master, format the HDD in ntfs and use primary.

5. Put the HDD back in the console, dont turn it on yet.

6. Take a USBstick, and format it to fat32 ,

7. Make a folder on the root of the usbstick named PS3, open that folder, and make in that folder , the folder UPDATE, in that folder UPDATE you put the firmware of this link DBD 3.55 File name: You must login or register to view this content.

8. Put the usbstick in the right usb port of youre console, nothing else in the other ports.

9. Power it on and keep the button pushed till it beeps 2 times, then release, try again if it beeps one time and goes to xmb, or beeps once and goes off.

If it beeps 2 times and you release button , then after a few seconds it asked for a connected controller, then you can choose the update option.

Hope it works if not try in the loop to remove the HDD, format it and put it back then try the firmware again in recovery mode, try different firmware, maybe the one you had last, but use always the BDB versions.

After installing the ofw 3.55BDB fw you want to try the custom firmwares, install those ones same way or thru factory mode, for me it didnt worked on the normal way thru xmb menu.
ps remember you always need the BDB versions to update or downgrade thru recovery or factory mode or if you use the others you get a loop on 76 %,or get a red screen because of the check for a good working bluray logic board, it will only work when install thru recovery menu, most of the times it says the pup is damaged when you try to do it thru the xmb menu.
s6

YOu can make a BDB firmware by yourself, its easy if you follow warren guide and the links to the keys. Only need a ofw firmware of sony.

I used the package from warren from his guide
Download this BDB package: You must login or register to view this content.
The Guide Warren wrote to patch a CFW: You must login or register to view this content.
Guide warren:You must login or register to view this content.

You must put your keys in: "C:/PS3/.ps3"
You can't rename a folder with a "." at the beginning of the name, so you must download a pack with a folder already named and extract it in your home (c:/PS3 in your case).
pS3KEYS --->You must login or register to view this content.

CURRENTLY WORKING ON Q&A FLAG FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT BD DRIVE Smile

Here is were you can find what blu ray drive you need you need :
Last edited by Stack0verfl0w ; 08-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to Stack0verfl0w for this useful post:

Amir-Habeeb, forcer911, HIvkid, Implicit, MarioDaKid, olboijoe, saltboy, TechMemphis, The Rangers, xRafiq-,
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM #2
xRafiq-
Pedobear
thanks for tut very useful
06-27-2011, 06:36 PM #3
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by xRafiq
thanks for tut very useful

your welcome my next step is creating a q&a flag BDB
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM #4
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Very useful, I'm using a broken blu ray PS3, and have resorted to having nothing but the logic board plugged in to launch homebrew Happy
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM #5
JonnyWilson_1
J O N N Y W I L S O N 1
Yea thats good but i dont evan have a logic bored so i need some1 to do 1 where i can lunch homebrew without it. or evan qa flag my ps3 without t it
06-27-2011, 08:09 PM #6
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
Very useful, I'm using a broken blu ray PS3, and have resorted to having nothing but the logic board plugged in to launch homebrew Happy

gizmo stick this is something most people encounter and need this i get spammed with this

The following user groaned Stack0verfl0w for this awful post:

ryan saa
06-27-2011, 08:54 PM #7
can u run backup games this way with out the disk tho that is what we should make
]
06-27-2011, 08:55 PM #8
MoosE Music
Bounty hunter
Very useful! Big ups to you mate :y: Well written as well Smile
06-27-2011, 09:04 PM #9
olboijoe
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Holy
did this for people who constantly p.m any way to load firmware with bad blu ray drive here it is enjoy
bluray-drive-bypass firmwares and some unbrick explanations

list of firmware bypassed meaning not needing a blu ray drive to use Smile
1. Rebug cfw BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
2. Watungrza 3.55 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
3. KMEAW 3.55 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE BDB 3.55:You must login or register to view this content.
4. 3.55 OFFICAL BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
5. 3.41 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.
6. 3.15 BDB: You must login or register to view this content.

Now in steps, we try this first if you are in a loop.

1. Power of the console, no lights on.

2. Take the HDD out the console

3. Put HDD on youre pc ( get a housing for it and usb it on youre pc something like this EXAMPLE ), i had mine for 10 euro, after the fix you can always use it, i bought a hdd for it 320gig for 40 euro , (or put it in a laptop if it fits, format it there , and take it out )

4. Get somekind of program for formatting the HDD , i used EASEUS Partition Master, format the HDD in ntfs and use primary.

5. Put the HDD back in the console, dont turn it on yet.

6. Take a USBstick, and format it to fat32 ,

7. Make a folder on the root of the usbstick named PS3, open that folder, and make in that folder , the folder UPDATE, in that folder UPDATE you put the firmware of this link DBD 3.55 File name: You must login or register to view this content.

8. Put the usbstick in the right usb port of youre console, nothing else in the other ports.

9. Power it on and keep the button pushed till it beeps 2 times, then release, try again if it beeps one time and goes to xmb, or beeps once and goes off.

If it beeps 2 times and you release button , then after a few seconds it asked for a connected controller, then you can choose the update option.

Hope it works if not try in the loop to remove the HDD, format it and put it back then try the firmware again in recovery mode, try different firmware, maybe the one you had last, but use always the BDB versions.

After installing the ofw 3.55BDB fw you want to try the custom firmwares, install those ones same way or thru factory mode, for me it didnt worked on the normal way thru xmb menu.
ps remember you always need the BDB versions to update or downgrade thru recovery or factory mode or if you use the others you get a loop on 76 %,or get a red screen because of the check for a good working bluray logic board, it will only work when install thru recovery menu, most of the times it says the pup is damaged when you try to do it thru the xmb menu.
s6

YOu can make a BDB firmware by yourself, its easy if you follow warren guide and the links to the keys. Only need a ofw firmware of sony.

I used the package from warren from his guide
Download this BDB package: You must login or register to view this content.
The Guide Warren wrote to patch a CFW: You must login or register to view this content.
Guide warren:You must login or register to view this content.

You must put your keys in: "C:/PS3/.ps3"
You can't rename a folder with a "." at the beginning of the name, so you must download a pack with a folder already named and extract it in your home (c:/PS3 in your case).
pS3KEYS --->You must login or register to view this content.

CURRENTLY WORKING ON Q&A FLAG FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT BD DRIVE Smile

Thank you and i've got a lil question i was wondering.
i have 2 ps3s with broken blu ray drives and a lil while ago i tried updating :/ me being a noob at this time and they're both stuck in the loop :(.if i do this will this get them back on the playstation home screen thingy ?
sorry if i've confused you plese reply asap Smile
06-27-2011, 09:08 PM #10
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by olboijoe View Post
i have 2 ps3s with broken blu ray drives and a lil while ago i tried updating :/ me being a noob at this time and they're both stuck in the loop :(.if i do this will this get them back on the playstation home screen thingy ?

yup Smile you will

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by olboijoe View Post

here a step how to do it
you do the update wile it at 5% un plug the hard drive then let it go till it bring you to do update by select and press start like recovery mode and plug in the bdb firmware

The following user thanked Stack0verfl0w for this useful post:

olboijoe

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo