Post: How to Play Modern Warfare 1 and 2 from Internal Hdd
08-02-2011, 12:48 AM #1
Implicit
Elite Gamer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I´ve been seen a lot of questions about that some people can´t get to work Modern Warfare 1 or Modern Warfare 2 ,This is because those games only work on External Hdd, but I´ll show you how to get them working.
First You need Download this things:
-PS3SFOEdit You must login or register to view this content.
-Modern Warfare 1 Files You must login or register to view this content.
-Modern Warfare 2 Files You must login or register to view this content.
-Multiman 2.03.00 Base You must login or register to view this content. or Full You must login or register to view this content.
and BDEMU v2 You must login or register to view this content.

Before to start You HAVE TO download Multiman 2.03.00 or If you have version 2.02.00 it also works with that
version(If you the European version skip this steps:
Ok, Let´s begin now:
1.I´m going to take like an example Modern Warfare 2 but it´s the same process to those games, first you need to copy
the Param.sfo of you game(BLUS30377\PS3_GAME) and paste it on your desktop, Now what you are going to do is open
it with PS3SFOEditor( Note*When you open the file it says that it has some bugs and it´s a beta version just click on
"Ok".It´ll look like this :
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10544[/ATTACH]

2.Once you opened it , You´ll change the Id version of the game to this version BLES00687 like this and Reemplace it with the original one located on BLUS30377\PS3_GAME and change the name of the folder to BLES00687:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10543[/ATTACH]

Remember if you have the european don´t do those steps now after you done with that
1.1 If you have some installed from the game( game data) please delete it , Now Start Multiman 2.02 or 2.03 and
Press start with select(It´ll start the file explorer) , We will have to search our game in the folder GAMEZ or GAMES(I
don´t know how you named :P )

2.2 Once You find your game , open it and go to the folder PS3_GAME and we´re going to press "O" and we choose
"Shadow for pkg game", It´ll ask you something just say "Yes"

3. Now you have to connect your ps3 via Ftp and navigate to this route dev_hdd0/game and delete the new folder with the name of the id of you game in this case BLES00687.

4.Extract the Winrar File and You will see a these files "default.self" and "default_mp.self" , You have to copy both of
them and paste them on this route dev_hdd0/G/E00687/USRDIR and Reemplace the origianl Eboot.bin with the one of
the package(BLES00687\PS3_GAME\USRDIR) and finally just load the game with any loader( Multiman,Gaia or Open
Manager) Note* If it doesn´t work at the first time use Fix Permissions

Now For Call of Duty 4 I won´t write all the tutorial again , I´m just going to tell you the Id of the version that you
have to rename it(Just for American versions) to BLES00155 the Param.SFO and the folder of your backup remember
that,You will see three files "EBOOT_MP.BIN" ,"EBOOT_SP.BIN" and "EBOOT.BIN" , first you going to copy the firsts
ones two files "EBOOT_MP.BIN" and "EBOOT_SP.BIN" and paste them on this route dev_hdd0/G/E00155/USRDIR You
have to overwrite them and Reemplace the "EBOOT.BIN" with the original one of our backup

Tested and working on Rebug 3.55.2
Thanks to hi im travis for testing this on Kmeaw and confirms that it also works on that Custom Firmware
Last edited by Implicit ; 08-03-2011 at 03:25 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Implicit for this useful post:

Imtravvy, Stack0verfl0w
08-02-2011, 10:47 AM #2
king waz
Bounty hunter
does this actually work?
08-02-2011, 11:50 AM #3
shaneod
I defeated!
Originally posted by king
does this actually work?

Originally posted by xXSiNn3rXx View Post

08-03-2011, 12:52 AM #4
Implicit
Elite Gamer
Originally posted by shaneod View Post

Lmao I don´t if it works on other Cfw I tested with that one
08-03-2011, 03:15 AM #5
comfirmed working by myself in kmeaw :y:

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I´ve been seen a lot of questions about that some people can´t get to work Modern Warfare 1 or Modern Warfare 2 ,This is because those games only work on External Hdd, but I´ll show you how to get them working.

forgot to quote
08-03-2011, 03:22 AM #6
Implicit
Elite Gamer
Originally posted by hi
comfirmed working by myself in kmeaw :y:

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

forgot to quote

Thanks for confirm that works on kmeaw too bro
08-03-2011, 03:55 AM #7
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Umm couldnt you always play backups off the HDD?
08-03-2011, 05:16 AM #8
Mr__Shalemari
Vault dweller
I´ve been seen a lot of questions about that some people can´t get to work Modern Warfare 1 or Modern Warfare 2 ,This is because those games only work on External Hdd, but I´ll show you how to get them working.
First You need Download this things:
-PS3SFOEdit You must login or register to view this content.
-Modern Warfare 1 Files You must login or register to view this content.
-Modern Warfare 2 Files You must login or register to view this content.
-Multiman 2.03.00 Base You must login or register to view this content. or Full You must login or register to view this content.
and BDEMU v2 You must login or register to view this content.

Before to start You HAVE TO download Multiman 2.03.00 or If you have version 2.02.00 it also works with that
version(If you the European version skip this steps:
Ok, Let´s begin now:
1.I´m going to take like an example Modern Warfare 2 but it´s the same process to those games, first you need to copy
the Param.sfo of you game(BLUS30377\PS3_GAME) and paste it on your desktop, Now what you are going to do is open
it with PS3SFOEditor( Note*When you open the file it says that it has some bugs and it´s a beta version just click on
"Ok".It´ll look like this :
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10544[/ATTACH]

2.Once you opened it , You´ll change the Id version of the game to this version BLES00687 like this and Reemplace it with the original one located on BLUS30377\PS3_GAME and change the name of the folder to BLES00687:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10543[/ATTACH]

Remember if you have the european don´t do those steps now after you done with that
1.1 If you have some installed from the game( game data) please delete it , Now Start Multiman 2.02 or 2.03 and
Press start with select(It´ll start the file explorer) , We will have to search our game in the folder GAMEZ or GAMES(I
don´t know how you named :P )

2.2 Once You find your game , open it and go to the folder PS3_GAME and we´re going to press "O" and we choose
"Shadow for pkg game", It´ll ask you something just say "Yes"

3. Now you have to connect your ps3 via Ftp and navigate to this route dev_hdd0/game and delete the new folder with the name of the id of you game in this case BLES00687.

4.Extract the Winrar File and You will see a these files "default.self" and "default_mp.self" , You have to copy both of
them and paste them on this route dev_hdd0/G/E00687/USRDIR and Reemplace the origianl Eboot.bin with the one of
the package(BLES00687\PS3_GAME\USRDIR) and finally just load the game with any loader( Multiman,Gaia or Open
Manager) Note* If it doesn´t work at the first time use Fix Permissions

Now For Call of Duty 4 I won´t write all the tutorial again , I´m just going to tell you the Id of the version that you
have to rename it(Just for American versions) to BLES00155 the Param.SFO and the folder of your backup remember
that,You will see three files "EBOOT_MP.BIN" ,"EBOOT_SP.BIN" and "EBOOT.BIN" , first you going to copy the firsts
ones two files "EBOOT_MP.BIN" and "EBOOT_SP.BIN" and paste them on this route dev_hdd0/G/E00155/USRDIR You
have to overwrite them and Reemplace the "EBOOT.BIN" with the original one of our backup

Thanks to hi im travis for testing this on Kmeaw and confirms that it also works on that Custom Firmware

do i need mw1 itself, the disk?
08-03-2011, 05:19 AM #9
Implicit
Elite Gamer
Originally posted by Shalemari View Post
do i need mw1 itself, the disk?

No this is for backups only
08-03-2011, 05:23 AM #10
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
Originally posted by TTTDutch View Post
Umm couldnt you always play backups off the HDD?

Nope. MW wasn't compatible through any form of HDD.

The following user thanked RavagedBoom for this useful post:

Ritztro

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo