[Tutorial] CEX2DEX using Rebug CFW4.21
CEX2DEX: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
EID Root Key Dumper: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dumping EID root key
First you need to dump your EID Root Key which can now be done on most CFW Version.
- Install and run the EID PKG for your CFW, the PS3 will just show a black screen and beep several times. You can now restart the PS3 and retrieve your eid_root_key from either:
/dev_hdd0/tmp/eid_root_key or for 4.xx in /dev_hdd0/game/FLTZ00010/USRDIR.
*You can now dump you EID Root Key directly via the Rebug Toolbox ( utilities > dump EID Root key )
You can do this on rebug CFW using the toolbox.
- Find the option "Export Flash to File", this will dump it to USB000 (right slot).
Converting your CEX dump to DEX
- First download and extract the c2d_openssl.rar to C:/ and install openSSL, this is required for c2d to work properly. Make sure you rename the folder to "openssl".
- Now take you eid_root_key and your NOR/NAND dump and place in the folder with c2d.
- Rename your original CEX dump to flashCEX.bin
- Add .bin extension to eid_root_key.
Should now have a folder like this:
- Open a CMD window in the current directory (CTRL+SHIFT + right click > Open a command window here)
c2d.exe eid_key_file.bin in_flash.bin out_flash.bin [target_id]
Should give you an output like this:
If you are unsure you have done it correctly, you can convert back to your original target ID (mine is 87)
Then compare this one with your original and they should match.
Switching to DEX using rebug CFW
Take your two dumps (flashCEX.bin + flashDEX.bin) and rename as below:
Rename your original CEX dump to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Rename your converted DEX dump to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (16mb) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (239mb or 256mb)
Then place in the directory of your USB storage drive and insert in PS3 on USB000 (right slot)
Load up Rebug Toolbox and first click the option:
A couple of warning boxes pop up, click YES to both.
Now Swap LV2 kernal, reboot and you are in DEX Mode within 10 seconds
Switching back to CEX
Very easy, simply rewrite target ID and it will auto swap lv2 kernal to CEX.
To access PSN in DEX mode, there is a feature in Rebug Toolbox to spoof IDPS. Choose EID5 and you will be able to sign in fine.
btw, if anything in this tut doesn't make sense - let me know so i can make it even more noob friendly.
How to get Online 4.21 DEX
Simply go to Rebug Toolbox > Utilities > Change Active PS3ID > EID5 CEX then go Sign in.