Post: [n00b4n00bTut] How to downgrade to Rebug 3.55.3 using ’999′ Downgrader
11-16-2012, 09:51 AM #1
moiz41510
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

-Intro-
As a noob myself, I thought I'd write this tutorial for my other n00bs on how to downgrade using the 3.55.3 '999' Downgrader firmwire. It might be the simplest process, but some people face some issues when using this process. So in hopes to solve these issues, here it is...

-PLEASE KEEP IN MIND-
If you had QA enabled before the upgrade from 3.55 to whichever CFW you are on, you do not need to use this, you can downgrade to 3.55.3 whenever you'd like.
For example, If you had QA enabled before you upgraded to 4.21.1 Rex, you can downgrade to 3.55.3 from 4.21.1 Rex whenever you want.

-Before we get started-

-This tut only applies to people who are currently on a CFW i.e. Rogero CFW, Rebug 4.21.1 Rex Edition, etc and want to downgrade to 3.55 CFW for whatever reason.
-If your on this thread hoping to downgrade while on any OFW 3.56 - 4.31+, please leave now as for the only way you can downgrade is with a You must login or register to view this content..

-Things needed-
PS3 running any CFW above 3.55
USB Flash Drive (1GB or more)

-Lets get started-
1) Take '999' Downgrader, rename the file to 'PS3UPDAT.PUP and place it in your USB flashdrive in such format: USB FLASH DRIVE > PS3 > UPDATE >PS3UPDAT.PUP

2) Connect the USB to the PS3

3) Go to your PS3's XMB, go to Settings > System Update > Update via Storage Media and update your system from there to the '999' Downgrader.

4) Once updated, Launch Rebug Toolbox and go all the way to the right to 'Utilities' and ensure 'Toggle QA Flag' is not on. Then exit out of the toolbox holding 'O' on the controller.

5) Now transfer the 'ToggleQA.pkg' to the root of your USB and put it back in the PS3.

6) Now on the XMB, under 'Game' go to 'Package Manager' > Install Package Files > Standard Package Location > click on the 'ToggleQA.pkg' and install.

7) Once installed, go back under Game and launch the newly installed ToggleQA homebrew.
*your PS3 should launch the homebrew with the screen staying black, and while the screen is black, your PS3 will beep 3 times and return back to your XMB. If this happened, ToggleQA was a success.*

8.) Take the 'Rebug 3.55.3 CFW', rename the file to 'PS3UPDAT.PUP and place it in your USB flashdrive in such format: USB FLASH DRIVE > PS3 > UPDATE >PS3UPDAT.PUP

*Before continuing to step 9, please understand that you should NEVER have a game in the PS3 while installing CFW when ToggleQA is set.

9) Ensuring you have no disc in the drive, take that USB and connect it to your PS3 and simply update your PS3 as we did in step 3
OR
You can update it in recovery mode which is done like this:
     1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

Now from there you can go to option 6 and update from there.

10) Once update is complete you should now be on 3.55 CFW!

-There might be simpler solutions to this, but I'm explaining what I did to make this work.-
-I'm not a pro at making tutorials, if I forgot something please let me know.-
-If you have any other points where you get stuck, please quote me below and I will try to assist you.-
-This might be a simple walk through for some, but some people noob or not face points at where they get stuck, and this was made for them. -
-You must login or register to view this content.-

OP:moiz41510
Last edited by moiz41510 ; 11-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.

The following 18 users say thank you to moiz41510 for this useful post:

B o n e, Bane., ContagiousModz, DaveedDB, FallofReach, fux, iiSNiPPEzZxX, JPClyde, Mango_Knife, mark1, Mr.Oppossum, OhioHoster, smoochy1993, suktesnutt, TG5112, riggstq, xLuCiDiTyZxHD, xTrue-Famex
11-16-2012, 10:04 AM #2
i downgraded about a few weeks to 3.55 .. and when i,m update to Rebug he gives me Erorr : The data corrupted
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM #3
moiz41510
Vault dweller
Originally posted by AnonHack View Post
i downgraded about a few weeks to 3.55 .. and when i,m update to Rebug he gives me Erorr : The data corrupted

did you use 999 downgrader to downgrade?
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM #4
Originally posted by moiz41510 View Post
did you use 999 downgrader to downgrade?

of course!
11-16-2012, 01:37 PM #5
iiAceHD
I am error
1 quick question. How do you do the 4.21 rebug?
11-16-2012, 04:00 PM #6
Hammy
[b]#Hammy4IMGPerms McCoy[/b]
Originally posted by iiAceHD View Post
1 quick question. How do you do the 4.21 rebug?

Don't be getting your hopes up thinking you can install it on 4.21.....because you can't.
11-16-2012, 05:40 PM #7
step 7-8 is there no button combo to enable??
11-16-2012, 05:54 PM #8
H41822
Banned
ehmmm??? lol
11-16-2012, 07:24 PM #9
THIS STAGE IS NOT NEEDED!!!

"8.) Remove the USB and connect back to your computer and quick format it, or simply erase everything on the drive."
Last edited by Keith Lemon ; 11-16-2012 at 08:03 PM.
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM #10
moiz41510
Vault dweller
Originally posted by AnonHack View Post
of course!

did you originally downgrade with a flasher? If so , is it still installed?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Originally posted by DaveedDB View Post
step 7-8 is there no button combo to enable??

with rebug fw, there is a debug setting under the Network option, so the key combination won't show extra options.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Originally posted by MaNUtD
THIS IS NOT NEEDED!!!

8.) Remove the USB and connect back to your computer and quick format it, or simply erase everything on the drive.

Originally posted by Nour
ehmmm??? lol

....What?? "_

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo