11-22-2012, 03:05 PM #1
mw3modderman
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Old Theory - sign into fake psn so you can get onto multiplayer servers without actually needing to be signed it.
New addition - so people are not messing with others stats, we mass produce psn accounts and delete the profile on your ps3, so we have access to a worthless account , but we would need several supporters making accounts.

"I still need an advasary to make a pkg for this."

Edit:
Whoever fixed my rep thank you!,thank you TIMEZ A BILLION ! THANK YOU!
I would have paid money for that.

Edit:

My Reply Quote to xxRICHTOFENxx:
Thanks you actually asissted my theory
Last edited by mw3modderman ; 11-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.
11-22-2012, 04:01 PM #2
You can't sign into a fake PSN yet still not being signed in. "sign into fake psn so you can get onto multiplayer servers without actually needing to be signed it."

That's like taking a bite out of an apple and spitting it out then glueing it back on so it looks new then selling it. Well, not really.
Plus it's impossible to pretend to be another user. If it ever will be possible, for some unknown exploit it would be client side, not server.

If you make it a little clearer maybe I'll reread what you're trying to say.
11-22-2012, 04:13 PM #3
shaneod
I defeated!
Originally posted by Insight View Post
You can't sign into a fake PSN yet still not being signed in. "sign into fake psn so you can get onto multiplayer servers without actually needing to be signed it."

That's like taking a bite out of an apple and spitting it out then glueing it back on so it looks new then selling it. Well, not really.
Plus it's impossible to pretend to be another user. If it ever will be possible, for some unknown exploit it would be client side, not server.

If you make it a little clearer maybe I'll reread what you're trying to say.

Originally posted by shaneod
I'm actually quite surprised at all the hate for this idea.
Of course, the likeliness of it being done is quite low.
However, anyone who has had a hacked ps3 for quite a while should know by now that if you logged into an account on the rc, sp-int, etc. servers with an account with the same name as an np username, quite a number of games, if their requests were redirected to the np servers, would assume you were using an np account, and allow you to play as that account.
It was quite harmful, as people could mess with each others stats on games, etc.
However..
Theoretically, if the psn server address info was being sent to was changed in the firmware, and someone set up a server, theoretically, shouldn't it work the same way the old Charles method did? Couldn't games be fooled into thinking that you're logged into a np psn account?

I don't see why it doesn't logically make sense.

Also, theoretically, if you modified the firmware, you probably Could pretend to be connected to a PSN account when you actually aren't, and do the same Charles method. He's right. It probably Wouldn't even require a server to be made.

Might help explaining it, minus the points about it being unsafe.

The following 2 users say thank you to shaneod for this useful post:

mw3modderman, shelim786
11-22-2012, 05:33 PM #4
mw3modderman
Gym leader
the point is not to use other users accounts, just too use accounts made by volunteers.
11-22-2012, 06:21 PM #5
H41822
Banned
xKaiLink!!!
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM #6
mw3modderman
Gym leader
but i want to play with others...
with multiplayer where I can actually make emblems and have real stats etc.
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM #7
Richtofen
Ze Doctor
what he's suggesting is something similar to Minecraft Cafe or w/e it was called, which uses secure donated accounts to allow anyone to play for free. It's not a terrible idea, but it's not a good idea either... people might do stupid shit and get them banned constantly, you know?

The following user thanked Richtofen for this useful post:

mw3modderman
11-22-2012, 11:12 PM #8
mw3modderman
Gym leader
Thats why we need a effecient advasary to make them secure.
(once someone is assigned an account it will permanent for that profile unless of course they reset it)
"So people arent assigned the same account, when an account is assigned a signal to a volunteer website could manage if that account is or is not already taken." Many NGU?
Thanks you actually asissted my theory

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo