Post: PS3 4.31 ofw to 4.30 Rogero cfw with a e3 flasher NO 3.55 needed
12-27-2012, 06:33 PM #1
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); UPDATE: HOW TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.30 Rogero NEVER ON 3.55

300XX and 400xx models are not downgradable, they have a different files running and do not have the same files that are modified to hack you older slims and phats.

300xx models can be backed up and rewritten but if modified in any way will not work.

you only need
*usb
*e3 flasher
*a dongle/ example: e3 card reader
old slim models below 250XX example 2501, 2502, 2503
e3 does not work on models below and starting at CECHG0x-CECHA0x example CECHA01, CECHG03 are nands

E3 flasher does not have to be plugged into the hdd slot to work, it receives all power from the nor clipped successfully to the nor.

files needed for safety and to proceed - You must login or register to view this content.
mirror links
ps3 usb links after e3 nor editing -
You must login or register to view this content.
e3 back up checks links-

e3 step 1 - switch pup's with rogero's 4.30cfw v 2.03 - my link has it set ready
e3 step 2 - lv2diag out of factory mode
ps3 nor dump patcher to fix bad back ups
e3 downgrade.bin - makes the e3 flasher rewrite the nor to allow factory mode access
update.bin - its the samsung version of the e3flasher firmware allows multi console downgrades. more than one console in other words
flowrebuilder - decrypts the backups to look and make sure its good

video

here is proof ^ of me downgrading to 4.30 cfw no 3.55! my video is not cut but speeds up through the middle since it takes almost 2 hours to prove this. you see every time i drop the camera fix the e3 and finish the downgrade straight to 4.30 cfw roger v 2.03 which you will KNOW ITS SPOOFED TO 4.31, you can see the install pkg/lastgame icon after downgrading.

tut installing e3 flasher

hints! the e3 flasher always has the ribbon starting under the nor words
exmple: You must login or register to view this content.

always test your back ups and even use flowrebuilder 4.2.2 to reverse decry-pt to make sure your back up was good.
Last edited by alchybear ; 02-20-2013 at 03:39 AM.

The following 15 users say thank you to alchybear for this useful post:

AMNE, dek2011, DEREKTROTTER, EternalHabit, FTDreload, GUESS_HU, Insult, Bichote, Jared, Machiavelli_23, Pseudo_Soldier, Rebuged, Specter, Swifter, riggstq
12-27-2012, 08:35 PM #11
damn well i really like what your doing here im going to tell my friends that you downgrade and sell ps3 theyve been wanting a jb ps3

The following user thanked Photo_Mikeyy for this useful post:

alchybear
12-27-2012, 09:00 PM #12
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by alchybear View Post
Very easy tutorial.

Follow the steps to downgrade a ps3, but when you get to the first step of the usb downgrading part after putting your ps3 into service mode, use rogero 4.30cfw ver. 2.03 on the root of the usb with the lv2diag.self to downgrade instead of the roger 3.55 . so again no 3.55 ever touches the ps3 during this whole setup! Doing this will also now allow CECH-300x models original slims to be downgraded to 4.30 cfw as long as it never touches 3.55 Happy

The whole reason for this was to find out if the e3 flasher fits a CECH-400xx model super slim models, but all i needed was proof that you can downgrade from 4.31 to 4.30cfw with a e3 flasher, SO

IF ANY ONE OUT THERE HAS A E3 FLASHER AND A NEW SUPER SLIM MODEL PLEASE TEST THIS IF IT WORKS! YOU CAN MAKE BACK UPS OF THE NOR INCASE IT FAILS. unless some one wants to donate me one or trade for one of my cfw ps3's with some cash we will not know if this works just for that model.

Here is proof you can but i still do not know if the CECH-400xx models are compatible since i do not have one.

files needed for safety and to proceed - You must login or register to view this content.

e3 step 1 - switch pup's with rogero's 4.30cfw v 2.03 - my link has it set ready
e3 step 2 - lv2diag out of factory mode
ps3 nor dump patcher to fix bad back ups
e3 downgrade.bin - makes the e3 flasher rewrite the nor to allow factory mode access
update.bin - its the samsung version of the e3flasher firmware allows multi console downgrades. more than one console in other words
flowrebuilder - decrypts the backups to look and make sure its good

video

here is proof ^ of me downgrading to 4.30 cfw no 3.55! my video is not cut but speeds up through the middle since it takes almost 2 hours to prove this. you see every time i drop the camera fix the e3 and finish the downgrade straight to 4.30 cfw roger v 2.03 which you will KNOW ITS SPOOFED TO 4.31, you can see the install pkg/lastgame icon after downgrading.

tut installing e3 flasher

hints! the e3 flasher always has the ribbon starting under the nor words
exmple: You must login or register to view this content.

always test your back ups and even use flowrebuilder 4.2.2 to reverse decry-pt to make sure your back up was good.

OOOOOOOO interesting! do all functions still work as normal when you went straight to 4.30 cfw? as in the install pkg's and stuff?
Looks like im going to increase my selling price on E3 flashers Winky Winky
12-27-2012, 09:05 PM #13
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by HU View Post
OOOOOOOO interesting! do all functions still work as normal when you went straight to 4.30 cfw? as in the install pkg's and stuff?
Looks like im going to increase my selling price on E3 flashers Winky Winky

so model cech-2001x everything works as if it was on 3.55 - or updated from 3.55 dont higher it unless you know it works for the newer slims XD

The following user thanked alchybear for this useful post:

GUESS_HU
12-27-2012, 09:21 PM #14
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
so model cech-2001x everything works as if it was on 3.55 - or updated from 3.55 dont higher it unless you know it works for the newer slims XD

ive got a cech-2103b 250gb slim, do you think that would work? also what error were you getting when trying to back-up the ps3 nor?
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM #15
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
ive got a cech-2103b 250gb slim, do you think that would work? also what error were you getting when trying to back-up the ps3 nor?

error was the cable wasnt connected good. sometimes it loosens up i just had to apply some pressure through the mb metal casing on it to get it in contact again, and 2101 is compatible with a e3 flasher and should be fine, only thing i find about 210xx models is the usb and the controller linking goes bad on them alot :/ not much of a fix for that either since that is now soldered into the motherboard unlike phat models. still safe and good to go for the downgrade though C:, got to imaging that cable alon has done 26 different ps3's natural wear and tear. :P

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

also always check your back up dumps to make sure they are good! e3 can go wrong anytime not only that your nor could be on a verge of break down before a e3 is even used.
Last edited by alchybear ; 12-27-2012 at 09:27 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to alchybear for this useful post:

GUESS_HU, Swifter
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM #16
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
error was the cable wasnt connected good. sometimes it loosens up i just had to apply some pressure through the mb metal casing on it to get it in contact again, and 2101 is compatible with a e3 flasher and should be fine, only thing i find about 210xx models is the usb and the controller linking goes bad on them alot :/ not much of a fix for that either since that is now soldered into the motherboard unlike phat models. still safe and good to go for the downgrade though C:, got to imaging that cable alon has done 26 different ps3's natural wear and tear. :P

You see I have tested 2 E3 flashers and I always get an error on backup. I tried to apply a lot of pressure on the metal case while backing up but it didnt do anything :( got any advice for me?
12-27-2012, 09:34 PM #17
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
You see I have tested 2 E3 flashers and I always get an error on backup. I tried to apply a lot of pressure on the metal case while backing up but it didnt do anything :( got any advice for me?

did you check the error? it comes in a text on the micro sd card ,also is the e3 updated? and last is your cable in good condition, almost forgot do you have a cotton blall to apply pressure ontop of the clip of the nor.

GUESS_HU
12-27-2012, 09:45 PM #18
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
did you check the error? it comes in a text on the micro sd card ,also is the e3 updated? and last is your cable in good condition, almost forgot do you have a cotton blall to apply pressure ontop of the clip of the nor.

my error is "start logging...backup PS3 BIOS.fail to initialize E3 Nor." I had 2 E3 flashers and I did update them because the update.bin file was deleted off of the micro sd card after i updated the e3. I have tried 3 cables one of them has gone through hell, i have tried to put penny's ontop of it to give it more pressure but no luck.
12-27-2012, 09:59 PM #19
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
my error is "start logging...backup PS3 BIOS.fail to initialize E3 Nor." I had 2 E3 flashers and I did update them because the update.bin file was deleted off of the micro sd card after i updated the e3. I have tried 3 cables one of them has gone through hell, i have tried to put penny's ontop of it to give it more pressure but no luck.

it might just be because its a 210x model. that one did not like me to much either. is the ps3 fully functioning? also this might be a hdd error, or going bad. take out the hdd and wait for you ps3 to say no hdd found and try the back up 5 secons after that message appears. sometimes if the hdd wants to go bad it becomes the slow worker and takes alot of time for the nor to become available to use.

GUESS_HU

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo