01-06-2013, 07:47 PM #1
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm considering buying the E3 flasher, but I've been googling around and came across this:

You must login or register to view this content.

I have a CHEC-2001B, and really want to downgrade my PS3. I miss having a 3.55 soooo bad. I also don't want to buy another PS3 that has 3.55, because what if I screw up and update, or some other problems? Either way, I want to downgrade myself.

Is this problem typical, or is it just an isolated incident and I will be ok?

Also, do you NEED to reapply thermal paste?
Last edited by sithxnew ; 01-06-2013 at 08:29 PM.
01-07-2013, 12:07 AM #2
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
anybody help please?
01-07-2013, 05:51 AM #3
Well you should be ok but the thing is that he probably has a Samsung Chip (the chip where he tried to clip his E3 Flasher) and for some reason, those doesn't fit as good in the clip as others so it's going to be a bit harder to get it working. My PS3 has a Samsung Chip and I successfully downgraded it a while ago after like 10 attempts to place the clip properly. Obviously, because we couldn't play online I updated and today I tried to downgrade (with the same E3 Flasher) but no success after 10+ attemps. I bet my cable is damaged so I will get a new one but yeah you can still take a look before buying if you have a Samsung Chip.

PS: You can downgrade Samsung Chip, it is just hard to clip it properly

The following user thanked jamesstp20 for this useful post:

sithxnew
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM #4
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by jamesstp20 View Post
Well you should be ok but the thing is that he probably has a Samsung Chip (the chip where he tried to clip his E3 Flasher) and for some reason, those doesn't fit as good in the clip as others so it's going to be a bit harder to get it working. My PS3 has a Samsung Chip and I successfully downgraded it a while ago after like 10 attempts to place the clip properly. Obviously, because we couldn't play online I updated and today I tried to downgrade (with the same E3 Flasher) but no success after 10+ attemps. I bet my cable is damaged so I will get a new one but yeah you can still take a look before buying if you have a Samsung Chip.

PS: You can downgrade Samsung Chip, it is just hard to clip it properly

Ok, so the samsung chip is just a different type of NOR? So I should open my ps3 and check it out first?
01-07-2013, 08:06 PM #5
Originally posted by sithxnew View Post
Ok, so the samsung chip is just a different type of NOR? So I should open my ps3 and check it out first?

It is not a different chip look at the picture :

spansion : You must login or register to view this content.

samsung: You must login or register to view this content.

But there is a really slight difference that makes the clip not fit as good as it should so yeah if you do have a Samsung, just know that it might be harder to clip the e3 properely Winky Winky and also, there is a resistor close to the Samsung chip so you might have to sand the clip to make it fit

edit: I recommend you to buy it here You must login or register to view this content. so you dont have a clone
Last edited by jamesstp20 ; 01-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.

sithxnew
01-07-2013, 08:27 PM #6
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
It is not a different chip look at the picture :

spansion : You must login or register to view this content.

samsung: You must login or register to view this content.

But there is a really slight difference that makes the clip not fit as good as it should so yeah if you do have a Samsung, just know that it might be harder to clip the e3 properely Winky Winky and also, there is a resistor close to the Samsung chip so you might have to sand the clip to make it fit

edit: I recommend you to buy it here You must login or register to view this content. so you dont have a clone

so the resistor is the small square-shaped thing to the bottom left hand side of the chip?

so i'm guessing it will sort of be hard like in this video?:

And can you give me any good advice on getting it to fit on and safe ways of 'sanding' the chip if I need to?
01-07-2013, 10:25 PM #7
No it is the one in the middle written Spansion on it Winky Winky Both are the same size but the clip just doesn't fit properly. Some people manage it by taping it and adding some coins on the clip so when they close back the console, the plate makes a pressure on the coins which are on the clip and it works without sanding or anything Smile That way worked for me once but yesterday I failed :p even after 10 attempts. Depends on your luck Winky Winky

sithxnew
01-07-2013, 11:47 PM #8
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
No it is the one in the middle written Spansion on it Winky Winky Both are the same size but the clip just doesn't fit properly. Some people manage it by taping it and adding some coins on the clip so when they close back the console, the plate makes a pressure on the coins which are on the clip and it works without sanding or anything Smile That way worked for me once but yesterday I failed :p even after 10 attempts. Depends on your luck Winky Winky

I'm confused. I mean is the thing circled in red here the resistor? You must login or register to view this content.

Because you would have to sand the lower left hand corner of the chip to make it fit by it, correct?
01-08-2013, 01:34 AM #9
Originally posted by sithxnew View Post
I'm confused. I mean is the thing circled in red here the resistor? You must login or register to view this content.

Because you would have to sand the lower left hand corner of the chip to make it fit by it, correct?

Well the huge one you have circled isn't on my PS3. I only have the really small one (which is also included in your circle) and I don't have others small around either. Only one really small resistors but still enough to prevent the clip from cliping :P

Btw I think you should really buy the E3 and give a try Winky Winky If you really wish to do it, you will succeed with some patience and few tries Smile

sithxnew
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM #10
sithxnew
Treasure hunter
Well the huge one you have circled isn't on my PS3. I only have the really small one (which is also included in your circle) and I don't have others small around either. Only one really small resistors but still enough to prevent the clip from cliping :P

Btw I think you should really buy the E3 and give a try Winky Winky If you really wish to do it, you will succeed with some patience and few tries Smile

Ok, I was going to buy it, but both NA suppliers are out of stock. I emailed E3-tech support and they said to buy it from France's supplier. Should I? Will it be in english?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo