Post: How to unbrick with E3 Flasher without a valid bios backup (dump)
01-10-2013, 11:17 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a guide for those that have bricked their PS3, and don't have a valid bios backup.
The truth is you cannot unbrick without a valid bios backup. So what you have to do is get one.
I know your probably thinking "but my PS3 won't turn on" or "but my PS3 is bricked, how can I get a valid dump?"
Well, the answer is, you can still get a valid dump from your bricked PS3.

To unbrick and you don't have a valid dump of your nor, you need to get a valid dump of the nor. Or at least a good enough one, that if it is patched with Rogero's Nor dump patcher it will be good enough to install firmware in Factory/Service mode.
So to get that valid dump follow these steps:

1. Find a pic of your motherboard You must login or register to view this content.. Solder a wire from nor tristate on motherboard to SBE on e3 ribbon cable. This will keep your PS3 on with the first switch up on the flasher. Or you can solder a wire from nor tristate to a GND point on the motherboard. Both will halt the nor and keep the PS3 on for flashing.
  2. Now you need to try and get a valid backup. It is still possible even if you are bricked. Depends on what you did, and if the important info has been flashed over.
  3. So to try and get some backups, keep switch 1 up, and put switch 3 up, the rest down.
  4. Reseat the clip and get it on good. Or solder the e3 linker to know for sure you have a good connection.
  5. Validate your backup dump. Follow You must login or register to view this content. to validate your dumps. I know that guide can be confusing, also look at You must login or register to view this content. that helped me understand how to validate my dumps. Then you can get someone with experience to double check your dump You must login or register to view this content..
  6. After you get a good enough backup, you can patch it with You must login or register to view this content.. To patch it, put the bkpps3.bin in the folder with PS3_Nor_Dump_Auto_Patcher_v0.01.exe. Then drag n drop the dump onto PS3_Nor_Dump_Auto_Patcher_v0.01.exe. It will then apply the patches for you.

Click here if you still cannot get a good dump
    If you cannot get a valid dump, you can try and put one together. You will need to go through your dumps, and try and find the important info. Then use a hex editor, to put it all together.
    Go to this page: You must login or register to view this content.. You will need to find all the per console info. To do this you will need to search through the offsets of your bad dumps. Then compare the info with the Flash page. If you can find all the per console info, you can use a donor Nor dump for the rest of the info you need.

DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE A VALID BACKUP!!! If you try to continue without a valid backup, you may flash over the info we need to unbrick the console. If that info is not gone already.
  7. Then put switch 3 down and leave the rest as they were.
  8. Flash the patched dump.
  9. When it is done flashing, turn the ps3 off.
  10. Put all switches down on flasher. If you soldered from nor tristate to GND instead, you need to remove the wire now.
  11. Turn PS3 on and you should see the connect controller screen.
  12. Then cut the power by pulling the plug or by the power switch.
  13. Insert downgrade dongle into the right most USB port.
  14. Plug PS3 back in, and press power then eject.
  15. Wait for the dongle to communicate with the PS3 and the PS3 will shut off automatically.
  16. Put You must login or register to view this content. (RENAME TO PS3UPDAT.PUP) and this You must login or register to view this content. on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  17. Replace the downgrade dongle with the USB stick, in the right most USB port.
  18. Wait for about 4 or 5 minutes for the firmware to install, and the PS3 to shut off by itself.
  19. Now put this You must login or register to view this content. by itself on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  20. Put the USB stick in the right most USB port and press power on the PS3.
  21. Wait for about 30 seconds for the PS3 to shut off by itself.

You should now be unbricked. and if you used Rogero v3.7 follow the You must login or register to view this content. steps.

Don't do any flashing until you get the clip on good, and get a valid dump. This is very important. If you flash over the info needed for a valid dump, it will never be recovered. Thus making your PS3 a permabrick.
Last edited by playerkp420 ; 04-16-2013 at 02:03 AM. Reason: added another way to make a valid dump

The following 3 users say thank you to playerkp420 for this useful post:

Eyereeyes, H41822, jamesstp20
01-11-2013, 03:28 AM #2
Glad to see you here too Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to jamesstp20 for this useful post:

chaah2016, playerkp420
01-11-2013, 03:36 AM #3
i need this thankx
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM #4
H41822
Banned
thank you bro.<3

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

if u need anything pm me.
01-13-2013, 09:37 PM #5
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by playerkp420 View Post
I don't have enough posts to send a PM. I had @Nour CL ask me a question and could not answer. So I made this thread.
Hopefully it will help others also.

To unbrick and you don't have a valid dump of your nor, you need to get a valid dump of the nor. Or at least a good enough one, that if it is patched with Rogero's Nor dump patcher it will be good enough to install firmware in Factory/Service mode.

1. Solder a wire from nor tristate on motherboard to SBE on e3 ribbon cable. This will keep your PS3 on with the first switch up on the flasher.
  2. Now you need to try and get a valid backup. It is still possible even if you are bricked. Depends on what you did, and if the important info has been flashed over.
  3. So to try and get some backups, keep switch 1 up, and put switch 3 up, the rest down.
  4. Reseat the clip and get it on good. Or solder the e3 linker to know for sure you have a good connection.
  5. After you get a good enough backup, you can patch it with You must login or register to view this content..
    DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE A VALID BACKUP!!! If you try to continue without a valid backup, you may flash over the info we need to unbrick the console. If that info is not gone already.
  6. Then put switch 3 down and leave the rest as they were.
  7. Flash the patched dump.
  8. When it is done flashing, turn the ps3 off.
  9. Put all switches down on flasher.
  10. Turn PS3 on and you should see the connect controller screen.
  11. Then cut the power by pulling the plug or by the power switch.
  12. Insert downgrade dongle into the right most USB port.
  13. Plug PS3 back in, and press power then eject.
  14. Wait for the dongle to communicate with the PS3 and the PS3 will shut off automatically.
  15. Put either You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content. (RENAME TO PS3UPDAT.PUP) and this You must login or register to view this content. on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  16. Replace the downgrade dongle with the USB stick, in the right most USB port.
  17. Wait for about 4 or 5 minutes for the firmware to install, and the PS3 to shut off by itself.
  18. Now put this You must login or register to view this content. by itself on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  19. Put the USB stick in the right most USB port and press power on the PS3.
  20. Wait for about 30 seconds for the PS3 to shut off by itself.

You should now be unbricked. and if you used Rogero v3.7 follow the dehashing steps.
No dehashing is needed if you used Rogero 4.30 v2.05, but you should reinstall it from the recovery menu. Because one of the ros folders are empty and that will fill the folder with the files that should be there. If you leave the ros folder empty it can cause red or blue screen errors later on.
If you want to see what I mean about ros folder, make a dump and extract with flowrebuilder.

Don't do any flashing until you get the clip on good, and get a valid dump.

Misleading title. As you say "until you get a valid backup" so you still need a valid backup!
01-13-2013, 11:52 PM #6
Budz
Former Staff
Originally posted by playerkp420 View Post
I don't have enough posts to send a PM. I had @Nour CL ask me a question and could not answer. So I made this thread.
Hopefully it will help others also.

1. Solder a wire from nor tristate on motherboard to SBE on e3 ribbon cable. This will keep your PS3 on with the first switch up on the flasher.
  5. After you get a good enough backup, you can patch it with You must login or register to view this content..
  6. Then put switch 3 down and leave the rest as they were.
  7. Flash the patched dump.
  8. When it is done flashing, turn the ps3 off.
  9. Put all switches down on flasher.
  10. Turn PS3 on and you should see the connect controller screen.
  11. Then cut the power by pulling the plug or by the power switch.
  12. Insert downgrade dongle into the right most USB port.
  13. Plug PS3 back in, and press power then eject.
  14. Wait for the dongle to communicate with the PS3 and the PS3 will shut off automatically.
  15. Put either You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content. (RENAME TO PS3UPDAT.PUP) and this You must login or register to view this content. on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  16. Replace the downgrade dongle with the USB stick, in the right most USB port.
  17. Wait for about 4 or 5 minutes for the firmware to install, and the PS3 to shut off by itself.
  18. Now put this You must login or register to view this content. by itself on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
  19. Put the USB stick in the right most USB port and press power on the PS3.
  20. Wait for about 30 seconds for the PS3 to shut off by itself.

You should now be unbricked. and if you used Rogero v3.7 follow the dehashing steps.
No dehashing is needed if you used Rogero 4.30 v2.05, but you should reinstall it from the recovery menu. Because one of the ros folders are empty and that will fill the folder with the files that should be there. If you leave the ros folder empty it can cause red or blue screen errors later on.
If you want to see what I mean about ros folder, make a dump and extract with flowrebuilder.

Don't do any flashing until you get the clip on good, and get a valid dump.

Moved to correct section Smile

The following user thanked Budz for this useful post:

playerkp420
01-14-2013, 03:06 AM #7
Default Avatar
F1kart
Anyone have a problem with the Dongle not responding when Powering on and hitting eject? Any Advice how to get past this issue? I have tried Tensy 2++ as well same result.
01-14-2013, 10:49 AM #8
GUESS_HU
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by F1kart View Post
Anyone have a problem with the Dongle not responding when Powering on and hitting eject? Any Advice how to get past this issue? I have tried Tensy 2++ as well same result.

I had this issue. Never got it sorted tho. Blown fuse on motherboard for the USB hub? Or try reflashing dump and try again
01-17-2013, 03:07 AM #9
Default Avatar
F1kart
Originally posted by HU View Post
I had this issue. Never got it sorted tho. Blown fuse on motherboard for the USB hub? Or try reflashing dump and try again

You were correct rewired usb off old play station and problem solved. TY
01-18-2013, 03:49 AM #10
Originally posted by HU View Post
Misleading title. As you say "until you get a valid backup" so you still need a valid backup!

Yes, it is. But the fact is you can't unbrick without a valid dump. So if you don't have one, and your PS3 is bricked, the only thing you can do is try and get one. At least get the important per console info. Then you could also use a donor Nor flash, and inject your info with a hex editor.
Sorry for the misleading title, but you have to start somewhere if your PS3 is bricked and you don't have a valid dump.

Originally posted by Budz View Post
Moved to correct section Smile

Thanks for moving to the correct section. Sorry to post in the wrong section. How noob of me Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo