01-28-2013, 10:27 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump
- QA Flag (If 1st time to DEX)

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

2. Put these 2 files on a USB

3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)

4. If this is your 1st time to DEX, your console must now be QA Flagged.

5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile
Last edited by Keith Lemon ; 01-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Keith Lemon for this useful post:

ALEKZx--, JuMaKas,
02-03-2013, 08:26 AM #11
Tyster
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
What cfw are you on?

Rebug 4.21.2 -dex
10-16-2013, 01:16 AM #12
TheReturn
Gym leader
i have a question can you still do this without your dump files?
10-16-2013, 06:05 AM #13
Britis-
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Keith
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile

Lets say im on 4.21 DEX.
then i want to go to CEX. all i need to do is downgrade to 3.55 and then enter recovery mode on ps3? after this i will be on 3.55 OFW? and when i install a cfw will i be in CEX? im a noob, plz dont me mad with me lol Smile
10-16-2013, 01:08 PM #14
KevinWinterX
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Keith
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump

Additional notes:

You said that wrong you said your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

" in a semi-brick if it is enabled" You mean in a semi-brick if qa was not enabled lol
10-16-2013, 04:08 PM #15
TheReturn
Gym leader
This is worded terribly:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
10-23-2013, 01:11 AM #16
if im in rebug 4.21 and update to 4.46 rebug will i still have dex?
10-29-2013, 06:54 PM #17
how to finds a CEX or DEX dump
05-16-2014, 02:58 AM #18
duhjasio
Gym leader
Originally posted by Source
Please edit that your console needs to be QA Flagged, or dehashed before converting to dex (for the first time) to return to CEX, if you rewrite your flash (CEX) with an unhashed, / qaflagged console, you will have a semi-bricked console. Please edit and include this so people dont screw up their consoles.

i accidently switched back to CEX with toggle qa enabled. what do you mean by a semi-bricked console and how can i fix this? Everything seems to be working fine except my ps3 all of a sudden became slow. idk if that has to do with this or the fact that i started using max settings on fan control
Last edited by duhjasio ; 05-16-2014 at 03:45 AM.
05-16-2014, 04:22 AM #19
hey im on rogero 4.46 v1.00 trying to get to dex i dont want to brick and i do not understand this tut can someone help me.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo