01-28-2013, 10:27 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump
- QA Flag (If 1st time to DEX)

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

2. Put these 2 files on a USB

3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)

4. If this is your 1st time to DEX, your console must now be QA Flagged.

5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile
Last edited by Keith Lemon ; 01-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Keith Lemon for this useful post:

ALEKZx--, JuMaKas,
06-11-2014, 06:38 PM #20
Originally posted by khoota View Post
hey im on rogero 4.46 v1.00 trying to get to dex i dont want to brick and i do not understand this tut can someone help me.

Same Here! Only i'm on CEX cfw Rogero 4.55 v1.0b
06-12-2014, 04:50 PM #21
nice tut
10-07-2014, 01:10 PM #22
Nothing2Suss
Do a barrel roll!
***POSTING FOR A FRIEND WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN N.G.U ACCOUNT***

Hey, what happens if I don't have the flash/dumps anymore? Can i use someone else's ones?
looking to go from DEX back to CEX. Thankyou.

The following user thanked Nothing2Suss for this useful post:

jaelm2014
12-13-2014, 07:25 PM #23
Originally posted by Keith
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is Smile but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily Smile

Files needed:
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump
- QA Flag (If 1st time to DEX)

1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)

2. Put these 2 files on a USB

3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)

4. If this is your 1st time to DEX, your console must now be QA Flagged.

5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'

7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.

8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX

Additional notes:

- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump

- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW Smile

I'm on 4.50 ITA DEX and I want to switch to CEX but I don't get the "Rewrite Target ID In Flash" option because it says "CEX/DEX Functions Not Available: Install REBUG REX EDITION to access these functions." why doesn't anyone ever add this information?! How do I go from 4.50 ITA to REBUG REX??? Also, I've never used REBUG before and also, how do I know if I have Q/A Flags installed? Why does everyone make shitty tuts! Never provide enough information! This shit can be pretty complicated and you can really fuck up your PS3 but when people make tutorials on how to do it, they never make it detailed enough to make sure you don't fuck your shit up! I'm in a hurry to get this done and I'm really frustrated!
Last edited by CraCk_BaBy_13 ; 12-13-2014 at 07:34 PM.

The following user thanked CraCk_BaBy_13 for this useful post:

BENJYxFRANK
12-14-2014, 10:48 PM #24
tman0071
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by 13 View Post
I'm on 4.50 ITA DEX and I want to switch to CEX but I don't get the "Rewrite Target ID In Flash" option because it says "CEX/DEX Functions Not Available: Install REBUG REX EDITION to access these functions." why doesn't anyone ever add this information?! How do I go from 4.50 ITA to REBUG REX??? Also, I've never used REBUG before and also, how do I know if I have Q/A Flags installed? Why does everyone make shitty tuts! Never provide enough information! This shit can be pretty complicated and you can really fuck up your PS3 but when people make tutorials on how to do it, they never make it detailed enough to make sure you don't fuck your shit up! I'm in a hurry to get this done and I'm really frustrated!

Change your cfw to rebug drex and then the cex/Dex options will be available.
12-15-2014, 07:38 PM #25
ViggyYT
Little One
Is there a video on this tutorial done by somebody? Can i get link if there is
12-15-2014, 11:24 PM #26
Originally posted by tman0071 View Post
Change your cfw to rebug drex and then the cex/Dex options will be available.

I had to get a later version of rebug toolbox I think. I can't remember exactly what all I did but I got it working. Thanks for the reply.
12-20-2014, 03:21 AM #27
ViggyYT
Little One
Any video on this?
12-20-2014, 04:52 AM #28
Nice Tutorial for te noobies Shiver

The following user thanked Vioku for this useful post:

sherdil

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo