I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not so don't be mean if it is, mods close if it is but this is a simple way to swap between Cex and Dex easily
- Rebug Tool box
- Cex Dump
- Dex Dump
- QA Flag (If 1st time to DEX)
1. Get your CEX dump and rename it to CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND) and Get your DEX dump and rename it to DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (if it's NOR) or DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN (if it's NAND)
2. Put these 2 files on a USB
3. Then place on USB001 (right slot)
4. If this is your 1st time to DEX, your console must now be QA Flagged.
5. Go on Rebug Toolbox, go to the 4th tab along and go to 'Rewrite Target ID in Flash' and hit 'X'
7.If you are going from DEX to CEX, your console MUSTN'T be QA Flagged! or it will result in a semi-brick if it is enabled.
8. Quit game and then turn PS3 off with controller and turn back on and you will be on DEX if you were on CEX or you will be on CEX if you were on DEX
- If it is your 1st time going from CEX to DEX, follow DERREKTROTTER's or CHOCO's tutorial because you will have to create your DEX Dump
- If you're on DEX and you've swaped to CEX, i suggest you update to 3.55 OFW through recovery mode then update to your favourite CFW