01-29-2013, 02:00 PM #1
Shark
Retired.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey this tutorial is made for people who are unable to directly connect there ps3's to their router or would rather use wifi.

What you will need
1) An Ethernet cable
2) a brain
3) Target Manager You must login or register to view this content.

Firstly you want to connect the Ethernet cable to your ps3 then to your computer
Now once this is done go into network and shareing center then go into change adapter settings (you should see connections etc in here)
You must login or register to view this content.

Now look for the connection that should be named Wireless networt connection (might have a number at the end if it, your connection should also be active as in show the name SSID of the router under it)
What you want to do now is right click on the connection and go into properties there should be 2 tabs at the top of the window, we need to click on the shareing tab, once in the shareing tab you should see 2 options that are activated by tick boxes, we need to tick the first box now before going apply under the first option there should be a drop down box you want to click on that and select your local network (it will be named local area connection or something similar) now click apply

Once you have done this head to your ps3 and go into network settings, you want to choose custom settings > wired connection now you don't need to set anything up just leave all the options the same now test the connection and obtaining ip address and Internet connection should be successful if not check that you choose the right shareing settings in your pc)

Now just follow normal real time modding procedures (you may have to configure the ip scanning in prodg target manager (my wireless ip is 192.168.0.x but when using Ethernet to computer method it becomes 192.168.137.x)

This method will work on any windows computer/laptop I can confirm it works on windows 7 and 8 :p
as for mac I have no idea sorry :(

Hope this helps people that are trying to real time mod Smile
Also if you need any help feel free to ask

Skype = xjustinx12x

How To Get Open NAT Type When RTM Over WiFi
Go Here: You must login or register to view this content.

Troubleshooting

If you fail to obtain IP Adress or Internet Connection then this is what you need to do

Firstly go into your network settings and right click on the Ethernet connection and go into properties then you need to go into the TCP/ICv4 Option (Double click it)

Once you are in there select the use following DNS box then type in your router address (can be found by going into cmd and typing ipconfig) now once this is done save the settings and go test the connection on your ps3 and it should be all good from there if not feel free to contact me on skype (skype name above)

Updated Tutorial: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Shark ; 08-24-2015 at 11:44 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to Shark for this useful post:

^TPP^, -Google-, -Nathan-, ℳaTiCz, ★┣XBSRocksX┤★, Eddie Mac, AMNE, Bad Luck Brian, Icy, BigGucciSosa300, C-J, CentralModz819, cod5cl, Fall's Fait, Fixed Username, Frank Ryan, FTDreload, FuntCase, g9g__BASHA__g9g, Giantsfan15, Gommy, HaXingInc, iLLy-i, ILovePie24!!, ImPiffHD, Bichote, JamesSwagger, ResistTheJamsha, TheMightyMoJo, M33-_-Firmware, Mango_Knife, Mz-Bomb3rZz-, network10, OPTIC-M★D丂X, Pseudo_Soldier, PWW_Commander, RainMaker., redbullmasta, RiZ-N, stevenfu3, Stunz, STYL3S, TrailMix, Tyler, UnHolyModz, Winter, xAJM, xkoeckiiej, xSoulEdge, Ziad1997
08-21-2013, 11:30 PM #101
FiL-UK1
Bounty hunter
I don't get the sharing option, only networking
08-26-2013, 04:04 AM #102
Only i which have problem with the connection ? I tryed so many times and so many things to connect over wifi and ever i get the error with the ip, even doing the mini tutorial if have error with the IP.. God, i am very unluck Dancing
11-13-2013, 04:10 PM #103
Do a barrel roll!
mine is still Not working :( I Put the details in v4 but i keep getting failed on obtain ip adress
11-23-2013, 11:30 PM #104
i need help, i did all the steps but it always fails to connect to my ps3, its found just i cant connect it. i have all the debug setting right.
03-15-2014, 01:03 PM #105
vivas700
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by sharkbait263 View Post
Hey this tutorial is made for people who are unable to directly connect there ps3's to their router or would rather use wifi.

What you will need
1) An Ethernet cable
2) a brain

Firstly you want to connect the Ethernet cable to your ps3 then to your computer
Now once this is done go into network and shareing center then go into change adapter settings (you should see connections etc in here)

Now look for the connection that should be named Wireless networt connection (might have a number at the end if it, your connection should also be active as in show the name SSID of the router under it)
What you want to do now is right click on the connection and go into properties there should be 2 tabs at the top of the window, we need to click on the shareing tab, once in the shareing tab you should see 2 options that are activated by tick boxes, we need to tick the first box now before going apply under the first option there should be a drop down box you want to click on that and select your local network (it will be named local area connection or something similar) now click apply

Once you have done this head to your ps3 and go into network settings, you want to choose custom settings > wired connection now you don't need to set anything up just leave all the options the same now test the connection and obtaining ip address and Internet connection should be successful if not check that you choose the right shareing settings in your pc)

Now just follow normal real time modding procedures (you may have to configure the ip scanning in prodg target manager (my wireless ip is 192.168.0.x but when using Ethernet to computer method it becomes 192.168.137.x)

This method will work on any windows computer/laptop I can confirm it works on windows 7 and 8 :p

Skype = xjustinx12x

Troubleshooting

If you fail to obtain IP Adress or Internet Connection then this is what you need to do

Firstly go into your network settings and right click on the Ethernet connection and go into properties then you need to go into the TCP/ICv4 Option (Double click it)

Once you are in there select the use following DNS box then type in your router address (can be found by going into cmd and typing ipconfig) now once this is done save the settings and go test the connection on your ps3 and it should be all good from there if not feel free to contact me on skype (skype name above)

my ps3 obtains the ip address fine but does not have an internet connection? what do i do?
03-15-2014, 01:09 PM #106
Flappy Bird
< ^ > < ^ >
Thaaaaankz <3
12-02-2014, 02:15 AM #107
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Shark View Post
Hey this tutorial is made for people who are unable to directly connect there ps3's to their router or would rather use wifi.

What you will need
1) An Ethernet cable
2) a brain

Skype = xjustinx12x

Troubleshooting

On mine there isnt no drop box on internet connection sharing, im using an HP Windows 8 if it matters
12-02-2014, 01:10 PM #108
Shark
Retired.
Originally posted by FozeQuickFap View Post
On mine there isnt no drop box on internet connection sharing, im using an HP Windows 8 if it matters

if there is no box then you just select the internet sharing checkbox and continue with the tutorial
12-02-2014, 07:29 PM #109
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
Oh okay thanks works now Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo