Post: [Full Tutorial] Setting up for RTEing. [Step by Step]
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

This is VERY noob friendly!

I made this so it could be a terminal for all the possible help anyone would need to RTE. It includes links to threads for DEX conversions to Offsets and everything in between. I will constantly update to add the most up-to-date information on RTEing on PS3. All the tools you will ever need for RTE will be posted here with my own links so they will be easier to manage and find.

1) Making a Debug EBOOT.BIN

Files needed: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.

Note: Always use files from the update that is the most recent! Do not use an EBOOT.BIN from the disc or a backup then using it in the game data directory where updates are stored.

1a) To use a .self file (default_mp.self), use TA SELF Resigner (Option 4) to decrypt the .self to a .elf. Then use DE Fixer (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1) the select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

2) Setting up your PS3 for RTEing

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode
Boot Mode > System Software Mode
Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting

Make sure your PS3 is wired to the router via an ethernet cable or use Sharkbait's tutorial listed below to set it up wirelessly! This is very important or it won't show up in the target manager!

After all that has been checked, put your Debug EBOOT.BIN in the appropriate directory.
(Example: MW3 US Update v1.23= dev_hdd0 > game > BLUS30838 > USRDIR > EBOOT.BIN)

Now reboot your PS3 and you're all set on that end.

3) Setting up your PC for RTEing

Go to the PC that you will be using for RTEing

ProDG Target Manager
Check on the Console Output (located under the ip address) to see if it is booted in System Software Mode.
Note: If you're using a true DEX with the Ip config on the lower right corner of the XMB menu then it should change from "Connected From 0.0.0.0" to "Connected from 'Your PC's Ip address'."

ProDG Debugger
Launch the game and count to 3 before loading the Debugger just to be careful. You should now see your process showing up now! Now just "Attach Process" by right clicking on the process which will freeze your game until the next step.

ProDG Target Manager
Go to "Kernel Explorer" click on the process then press the "Continue" icon which looks like a green playstation start button. That's it!

ProDG Debugger
Select to auto-update in the options above and you're finally done. Have fun RTEing!}

If you have ANY questions, I'd be glad to answer them and I'm sure others will be as well.[/B]

***If by any chance you cannot download the files given please alert me as soon as possible and I will update them as quickly and hassle-free as I can. You may be required to use Google Chrome to download as I use MEGA to upload my files for the encryption and privacy it gives! If there is another file/files you want a download link to, just send me a message asking for it and it will be done. Smile

ProDG Download Link
ProDG Debugging Tools 4.20.1.0 - Link removed due to Warez Infringement, use Google to find it.

Offsets Threads
MW3 = You must login or register to view this content.
BLOPS2 = You must login or register to view this content.

Converting to DEX
Choco's Full DEX Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Derektrotter's Rebug REX Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.

Other threads on RTEing:
D3ch's RTE Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Primetime's Debug Eboot Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Sharkbait's RTEing Over WiFi = You must login or register to view this content.
IcedTiga's RTEing Over WiFi(Easier) = You must login or register to view this content.
Tustin's FSELF Ebbots = You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Pseudo_Soldier ; 01-31-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Revised due to link removal by Mod

The following 46 users say thank you to Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

^TPP^, -Google-, -SuperMan, {OM}1337{OM}, 631, AMNE, Bane., TheDeadLift, Boeing6570, BongCommander, Chip ♞, Dannie Fresh, DANNY G, DEREKTROTTER, dolby1, DonGiuliiano, Eat_Ur_Food, Grezinn, H41822, IcyDose, ImGsus, Jenxz, koekiemonstarr2, Loxy, LULLINHO, Mango_Knife, milky4444, MODZ4FUN420, Morphia, moviedog, Obris, RambosNGU, ros.102, Dacoco, Soldier., stevesetsfire, Super Gamer, Swampman, Swifter, The-Mmv, totschlagen, xAJM, xkoeckiiej, xKtF, xSwissModzHD, zMarcusHD
11-03-2013, 06:45 AM #92
Originally posted by bailey.smith69 View Post
Hey sorry but I did this and I am still getting an error message when I try to attach, I am on ps3ita 4.21, my ps3 is connected to my modem and my laptop is connected to the wifi, I can connect with everything but when I try to attach I get this error message,

"unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Please help.

This is either a .NET framework error which requires you to update it to either '.NET Framework v4.0' for XP users/'.NET Framework v4.5' for 7 users' or the ProDG program did not install properly.
11-03-2013, 08:07 AM #93
What about windows vista?
11-03-2013, 09:04 AM #94
Also how would that prevent attaching it? Because it can connect, but just not attach. It is driving me nuts!
11-04-2013, 12:18 AM #95
Originally posted by Soldier View Post
I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

I made this so it could be a terminal for all the possible help anyone would need to RTE. It includes links to threads for DEX conversions to Offsets and everything in between. I will constantly update to add the most up-to-date information on RTEing on PS3. All the tools you will ever need for RTE will be posted here with my own links so they will be easier to manage and find.

Files needed: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.

Note: Always use files from the update that is the most recent! Do not use an EBOOT.BIN from the disc or a backup then using it in the game data directory where updates are stored.

1a) To use a .self file (default_mp.self), use TA SELF Resigner (Option 4) to decrypt the .self to a .elf. Then use DE Fixer (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1) the select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Make sure your PS3 is wired to the router via an ethernet cable or use Sharkbait's tutorial listed below to set it up wirelessly! This is very important or it won't show up in the target manager!

After all that has been checked, put your Debug EBOOT.BIN in the appropriate directory.
(Example: MW3 US Update v1.23= dev_hdd0 > game > BLUS30838 > USRDIR > EBOOT.BIN)

ProDG Target Manager
Check on the Console Output (located under the ip address) to see if it is booted in System Software Mode.
Note: If you're using a true DEX with the Ip config on the lower right corner of the XMB menu then it should change from "Connected From 0.0.0.0" to "Connected from 'Your PC's Ip address'."

ProDG Debugger
Launch the game and count to 3 before loading the Debugger just to be careful. You should now see your process showing up now! Now just "Attach Process" by right clicking on the process which will freeze your game until the next step.

ProDG Target Manager
Go to "Kernel Explorer" click on the process then press the "Continue" icon which looks like a green playstation start button. That's it!

ProDG Debugger
Select to auto-update in the options above and you're finally done. Have fun RTEing!}

If you have ANY questions, I'd be glad to answer them and I'm sure others will be as well.[/B]

***If by any chance you cannot download the files given please alert me as soon as possible and I will update them as quickly and hassle-free as I can. You may be required to use Google Chrome to download as I use MEGA to upload my files for the encryption and privacy it gives! If there is another file/files you want a download link to, just send me a message asking for it and it will be done. Smile

ProDG Download Link
You must login or register to view this content.

Offsets Threads

Converting to DEX
Derektrotter's Rebug REX Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.

Other threads on RTEing:
Primetime's Debug Eboot Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
IcedTiga's RTEing Over WiFi(Easier) = You must login or register to view this content.

When I use "single settings" my psn gets difonnected... Pls help
11-04-2013, 12:20 AM #96
When I use "Single Setting" I get logged out of PSN pls help!
12-10-2013, 04:16 AM #97
im on CEX how do i RTE! ?
12-12-2013, 07:58 PM #98
annern
Hurah!
For some reason I still can't RTE. I followed every step in your tutorial, yet it doesn't work. I don't understand why you need to do that Target manager part, as when I rte'd on my friend's pc it worked like a charm (without having to do that part where you have to use a debugger and shit.) I only launched CCAPI, retrieved processes & kernels, chose the eboot one, then I launched badchoicesz rtm tool and pressed "load offsets" and it worked like a charm. On my PC however, I can't load them fucking offsets. I did the exact same steps as I did with my friends pc. I have connected my ps3 to an ethernet cable, and wired connection works like a charm, though when I try to load offsets in badchoicesz rtm tool it doesn't do anything at all! it doesn't even start loading... I am connected and attached, so why am I experiencing this problem??
It's beggining to become quite annoying now, as I have been bothered with this for weeks, and still haven't found a solution.
Well, any help is appreciated.
Last edited by annern ; 12-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.
12-30-2013, 09:28 PM #99
xPan
Haxor!
why wont my debugger find a process? Please help!
01-29-2014, 05:19 PM #100
Originally posted by Soldier View Post
I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

ProDG Target Manager

ProDG Debugger

ProDG Target Manager

ProDG Debugger

ProDG Download Link
ProDG Debugging Tools 4.20.1.0 - Search Google, you know where to find it.

Offsets Threads

Converting to DEX

Other threads on RTEing:

hey im trying to rtm and i cant seem to figure it out im on dex cfw rodrego 4.50 and i do not have that debug settings on my ps3 what do i do ???

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo