Post: [Full Tutorial] Setting up for RTEing. [Step by Step]
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've seen tons of people not being able to get their process to show up on ProDG Debugger and I couldn't figure it out myself until after a few hours of digging, found multiple sources that helped me get it up and running so I thought I'd post them all together in one terminal thread.

This is VERY noob friendly!

I made this so it could be a terminal for all the possible help anyone would need to RTE. It includes links to threads for DEX conversions to Offsets and everything in between. I will constantly update to add the most up-to-date information on RTEing on PS3. All the tools you will ever need for RTE will be posted here with my own links so they will be easier to manage and find.

1) Making a Debug EBOOT.BIN

Files needed: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.

Note: Always use files from the update that is the most recent! Do not use an EBOOT.BIN from the disc or a backup then using it in the game data directory where updates are stored.

1a) To use a .self file (default_mp.self), use TA SELF Resigner (Option 4) to decrypt the .self to a .elf. Then use DE Fixer (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1) the select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

2) Setting up your PS3 for RTEing

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode
Boot Mode > System Software Mode
Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting

Make sure your PS3 is wired to the router via an ethernet cable or use Sharkbait's tutorial listed below to set it up wirelessly! This is very important or it won't show up in the target manager!

After all that has been checked, put your Debug EBOOT.BIN in the appropriate directory.
(Example: MW3 US Update v1.23= dev_hdd0 > game > BLUS30838 > USRDIR > EBOOT.BIN)

Now reboot your PS3 and you're all set on that end.

3) Setting up your PC for RTEing

Go to the PC that you will be using for RTEing

ProDG Target Manager
Check on the Console Output (located under the ip address) to see if it is booted in System Software Mode.
Note: If you're using a true DEX with the Ip config on the lower right corner of the XMB menu then it should change from "Connected From 0.0.0.0" to "Connected from 'Your PC's Ip address'."

ProDG Debugger
Launch the game and count to 3 before loading the Debugger just to be careful. You should now see your process showing up now! Now just "Attach Process" by right clicking on the process which will freeze your game until the next step.

ProDG Target Manager
Go to "Kernel Explorer" click on the process then press the "Continue" icon which looks like a green playstation start button. That's it!

ProDG Debugger
Select to auto-update in the options above and you're finally done. Have fun RTEing!}

If you have ANY questions, I'd be glad to answer them and I'm sure others will be as well.[/B]

***If by any chance you cannot download the files given please alert me as soon as possible and I will update them as quickly and hassle-free as I can. You may be required to use Google Chrome to download as I use MEGA to upload my files for the encryption and privacy it gives! If there is another file/files you want a download link to, just send me a message asking for it and it will be done. Smile

ProDG Download Link
ProDG Debugging Tools 4.20.1.0 - Link removed due to Warez Infringement, use Google to find it.

Offsets Threads
MW3 = You must login or register to view this content.
BLOPS2 = You must login or register to view this content.

Converting to DEX
Choco's Full DEX Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Derektrotter's Rebug REX Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.

Other threads on RTEing:
D3ch's RTE Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Primetime's Debug Eboot Tutorial = You must login or register to view this content.
Sharkbait's RTEing Over WiFi = You must login or register to view this content.
IcedTiga's RTEing Over WiFi(Easier) = You must login or register to view this content.
Tustin's FSELF Ebbots = You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Pseudo_Soldier ; 01-31-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Revised due to link removal by Mod

The following 46 users say thank you to Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

^TPP^, -Google-, -SuperMan, {OM}1337{OM}, 631, AMNE, Bane., TheDeadLift, Boeing6570, BongCommander, Chip ♞, Dannie Fresh, DANNY G, DEREKTROTTER, dolby1, DonGiuliiano, Eat_Ur_Food, Grezinn, H41822, IcyDose, ImGsus, Jenxz, koekiemonstarr2, Loxy, LULLINHO, Mango_Knife, milky4444, MODZ4FUN420, Morphia, moviedog, Obris, RambosNGU, ros.102, Dacoco, Soldier., stevesetsfire, Super Gamer, Swampman, Swifter, The-Mmv, totschlagen, xAJM, xkoeckiiej, xKtF, xSwissModzHD, zMarcusHD
03-26-2014, 06:19 PM #110
I have followed this step by step but keep getting a can not connect error when trying to use tools, please help :S
04-02-2014, 04:38 PM #111
sorry but this tuto has a mistake in the Decrypter

1b) To use an EBOOT.BIN file, use DE Fixer to decrypt the Eboot (Option 1)
Option 1 is the content ID Utility. If i press that, nothing happen. So i think its the 0. then i see the .elf-file.

then select DEX Utility (Option 7 then option 1) and that will encrypt the EBOOT.elf to give you your Debug EBOOT.BIN.

this not happen to. Maybe you talk about another decrypter then the one you posted in your tuturial?

if this shall be noobfriendly, it should be without mistakes, im not a noob and when i do what you write there, i have a eboot.bin.bak and an eboot.elf. No Debug-Eboot.

Last but not least, i got 2 Trojaner to isolate with that links

The following user thanked izy11111 for this useful post:

CraCk_BaBy_13
04-19-2014, 08:25 AM #112
Dominator666
I defeated!
mine used to connect to my ps3 now it gives me a error ev time I try connecting
cex 4.50 rogero
win 7
I don't know what happened I changed a hdd that I had to a bigger one n now when I go to connect I get nada
I know im on cex but like I said when I set it up before I was on same firmware as before and when I went in it connected it was green
and I could go into ps3 using it to transfer files n stuff
05-15-2014, 10:25 PM #113
Okay so I got this to work once but then after that it never worked again I will explain everything below ...

When I got it to work My setup was:
PC B hooked up to wifi and hooked up to ps3 via Ethernet cord
PC A connected to ps3 via Target Manager and Debugger
PC A running rte tool
Ps3 on 4.46 D-rex

This setup worked one time and after that it never worked again. Since then I have re-downloaded target manager multiple times. And I have switched to this setup.

PC A hooked up to wifi and hooked up to ps3 via Ethernet cord
PC A connected to ps3 via Target Manager and Debugger
PC A running rte tool
Ps3 on 4.46 D-rex

This still hasn't fixed the problem.

The problem I am having is that the target manager wont let me click connect or disconnect. They are grayed out. Picture below.
You must login or register to view this content.

However here is where it gets weird. When I run target manager in sandbox it will connect successfully on PC A however on the ps3 I get this error code and its weird cause the error code shows up in the background of the ps3 but i can still press x (I believe) to click ok and it goes away. The error code is 80028f14. I go ahead and start the game and debugger however the debugger wont pick up the process no matter what timing I use to start the game and program.

Please help me guys I have been trying to fix this for over a week.
09-13-2014, 05:35 AM #114
I'm new to this and I'm just confused on step one where your using your ps3 for RTM. Can some help me out please
11-19-2014, 08:24 PM #115
Hi, I'm new to this RTM topic and i need an urgent attention for someone could help my problems.
I've recently setup the ProDG debugger and target manager and suceeded to connect with target manager, but attached process won't be appeared in process windows. I've sure that i've ready convert eboot.elf into dex mode type of eboot.bin OR default.elf into eboot.bin by using Darkbootfixerv5.5, But it return same things without any attached process been showed out.

I've tried to choose Tools->Targets and select with my console IP's address, but no luck in same.

Below is my setup
Game to worked out (COD Adwanced Warfare)
Rebug DEX 4.46 (spoofed into 4.65)

** UPDATE **
PRODG Debugger worked out to show process been attached for others games but only except COD AW games.

I need attached process be able to show out in Prodg debugger, anyone could help me?
Last edited by koklimabc123 ; 11-19-2014 at 09:04 PM.
01-31-2015, 03:31 AM #116
it woooooooork
01-31-2015, 02:50 PM #117
For rebug 4.65.2 Go to Rebug Toolbox > Selector>Awesome faceebug Menu Typ "DEX"
Go to XMB > Debug Settings> Boot Mode "System Software Update"
Debug Settings> Network Settings for Debug "Single Settings"
Have fun
02-25-2015, 09:22 AM #118
xXx-M83-xXx
Can’t trickshot me!
Last edited by xXx-M83-xXx ; 02-25-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo